Kilij

Why Worship God?

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

On 16/12/2016 at 8:38 PM, Who_Am_I said:

Salam Alaikum

You can worship two things 1. Allah 2. Your Nafs.

If you worsip your nufs then it will make you animal even more below then animals.

If you worship Allah with sincerity then it will take to the highest levels of creation.

Above users reply are excellent. You can not find any one else to worship except Allah.

Two things are built in in you Fujur and Taqwa (sura Shams).

Fujur is the path of satan

Taqwa is the path towards God. 

May Allah Guide us ameen

These words are awesome.

Either fall in love with your self only, or fall in love with every good thing that exists (Allah has everything good in creation and much much more!) which includes loving your self for the sake of God.

Edited by LinkZelda
Who_Am_I likes this

1 hour ago, LinkZelda said:

These words are awesome.

All praise for Allah. Thanks for your encouragement brother.

""""""""""And how much beautiful praise, for which I was unworthy, You hast spread abroad! """""""Imam ali a.s"""""""

On 4/24/2016 at 3:07 AM, Kilij said:

Hello, Kilij here.

I'm a university student that was never born into a faith or raised into being religious. I never knew my father and mother never liked her experience with religious upbringing thus she didn't raise me into faith. I now have been very interested in religious studies and while a secular field, I am now pretty much open to the belief that God probably exists, so this thread won't require any proofs of God(though I may need some clarifications on what God's nature is like in Islamic theology), but I have perhaps a stranger question I mean to ask with the utmost respect and desire to learn. So forgive me in advance as this will sound blunt, but why do I need God? I really want to find faith, I do, given the choice between belief and unbelief, I see no reason to not at very least believe. However, I still feel there's no reason to adopt religion and become actively religious. I've had a traumatic early childhood at school, was driven to depression when I was failing academically before university(and was rejected by every university I wanted), and was betrayed by several friends. Yet each and every hardship I emerged from as a much stronger and wiser person, all before I was even open to the idea of a single omnipotent God, thus I feel I alone claim the credit for my ultimate success since I highly doubt God would've helped me back in those times. Many people seem to turn to faith at their weakest and turn away from faith at their highest points in life. Yet I have come so far without having turned to faith, other than just simply faith in myself. If I can strike down the obstacles and naysayers in my own life without God, why should I surrender myself to God? The religious life is certainly not easy, especially for one such as myself who lack the experience in worship, things like praying and memorizing passages. I feel as if adopting a religion would add difficulty life, not take it away, especially with Islam in today's political climate. Also since I still doubt God will actually communicate to me, even if I did pray regularly. I guess I kinda just think of God as being very detached from the world and uninterested in a mere individual person such as myself, though perhaps concerned with humanity as a whole and the struggle for an egalitarian, just, and sustainable world, though that might just be my political convictions talking now. Whereas I'm very much the opposite these days, very much of the world in my aspirations in the here and now, desiring the knowledge and power to make a difference both to my personal life and to help make the world a better place.

I wish for your wisdom in addressing my doubt and appreciate attempts to help

Thank you all kindly,

-Kilij

Your mom prayed for you. Somewhere in all those prayers you were blessed. Not blessed with your hearts desire, but in the way, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Whether you followed it or not, you have to acknowledge your mother's faith. I don't imagine she had much encouragement. 

Running out and finding a religion may not be the best either. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these. things shall be added unto you." 

Why worship God? Don't. Why would you worship something you don't know? Read, study, pray, pray for wisdom in study. When the picture comes together you won't be asking anymore.

Thanks for the continued responses everyone!

22 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Your mom prayed for you. Somewhere in all those prayers you were blessed. Not blessed with your hearts desire, but in the way, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Whether you followed it or not, you have to acknowledge your mother's faith. I don't imagine she had much encouragement. 

Running out and finding a religion may not be the best either. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these. things shall be added unto you." 

Why worship God? Don't. Why would you worship something you don't know? Read, study, pray, pray for wisdom in study. When the picture comes together you won't be asking anymore.

Forgive me if the intro post was worded weirdly, but I really did mean it when I had no childhood religious background at all. Mother had absolutely no interest in raising me into a religion, she still doesn't seem to have any interest in religion and she surely had none around when I was born. No I really didn't even have a concept of religion was until I was around 13, autism may have played apart in that since 13 was more or less around when I was no longer blatantly autistic. I do remember having the bible read to me one time by a babysitter I had when I was even younger, but I just thought it was a normal book like any other(granted, a very interesting one) and I didn't even know the word "Holy". My first exposure to ANY form of spirituality was Roman Mythology because I really got into Roman history so I learned about their myths(and later had to read about them in Latin class of course), the deities of the Roman Pantheon were as annoying and brutal as having to translate Ovid, lol, I was much more phased by the Emperors. Really the only religion my mother seems to find interesting is Buddhism, no surprise there really, Buddhism is barely a religion(even less so in its orthodox(agnostic, anatma) form). She would probably find it just hilarious if I got baptized into Christianity and she hates Muslims so she probably wouldn't want to associate with me much should I revert to Islam, but her attitude towards whatever religion I choose is insignificant now since I am an independent adult now looking forward to a good career and future in Asia.

Do not worry, it has been eight months since I joined SC and made this thread, which soon after reading the replies here I told myself I would spend a year doing what you have said, reading and studying scripture(Bible and Quran) and here I still am after 8 months doing just that and posting here on SC when I have questions or concerns. I am becoming more and more knowledgeable on both Christianity and Islam and may very well be a practicing follower of one of the two some point in the next year, of course I'm not making a resolution or deadline on that, if it takes another year than so be it. I just don't want to be without a religion for too much longer if salvation is indeed dependent on being "officially" Christian or Muslim and not just a monotheist seeker.

Thanks for the encouragement though!

-Kilij

Son of Placid likes this

10 hours ago, Kilij said:

Forgive me if the intro post was worded weirdly,

I just don't want to be without a religion for too much longer if salvation is indeed dependent on being "officially" Christian or Muslim and not just a monotheist seeker.

Thanks for the encouragement though!

-Kilij

No forgiveness needed, it's just a sign I am still easily confused. One thing you may notice in your studies is that God is a personal God.

Bible and Quran span three established religions. If you have to choose, you have a 33% chance of getting it right. Once you figure out which of the three you want to follow, you have to look at the denominations, aka sects. Considering they all believe they are right and the other sects, (within the same religion) are wrong, your chances of getting it perfect drop dramatically. 

As a Monotheist seeker with no doctrinal background, you are probably in the best position to find what you are looking for, without the prejudice of some and the dogma of others. Cool beans.