mj1

A question for all the christians

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Dhulfikar said:

Your conclusion is opposite of what Qur'an and Sunnah state and refer.

In Islam "Worship" is different from Christianity.

I know. Many Muslims can not agre with something that means that the Quran is not perfect.

Dont know what yoy mean with worship being different in Islam, but it makes no difference. Christians have never worshipped Mary as a God. 

1 hour ago, andres said:

I know. Many Muslims can not agre with something that means that the Quran is not perfect.

Does it mean that, or does it just show that humans arent perfect? is this lack of agreement as significant to you when it comes to the Bible and Christian disagreement?

1 hour ago, andres said:

Christians have never worshipped Mary as a God. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collyridianism

1 hour ago, Ruq said:

Does it mean that, or does it just show that humans arent perfect? is this lack of agreement as significant to you when it comes to the Bible and Christian disagreement.

Humans are not perfect. I am certain we can agree that the Bible is not without errors. Meaning that it is a human product. When it comes to errors in the Quran, we differ. 

1 hour ago, Ruq said:

Interesting, a very small heretic sect (christian?) of which almost nothing is known. I can understand your enthusiasm. Still Christian belief is clear. The largest religion on the planet never worshiped Mary, and the Gospels are also clear on this. Muhammed had heard about Trinity. He opposed it, and I understand why. And he had to condemn it. Only he did not know precise who the three were. 

18 minutes ago, andres said:

Interesting, a very small heretic sect (christian?) of which almost nothing is known. I can understand your enthusiasm. Still Christian belief is clear. The largest religion on the planet never worshiped Mary, and the Gospels are also clear on this. Muhammed had heard about Trinity. He opposed it, and I understand why. And he had to condemn it. Only he did not know precise who the three were. 

andres, its already been established that the verses arent directed towards the official teachings of the church, theres no reason at all to assume that (unless assuming that is too useful for you to allow yourself to let it go). The Quran potentially addresses the Trinity in a different verse in a different chapter which directly addresses ahlul kitab (unlike 5:116). Youre making an issue where there isnt one.

46 minutes ago, Ruq said:

andres, its already been established that the verses arent directed towards the official teachings of the church, theres no reason at all to assume that (unless assuming that is too useful for you to allow yourself to let it go). The Quran potentially addresses the Trinity in a different verse in a different chapter which directly addresses ahlul kitab (unlike 5:116). Youre making an issue where there isnt one.

Of course Muslims have established this must be so. 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:17 AM, andres said:

I do understand the Islamic position. It goes: The Quran cant be wrong.

Well, this is absurd.  Of course devout Muslims believe the Quran can't be wrong, devout Christians believe the Bible can't be wrong.  The matter would rather be one of faith, that is, the faithful believe God Has Intended to reach mankind, Lend His Guidance to mankind, through the giving down of Scripture.  The issue more to the point is that reading the Quran and reading the Bible brings matters of divergence the one from the other.  That does not negate all faith.  Christian believers prefer to believe that on points of difference that the Bible is the Guide.  Muslims believe that on these points of difference that the Quran is the Guide. 

37 minutes ago, Ahmed Ismael said:

Well, this is absurd.  Of course devout Muslims believe the Quran can't be wrong, devout Christians believe the Bible can't be wrong.  The matter would rather be one of faith, that is, the faithful believe God Has Intended to reach mankind, Lend His Guidance to mankind, through the giving down of Scripture.  The issue more to the point is that reading the Quran and reading the Bible brings matters of divergence the one from the other.  That does not negate all faith.  Christian believers prefer to believe that on points of difference that the Bible is the Guide.  Muslims believe that on these points of difference that the Quran is the Guide. 

For Christians and Muslims that do not wish to see that their holy Books are human testimonies about God, and not books printed in heaven, the exchange of ideas can be difficult. 

On 4/25/2016 at 5:39 PM, Ruq said:

Why do you say it is speaking about Trinity when it only mentions Mary(as) and Jesus(as) in the verse? How do you know Mary was never worshipped like a deity? maybe the official doctrine of the church doesnt promote that, but it doesnt mean that there werent people doing that in 7th century Arabia. 

Almost a year later and a bit off topic, but this is something I wonder about often.

How many false teachings about Christians came out in 7th century Arabia? 7th century Arabic Christians could have been totally whacked, but have created a Christian stereo-type that Muslims adhere to and Christians have yet to understand. They could have corrupted every book they had, and caused every confusion to be had. 

I guess the question would be "Has this Arabic Christian religion evolved to engulf the entire christian earth, or did it follow the dodo bird? It's obvious this Arabic christianity didn't make it back to the world stage, and if so, everything having to do with corrupted scriptures could be totally irrelevant.