Al-Hassan

Virtues of Ahlulbayt in Sunni Hadith literature

Rate this topic

Bismillah,

This thread aims to quote from the Sunni Hadith corpus reports which mention certain pro-Imami virtues of the Ahlulbayt (as), that are either not known by the average layperson from our Sunni brethren or oftentimes unjustly rejected by others among them. 

For the purpose of clarity and to avoid any corruption of the Arabic text in the future, I have attached below a link to a PDF file that contains every report quoted in this thread along with it's original Arabic text and grading. The PDF will be regularly updated when more reports are posted in the future.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_uWIbX3okKyZTBqUkdzbzVfZ3M&usp=sharing

We start with the following:

Narrated ‘Abdullah, he said: Narrated to me my father from Muhammad b. Ja’far from Shu’bah b. Abi Ishaq from ‘Abdulrahman b. Yazeed from ‘Ilqimah from ‘Abdillah, he said: We used to say that the best of the people of al-Madinah was ‘Ali b. Abi Taleb (as). [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, page 604, Hadeeth 1033]

Grading: Isnad Saheeh (Authentic chain)

Narrated ‘Abdullah, he said: Narrated my father from Yahya b. Abi Bakeer and Ibn Adam from Isra’il from Abi Ishaq from Habshi b. Janadah, he said: Ibn Adam al-Salooli who witnessed the farewell pilgrimage said: The Messenger of Allah(saw) said: ‘Ali is from me and I am from ‘Ali, and no one is allowed to carry out orders related to the religion on my behalf except me or ‘Ali”. Ibn Adam said: “No one is allowed to act on my behalf except me or ‘Ali”. [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, page 594, Hadeeth 1010]

Narrated to us ‘Abdullah, he said: Narrated to me my father from Wakee’ from Shareek from ‘Assim from Abi Razeen, he said: After the passing away of ‘Ali b. Abi Taleb (as), a sermon was given to us by al-Hassan b. ‘Ali (as) where he was wearing a black turban, he said: “Verily a man left you who no one from the first surpassed him in knowledge and neither will those who will come after surpass him”. [Fadhai’l al-Sahaba, page 600, Hadeeth 1026]

Grading: Isnad Hasan (Good chain)

Narrated 'Abdullah, he said: Narrated Abi Aswad b. 'Amir from Shareek from al-Qasim from Hasaan from Zayd b. Thabet, he said: The Messenger of Allah(saw) said: I am leaving among you Khalifatayyn (two successors): The book of Allah 'Azawajjal; a rope stretching between the heavens and the earth, and the progeny of my Ahlulbayt (as). Verily they will never separate from each other until they return to me at the Lake-fount. [Fadha'il al-Sahaba by Ahmad b. Hanbal, Volume 1, pg. 603, Hadeeth 1032]

Grading: Isnad Hasan (Good Chain)

Narrated ‘Abdullah, he said: Narrated my father from ‘Abd ar-Razaq from Ja’far b. Sulayman from Yazid al-Rishk from Mutraf Ibn ‘Abdillah from ‘Imran b. Hussayn, he said: One day the Messenger of Allah (saw) sent out a convoy and appointed ‘Ali b. Abi Taleb (as) to be in charge of it.  Then ‘Ali did something during the trip which made four people from the companions of Muhammad wanting to inform Allah’s Messenger of what he did. ‘Imran said: As we were coming back from the trip, we started by greeting the Messenger of Allah and sending our peace to him. He said: Then they entered upon him, and a man among the four stood up and said: “O Allah’s Messenger. Verily ‘Ali did so-and-so, so expose him”. Then the second person stood up and said: “O Allah’s Messenger, verily ‘Ali did so-and-so, so expose him”. Then the third person stood up and said: “O Allah’s Messenger, verily ‘Ali did so-and-so, so expose him”. Then the fourth person stood up and said: “O Allah’s Messenger, verily ‘Ali did so-and-so…”, then Allah’s Messenger approached the fourth person and his face was changed, he said: “Don’t quarrel with ‘Ali, don’t quarrel with ‘Ali! Verily ‘Ali is from me and I from ‘Ali. And he is the master of every believer after me”. [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, page 605, Hadeeth 1035]

Narrated Ibrahim from Hajjaj from Hammad from ‘Ali b. Zayd from ‘Uday from Thabet from al-Bara’, he said: We accompanied the Prophet (saw) on the farewell pilgrimage until we reached Ghadeer Khum and after called to establish the congregation prayers. Then the Prophet (saw) went to stand up between two trees, where he then grabbed the hands of ‘Ali b. Abi Taleb (as) and said: “Do I not have more right over the believers than their own selves?”. They answered: Indeed, O Allah’s Messenger. He said: “This man is the Mawla (master) to whomever I am his Mawla. O Allah, befriend those who befriend him and oppose those who oppose him”. Then ‘Umar b. al-Khattab met with ‘Ali after and said to him: Congratulations, O son of Abi Taleb! You have now become the Mawla of every Mu’min and Mu’minah. [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, page 610, Hadeeth 1042]

Narrated ‘Abdullah from ‘Ali b. Muslim from ‘UbaydAllah b. Musa from Muhammad b. ‘Ali al-Salmi from ‘Abdullah b. Muhammad b. ‘Aqeel from Jaber b. ‘Abdullah(ra), he said: We did not know of any hypocrites from the Ansar except of those among them who had hatred towards ‘Ali (as). [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, page 639, Hadeeth 1086]

Narrated ‘Abdullah from ‘Uthman b. Abi Shaybah from Sufyan from Yahya b. Sa’id from Sa’id, he said: There was no one from the companions of the Prophet(saw) who used to say: “Ask me...”, except ‘Ali b. Abi Taleb (as). [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, page 646, Hadeeth 1098]

Note: The Hadith of Amir al-Mu’mineen(as) and his famous saying of; “Ask me before you lose me..” is famous in the Imami Hadith literature. In addition to the above report in Fadha’il al-Sahaba, another Sunni report recorded by al-Dhahabi in his Seyar ‘Alam al Nubala states that Imam al-Sadiq(as) also used to call out to the people around the same way as Amir al-Mu'mineen (as):

وعن عمرو بن أبي المقدام  قال : كنت إذا نظرت إلى  جعفر بن محمد  علمت أنه من سلالة النبيين . قد رأيته واقفا عند الجمرة يقول : سلوني ، سلوني 

.وعن صالح بن أبي الأسود ،  سمعت  جعفر بن محمد  يقول : سلوني قبل أن تفقدوني ، فإنه لا يحدثكم أحد بعدي بمثل حديثي

From ‘Amro b. Abi al-Muqdam, he said: Whenever I used to look at Ja’far b. Muhammad (as), I always knew that he was from the descendants of the Prophets (as). One day I saw him standing by al-Jamrah calling: “Ask me, Ask me…”. And from Saleh b. Abi al-Aswad, he said: I once heard Ja’far b. Muhammad (as) say: “Ask me before you lose me. For verily no one after me will speak to you similarly to my speech”. [Seyar ‘Alam al-Nubala’ by al-Dhahabi, page 255, section Ja’far b. Muhammad]

Narrated ‘Abdullah, he said: Narrated to me Nasr b. al-Jahdhamy from ‘Ali b. Ja’far, he said: Narrated to me my brother Musa b. Ja’far (as) from his father Ja’far b. Muhammad (as) from his father ‘Ali b. al-Hussain (as) from his father (as) from his grandfather (as) who said that one day the Messenger of Allah (saw) took the hands of al-Hassan (as), al-Hussain (as) and said: Whoever loves me, loves those two and loves their father and mother, then he will be with me and next to my rank on the day of resurrection. [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, page 693-694, Hadeeth 1185]

Grading: Hasan-Ghar’ib (Good but strange), according to at-Tirmidhi.

Note: Tirmidthi and other Sunni Hadith clerics did not authenticate this report by grading it as ‘Saheeh’, mainly due to one of the narrators in the chain being ‘Ali b. Ja’far - a son of Imam al-Sadiq and the brother of al-Khadhim, peace be upon them, whom they consider as a Majhul narrator (unknown). The editor of this book said the following on the chain of this report: “In it’s chain is ‘Ali b. Ja’far b. Muhammad b. al-Sadiq. No one mentioned any Jarh (criticism) or Ta’deel (praise) of him, while the rest of the narrators are Thiqah (trustworthy)”.

From an Imami perspective, ‘Ali b. Jafar (ra) is a reliable and trustworthy narrator and also a loyal companion of al-Khadhim (as) and al-Sadiq (as).

Muhammad b. al-Muthana: Narrated to us Yahya bin Hammad, he said: Narrated to us Abu 'Awanah from Sulayman b. Mihran, he said: Narrated to us Hubayb bin Abi Thabet from Abi Tufayl (ra) from Zayd bin Arqam (ra), he said: When the Messenger of Allah (saw) returned from the farewell pilgrimage and stopped at Ghadeer Khum, he said: "It's as if I have received a call and I answered it - and that I am leaving among you two weighty things with one being greater than the other - the book of Allah and the progeny of my Ahlulbayt (as), so look at how they will be left with you after me. Verily they will not separate from each other until they reach me at the Lake-fount". Then he said: "Verily Allah is my Mawla (master), and I am the Mawla of every believer". Then he grabbed the hands of 'Ali and said: "So whomsoever I am his Mawla then 'Ali is his Mawla. O Allah, support those who support him and oppose those who oppose him". Then I asked Zayd: Did you hear it from Allah's messenger? He answered: There was no one there who did not see and hear it with their eyes and ears.  [Khasa'is Amir al-Mu'mineen, al-Nasa'i, page 96]

Grading: Saheeh (Authentic)

Muhammad b. Wahab: Narrated to us Miskeen, he said: Narrated to us Shu’bah from Abi Bilj from ‘Amri b. Maymoon from Ibn ‘Abbas, he said: The Messenger of Allah ordered for all the doors of his Masjid to be closed, except the door of ‘Ali. [Khasa'is Amir al-Mu'mineen, al-Nasa'i, pages 63-64]

Muhammad b. al-Muthana: Narrated to us Yahya b. Hammad: Narrated to us al-Wadhah: Narrated to us Yahya: Narrated to us ‘Amri b. Maymoon from Ibn ‘Abbass, he said: The doors of the Masjid [al-Nabawi] were all closed, except the door of ‘Ali. And the entrance of the Masjid was on it’s side, and his door was the only door to the Masjid where there was no path to enter the Masjid except through his door. [Khasa'is Amir al-Mu'mineen, al-Nasa'i, page 64]

InshaAllah more will be added in the future. 

Wsalam

Edited by Abu Tufayl

Can we post more well-known hadith?

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 57, Number 96 :

Narrated by Ibn Abi Nu'm

A person asked 'Abdullah bin 'Umar whether a Muslim could kill flies. I heard him saying (in reply). "The people of Iraq are asking about the killing of flies while they themselves murdered the son of the daughter of Allah's Apostle . The Prophet said, They (i.e. Hasan and Husain) are my two sweet basils in this world."

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 57, Number 52 :

Narrated by Salama

Ali happened to stay behind the Prophet and (did not join him) during the battle of Khaibar for he was having eye trouble. Then he said, "How could I remain behind Allah's Apostle?" So 'Ali set out following the Prophet , When it was the eve of the day in the morning of which Allah helped (the Muslims) to conquer it, Allah's Apostle said, "I will give the flag (to a man), or tomorrow a man whom Allah and His Apostle love will take the flag," or said, "A man who loves Allah and His Apostle; and Allah will grant victory under his leadership." Suddenly came 'Ali whom we did not expect. The people said, "This is 'Ali." Allah's Apostle gave him the flag and Allah granted victory under his leadership.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 57, Number 56 :

Narrated by Ubaida

Narrated Sad that the Prophet said to 'Ali, "Will you not be pleased from this that you are to me like Aaron was to Moses?"

Sahih Muslim, Book 01, Number 141 :

Zirr reported:

'Ali observed: By Him Who split up the seed and created something living, the Apostle (may peace and blessings be upon him) gave me a promise that no one but a believer would love me, and none but a hypocrite would nurse grudge against me.

Sunan Tirmidhi, Volume 01, Book 46, Number 3717 :

Narrated Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri:

"We, the people of the Ansar, used to recognize the hypocrites, by their hatred for 'Ali bin Abi Talib."

Sunan Tirmidhi, Volume 01, Book 46, Number 3771 :

Narrated Salma:

"I entered upon Umm Salamah while she was crying, so I said: 'What causes you to cry?' She said: 'I saw the Messenger of Allah - that is, in a dream - and there was was dirt on his head and his beard. so I said: "What is wrong with you, O Messenger of Allah?" He said: 'I just witnessed the killing of Al-Husain.'"

Sunan Tirmidhi, Volume 01, Book 46, Number 3721 :

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

"There was a bird (as food) with the Prophet, so he said: 'O Allah, send to me the most beloved of Your creatures to eat this bird with me.' So 'Ali came and ate with him."

Graded Hasan by Darussalam

Sunan Tirmidhi, Volume 01, Book 46, Number 3725 :

Narrated Al-Bara:

"The Prophet dispatched two armies and put 'Ali bin Abi Talib in charge of one of them, and Khalid bin Al-Walid in charge of the other. He said: "When there is fighting, then (the leader is) 'Ali." He said: "So 'Ali conquered a fortress and took a slave girl. So Khalid sent me with a letter to the Prophet complaining about him. So I came to the Prophet and he read the letter and his color changed, then he said: 'What is your view concerning one who loves Allah and His Messenger, and Allah and His Messenger love him.'" He said: "I said: 'I seek refuge in Allah from the wrath of Allah and the anger of His Messenger, and I am but a Messenger.' So he became silent."

Sunan Tirmidhi, Volume 01, Book 46, Number 3726 :

Narrated Jabir:

"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) called 'Ali on the Day (of the battle) of At-Ta'if, and spoke privately with him, so the people said: 'His private conversation with his cousin has grown lengthy.' So the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'I did not speak privately with him, rather Allah spoke privately with him.'"

Sahih Bukhari (5:2317:5928) and Sahih Muslim (4:1905:2450) 

Masruq narrates from the Mother of the Believers Ayeshah that the Holy Prophet said, “Fatimah, are you not happy that you are the leader of the women of all the believers or the leader of the women of this ummah.”

Sahih Muslim (4:1883:2424)

Safiyyah the daughter of Shaybah narrates that Ayeshah said, “The Holy Prophet came out one morning wearing a cloak which had camel saddles woven on to it with black wool. Then Hasan bin Ali came and the Holy Prophet took him under the cloak, then Husain came and entered beneath it with the Holy Prophet. Then Fatimah came and the Holy Prophet took her under the cloak. Next Ali came and the Holy Prophet also included him beneath it. Then the Holy Prophet Muhammad recited the verse, ‘Allah only desires to keep away (all kinds of) impurity from you, O ‘people of the house!’ (the Prophet’s family) and to totally purify you,’ (al-Ahzab 33:33).”

Sunan Tirmidhi, Volume 01, Book 46, Number 3713 :

Narrated Abu Sarihah, or Zaid bin Arqam - Shu'bah had doubt:

from the Prophet: "For whomever I am his Mawla then 'Ali is his Mawla."

Graded Sahih by Darussalam

Sunan Ibn Majah, Volume 01, Book 1, Number 118 :

It was narrated that Ibn 'Umar said:

"The Messenger of Allah said: 'Hasan and Husain will be the leaders of the youth of Paradise, and their father is better than them."

Graded Hasan by Darussalam

Merits of Imam Ali ☘☘

Muslim narrates from Sa’d b. Abi Waqqas that he was asked by Mu’awiyah why he refused to verbally abuse Ali. Sa’d replied:

"I remember three sayings of the Prophet about Ali which caused me not to say anything bad about him. If I possessed even one of these qualities it would be better for me than red camels.

1. The first was that when the Prophet wanted to go to the war of Tabuk, he left Ali in Medina. Ali was very sad at not having the good fortune to join the army and fight for the sake of God. He went to the Prophet, saying: ‘Do you leave me with the children and women?’ The Prophet replied: ‘Are you not happy to be to me, as Aaron was to Moses, except that there will be no prophet after me?’

2. Second I heard from the Prophet on the day of conquest of Khaybar: ‘Certainly I will give the flag [of Islam] to a man that loves God and His Messenger and is loved by God and His Messenger’. We hoped to be given the flag, but the Prophet said: ‘Call Ali for me!’ Ali came while suffering from pain in his eyes. The Prophet gave him the flag and at his hands God granted us victory.

3. Third when the verse of Mubahalah was revealed the Prophet called Ali, Fatimah, Hasan and Husayn and said: ‘My Lord! These are my household".

[Sahih by Muslim, Vol.4, p.1871, no.2408. (Kitab Fada’il al- Sahabah, Sakhr serial No. 4420)]
--------------------
http://www.welayatnet.com/en/news/81761
--------------------
@calloftruth

Muhammad b. al-Muthana narrated from Muhammad b. Ja’far from Shu’bah from ‘Amro b. Marrah from Abi Hamza from Zayd b. Arqam (ra), he said: The first person to embrace Islam with the Messenger of Allah (saw) was ‘Ali b. Abi Taleb (as). [Khasa’is Amir al-Mu’mineen, al-Nasa’i, page 22, Hadeeth 3]

Muhammed b. al-Muthana narrated from ‘Abdulrahman from Shu’bah from ‘Amro b. Murrah from Abi Hamza from Zayd b. Arqam (ra), he said: The first person to pray next to the Messenger of Allah (saw) was ‘Ali (as). [Khasa’is Amir al-Mu’mineen, al-Nasa’i, page 21, Hadeeth 2]

Narrated Zakariyia b. Yahya from Ibn ‘Umar and Abu Marwan from ‘Abd al-‘Aziz from Yazid b. ‘Abdullah from Muhammad b. Nafe’ from his father from ‘Ali (as), he said: The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, “As for you O ‘Ali, you are my closest friend and trustee”. [Khasa’is Amir al-Mu’mineen, al-Nasa’i, page 90, Hadeeth 73]

‘Abdah b. ‘Abd al-Rahman from ‘Amro b. Muhammad from Yunes b. Abi Ishaq from al-‘Izar b. Hurayth from al-Nu’man b. Basheer, he said: One day Abu Bakr excused himself from the Prophet (saw) to leave him until he heard ‘Aisha saying in a loud voice; “By Allah, I have learned that ‘Ali (as) is more beloved to you than my father!”. Abu Bakr then came to hit her and said, “O daughter of so-and-so! I see that you raise your voice towards the Messenger of Allah?!”. Then the Prophet (saw) grabbed him and Abu Bakr left while furious. Then the Messenger of Allah (saw) said: “O ‘Aisha! Have you seen how I saved you from the man?”. Then Abu Bakr excused himself and the Messenger of Allah (saw) made peace between Abu Bakr and ‘Aisha. [Khasa’is Amir al-Mu’mineen, al-Nasa’i, page 126, Hadeeth 110]

Al-Hussain b. Hurayth from al-Mufadhal b. Musa from al-Hussain b. Waqed from ‘Abdullah b. Buraydah from his father, he said: Abu Bakr and ‘Umar proposed to Fatima (as) for marriage and the Messenger of Allah (saw) said, “She is young”. Then ‘Ali (as) proposed to her and the Prophet (saw) married him to her. [Khasa’is Amir al-Mu’mineen, al-Nasa’i, page 136, Hadeeth 123]

Ishaq b. Ibrahim and Muhammad b. Qudameh from Jurayr from al-A’mash from Isma’il from Rajaa’ from his father from Abi Sa’ed al-Khudri (ra), he said: One day we were sitting to wait for the Messenger of Allah (saw) to come out and when he came out to us, his sandal was ripped as he was walking. Then he threw the sandal to ‘Ali (as) to fix it and then said: “Verily there will be one among you who will fight for the Ta’weel (exegesis) of the Qur’an just as to how I fought for it’s Tanzeel (revelation)”. Abu Bakr said: “Is it me?”. The Prophet (saw) answered: “No”. ‘Umar said: “Is it me?”. The Prophet (saw) answered: “No. But rather, it is the one with the sandal”. [Khasa’is Amir al-Mu’mineen, al-Nasa’i, page 166, Hadeeth 156]

‘Abdullah narrated from Abi ‘Abd al-Rahman b. Mahdi from Hamad b. Salamah from ‘Ammar, he said: I heard Om Salamah (ra) say: “I once heard the Jinn cry for al-Hussain (as)”.  And she said: “I heard the Jinn mourn for al-Hussain (as)”. [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, Ahmed b. Hanbal, page 776, Hadeeth 1373]

'Abdullah narrated from his father and Waqee’ from ‘Abdullah b. Sa’id from his father from ‘Aisha or Om Salamah (ra): The Prophet (saw) said: One day an Angel entered the house that has never entered before and he said to me, “Verily your son  here al-Hussain (as) will be killed, and If you wish, I will bring you the piece of the earth that he will die on”.  So he brought me a piece of earth that was red in color. [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, Ahmed b. Hanbal, page 770, Hadeeth 1357]

Narrated ‘Abdullah from ‘Abd al-Rahman from Hamad b. Salamah from Ibn Abi ‘Ammar from Ibn ‘Abbas (ra), he said: I once saw the Prophet (saw) in a dream and his hair was dusty and rough. He was holding a vial that was filled with blood and was picking drops from it. I asked him, “O Allah’s Messenger, what is this?”. He answered, “The blood of al-Hussain (as) and his companions (as)”. From that day, I began to wait for it. ‘Ammar narrated: “We then remembered this event until we saw him get killed on that day, peace be upon him”. [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, Ahmed b. Hanbal, page 778, Hadeeth 1380]

Narrated Ibrahim b. ‘Abdullah from Hajjaj from Hamad from Aban from Shahr b. Hosheb from Om Salamah (ra), she said: One day Jibra’il (as) was with the Prophet (saw) while al-Hussain (as) was with me until he began to cry, so I left him and he went to the Prophet (saw). Then Jibra’il said to the Prophet (saw), “Do you love him, O Muhammad?”. The Prophet answered, “Yes”. Jibra’il said, “Verily your Ummah (nation) will kill him and if you wish, I will show you a piece of the earth that he will be killed on”. Then he showed him this piece of earth which was called Karbala. [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, Ahmed b. Hanbal, page 782, Hadeeth 1391]

Narrated ‘Abdullah from his father from Muhammad b. Ja’far from Shu’bah from Salamah b. Kuhayl from Muhammad b. ‘Abd al-Rahman from ‘Abdulrahman from Yazid from al-Ashtar (ra), he said: One day a dispute occurred between ‘Ammar b. Yasir (ra) and Khalid b. al-Waleed which made ‘Ammar complain to the Messenger of Allah (saw). Then the Messenger of Allah (saw) said: “Verily whoever opposes ‘Ammar, ‘Allah (swt) opposes him, and whoever hates ‘Ammar, Allah (swt) hates him, and whoever insults him, Allah (swt) insults him”. [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, Ahmed b. Hanbal, page 860, Hadeeth 1604]

Grading: Mursal Isnad Saheeh (Mursal with authentic chain)

Edited by Al-Hassan

@Al-Hassan @sunnilove2hussain

As a Sunni, i loved many narrations quoted in this topic and in the OP as well. However, the first things that i noticed was that many narrations while indicating "Grading" only grades the narrators and not the narration itself and that is why "Isnad Saheeh" is there.

Now that is something a bit tricky.

Like we have in the second narration 'Saheeh Isnad' but the narration is graded as 'Daeef' and why is that?

The narrator in the said hadith is "Isra'il" i.e. Ismael bin Khalifa, a well known shia.

As per Ahlus Sunnah science of hadith, anyone who belongs to a minority group (like shia or khawarij) and narrates a tradition which favors his beliefs then the matn or the tradition cannot be taken as true on his authority alone.

So any Shia (may he be otherwise reliable) when will show hatred toward any prominent sahabi (like Israil hated uthman [ra]) or he narrates something that talks in favor of his own beliefs then his statement in such case cannot be taken as authentic on his authority alone.

And that is the reason why many narrations above only mention Isnad Saheeh and not Hadith Saheeh!!

10 hours ago, aansoogas said:

As a Sunni, i loved many narrations quoted in this topic and in the OP as well. However, the first things that i noticed was that many narrations while indicating "Grading" only grades the narrators and not the narration itself and that is why "Isnad Saheeh" is there.

Now that is something a bit tricky.

Like we have in the second narration 'Saheeh Isnad' but the narration is graded as 'Daeef' and why is that?

The narrator in the said hadith is "Isra'il" i.e. Ismael bin Khalifa, a well known shia.

As per Ahlus Sunnah science of hadith, anyone who belongs to a minority group (like shia or khawarij) and narrates a tradition which favors his beliefs then the matn or the tradition cannot be taken as true on his authority alone.

So any Shia (may he be otherwise reliable) when will show hatred toward any prominent sahabi (like Israil hated uthman [ra]) or he narrates something that talks in favor of his own beliefs then his statement in such case cannot be taken as authentic on his authority alone.

And that is the reason why many narrations above only mention Isnad Saheeh and not Hadith Saheeh!!

Wouldn't the narrator be in the sanad? How does having an unacceptable narrator not make a hadith isnad dhai'if?

The only thing that could make a isnad saheeh hadith dhai'if otherwise, per your sect or others, would be the person grading the hadith having a problem with the matn- in other words, the hadith is saheeh in every way but someone doesn't like what is actually being said.

Which is predictable, given the subject matter.

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

4 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Wouldn't the narrator be in the sanadHow does having an unacceptable narrator not make a hadith isnad dhai'if?

Yes, having an unacceptable narrator definitely renders a sanad Daeef however even if the sanad contains trustworthy narrators, a narration could still be considered daeef etc.There are a few examples:

a). A narrator although trustworthy (and no matter sunni) does Tadlees... i.e. he reports from his teacher's teacher directly without saying that he himself heard from the shaykh or he removes the former narrator. Since, his learning of hadith from his teacher's teacher is not proven therefore his tradition would be deemed weak! Like Sufiyan Thawri is otherwise Thiqa himself but when he did tadlees (which he normally did) his narrations fell into the category of Daeef.

b). A narrator although trustworthy, in later part of his life suffered from weak memory, so the narrations of that era would be deemed weak

c). A narrator although trustworthy, states something that is khabar wahid and also seems to contradict a narration from a more reliable narrator than his his narration would be deemed weak.

(BTW Isra'il is a reliable narrator but as i said that when he, as a Shii, will narrate something which favors his beliefs then such narration would not get the status of authentic as per the laid down rules... and the same is expected from Shia ilm al hadith that if in a shia book a narraton goes in favor of Ahlus Sunnah and narrated by a Sunni then Shias won't take that on his authority alone. Even Shias, those Ghaali won't get the acceptability bcos of their beliefs)

4 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

The only thing that could make a isnad saheeh hadith dhai'if otherwise, per your sect or others, would be the person grading the hadith having a problem with the matn- in other words, the hadith is saheeh in every way but someone doesn't like what is actually being said.

Which is predictable, given the subject matter.

it is possible... but that is not all.

Edited by aansoogas

16 hours ago, aansoogas said:

a). A narrator although trustworthy (and no matter sunni) does Tadlees... i.e. he reports from his teacher's teacher directly without saying that he himself heard from the shaykh or he removes the former narrator. Since, his learning of hadith from his teacher's teacher is not proven therefore his tradition would be deemed weak! Like Sufiyan Thawri is otherwise Thiqa himself but when he did tadlees (which he normally did) his narrations fell into the category of Daeef.

b). A narrator although trustworthy, in later part of his life suffered from weak memory, so the narrations of that era would be deemed weak

c). A narrator although trustworthy, states something that is khabar wahid and also seems to contradict a narration from a more reliable narrator than his his narration would be deemed weak.

All those cases would result in the hadith being graded isnad dhai'if not isnad saheeh.

The point still stands that if there was even a single narrator who's word on the matter couldn't be accepted, the hadith would be called isnad dhai'if. The fact that these ahadith are granted the status of isnad saheeh shows that their sanad is completely acceptable as per the standards of Sunnis, and the word of the narrators can be accepted.

The discourse you have presented on the method of judging the sanad is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

All those cases would result in the hadith being graded isnad dhai'if not isnad saheeh.

The point still stands that if there was even a single narrator who's word on the matter couldn't be accepted, the hadith would be called isnad dhai'if. The fact that these ahadith are granted the status of isnad saheeh shows that their sanad is completely acceptable as per the standards of Sunnis, and the word of the narrators can be accepted.

The discourse you have presented on the method of judging the sanad is irrelevant.

Not really, the Isnad would remain reliable but due to certain "illah" in matn or Tareek, the narration would not be considered reliable.

For example: Sufyan Thawri is a reliable narrator as he is deemed truthful and religiously upright person... (a). so his narrations would be deemed authentic (b.) however whenever he will do 'Tadlees' then his tradition would be deemed weak.

The sanad in both the two narrations (a) (b) are the same and thus there cannot be a change in the grading of Isnad because it does not show any difference, however the difference comes there in the Matn or Tareeq.

That is why these aspects are dealt individually. I hope it should be more clear to you now.

On 5/24/2016 at 10:33 PM, aansoogas said:

Narrated ‘Abdullah, he said: Narrated my father from Yahya b. Abi Bakeer and Ibn Adam from Isra’il from Abi Ishaq from Habshi b. Janadah, he said: Ibn Adam al-Salooli who witnessed the farewell pilgrimage said: The Messenger of Allah(saw) said: ‘Ali is from me and I am from ‘Ali, and no one is allowed to carry out orders related to the religion on my behalf except me or ‘Ali”. Ibn Adam said: “No one is allowed to act on my behalf except me or ‘Ali”. [Fadha’il al-Sahaba, page 594, Hadeeth 1010] Grading: Isnad Saheeh (Authentic chain)

That’s incorrect. You’re confusing Ismael b. Khalifa, a narrator with leanings towards Shia’ism and weakened by most Sunni clerics, with Isra’il b. Yunes b. Abi Ishaq who is a Sunni narrator recognized by the majority of Sunni Hadith clerics, the grandson of Abu Ishaq (also a narrator in that report) and the actual “Isra’il” in that chain. The Ismael b. Khalifa that you mentioned did not narrate from Abi Ishaq. Also, examine what Dhahabi in Seyar A’lam al-Nubala’ mentions in the biographies of both Abu Ishaq and his grandson Isra’il and make note of the part which states that Isra’il narrated from his grandfather (who is Abu Ishaq).

Tarjamah of Isra’il b. Yunes (the actual Isra’il in the chain who transmits from Abu Ishaq):

سرائيل ( ع ) إسرائيل بن يونس بن أبي إسحاق ، عمرو بن عبد الله ، الحافظ ، الإمام الحجة أبو يوسف الهمداني السبيعي الكوفي . أكثر عن جده ، وروى أيضا عن : زياد بن علاقة ، وآدم بن علي ، وآدم بن سليمان أبي يحيى ، وإسماعيل السدي ، وعاصم ابن بهدلة ، وعبد الكريم الجزري ، وإبراهيم بن عبد الأعلى ، وعبد الأعلى بن عامر الثعلبي ، وأشعث بن أبي الشعثاء ، وثوير بن أبي فاختة ، وسعد أبي مجاهد الطائي ، وسعيد بن مسروق ، وسماك بن حرب ، وعامر بن شقيق بن جمرة الأسدي ، وعبد العزيز بن رفيع ، وعثمان بن عاصم ، ومخارق الأحمسي ، ومنصور بن المعتمر ، وخلق كثير . [ ص: 356 ] وكان من أوعية الحديث ، ومن مشايخ الإسلام كأبيه وجده وأخيه عيسى . حدث عنه : أخوه ، وحجاج الأعور ، وأحمد بن خالد الوهبي ، وآدم بن أبي إياس ، وعبد الرزاق ، ومحمد بن سابق ، وشبابة ، وإسحاق بن منصور السلولي ، وأحمد بن يونس ، وحسين بن محمد المروذي ، وعبد الله بن رجاء ، وأبو نعيم ، ومحمد بن كثير العبدي ، وأبو غسان النهدي ، ومحمد بن يوسف الفريابي ، وأبو سلمة التبوذكي ، ويحيى بن أبي بكير ، ووكيع ، ويحيى بن آدم ، وعلي بن الجعد ، ومعاوية بن عمرو الأزدي ، وأبو الوليد الطيالسي ، وخلق كثير . روى هارون بن حاتم ، عن دبيس بن حميد ، أن مولد إسرائيل سنة مائة . روى عبد الرحمن بن مهدي ، عن عيسى بن يونس قال : قال لي إسرائيل : كنت أحفظ حديث أبي إسحاق ، كما أحفظ السورة من القرآن . ابن المديني : عن يحيى بن سعيد ، قال : إسرائيل فوق أبي بكر بن عياش . وروى حرب الكرماني ، عن أحمد ، قال : كان ثقة . وجعل يعجب من حفظه . وأما صالح بن أحمد ، فروى عن أبيه ، قال : إسرائيل عن أبي إسحاق فيه لين ، سمع منه بأخرة . وقال أبو طالب : سئل أحمد : أيما أثبت : شريك أو إسرائيل ؟ قال : إسرائيل كان يؤدي ما سمع ، كان أثبت من شريك . قلت : من أحب إليك يونس أو إسرائيل ابنه في أبي إسحاق ؟ قال : إسرائيل : لأنه صاحب كتاب . وقال الفضل بن زياد : قلت لأبي عبد الله : من أحب إليك يونس أو إسرائيل في أبي إسحاق ؟ قال : يونس . [ ص: 357 ] وقال أبو داود : قلت لأحمد بن حنبل إسرائيل إذا انفرد بحديث ، يحتج به ؟ قال : إسرائيل ثبت الحديث ، كان يحيى يحمل عليه في حال أبي يحيى القتات . قال : روى عنه مناكير . ثم قال أحمد : ما حدث عنه يحيى بن سعيد بشيء . قال أحمد : وإسرائيل إذا حدث من كتابه لا يغادر ، ويحفظ من كتابه . وفي رواية عن أحمد ، قال : شريك أضبط من إسرائيل في أبي إسحاق . وروى عباس ، عن يحيى بن معين ، قال : كان القطان لا يحدث عن إسرائيل ، ولا عن شريك . وقال ابن معين : قال يحيى بن آدم : كنا نكتب عند إسرائيل من حفظه . قال يحيى : كان إسرائيل لا يحفظ ، ثم حفظ بعد -يعني أنه درس كتابه- وقال يحيى : إسرائيل أثبت في أبي إسحاق من شيبان . وروى أحمد بن زهير وغيره ، عن يحيى بن معين : ثقة . وقال العجلي : ثقة . وقال أبو حاتم الرازي : ثقة صدوق ، من أتقن أصحاب أبي إسحاق . وقال يعقوب بن شيبة : صدوق ، وليس بالقوي ، وقال مرة : في حديثه لين . http://library.islamweb.net/newlibrary/display_book.php?ID=1247&bk_no=60&flag=1

Furthermore, here is the Tarjama of the weakened Isra’il Isma’il b. Khalifa that you mentioned, in Tahdheeb a-Tahdeeb. Notice that Ibn Hajr makes no mention of any Abu Ishaq that this Isra’il narrates from:

تهذيب التهذيب ج1/ص256 إسماعيل بن خليفة العبسي أبو إسرائيل بن أبي إسحاق الملائي الكوفي وقيل اسمه عبد العزيز روى عن الحكم بن عتيبة وفضيل بن عمر والفقيمي وإسماعيل السدي وعطية العوفي وأبي عمر البهراني وغيرهم وعنه الثوري وهو من أقرانه وأبو أحمد الزبيري ووكيع وأبو نعيم وإسماعيل بن صبيح اليشكري وأبو الوليد الطيالسي وغيرهم قال الأثرم عن أحمد يكتب حديثه وقد روى حديثا منكرا في القتيل وقال أحمد أيضا خالف الناس في أحاديث وقال إسحاق بن منصور عن بن معين صالح الحديث وقال في رواية معاوية بن صالح ضعيف وقال في موضع آخر أصحاب الحديث لا يكتبون حديثه وقال بن المثنى ما سمعت عبد الرحمن حدث عنه شيئا قط وقال عمرو بن علي ليس من أهل الكذب قال وسألت عبد الرحمن عن حديثه فأبى وقال كان يشتم عثمان وقال البخاري تركه بن مهدي وقال أيضا يضعفه أبو الوليد وقال أبو زرعة صدوق الا أن في رأيه غلوا وقال أبو حاتم حسن الحديث جيد اللقاء وله أغاليط لا يحتج بحديثه ويكتب حديثه وهو سيء الحفظ وقال بن المبارك لقد من الله على المسلمين بسوء حفظ أبي إسرائيل وقال الجوزجاني مفتر زائغ وقال النسائي ليس بثقة وقال مرة ضعيف وقال العقيلي في حديثه وهم واضطراب وله مع ذلك مذهب سوء وقال بن عدي عامة ما يرويه يخالف الثقات وهو في جملة من يكتب حديثه قال مطين مات سنة 169 قلت وقال الترمذي ليس بالقوي عند أصحاب الحديث وقال بن سعد يقولون أنه صدوق وقال حسين الجعفي كان طويل اللحية أحمق وقال أبو داود لم يكن يكذب حديثه ليس من حديث الشيعة وليس فيه نكارة وقال أبو أحمد الحاكم متروك الحديث وقال بن حبان في الضعفاء ولد بعد الجماجم بسنة وكانت الجماجم سنة 83 ومات وقد قارب الثمانين روى عنه أهل العراق وكان رافضيا شتاما وهو مع ذلك منكر الحديث حمل عليه أبو الوليد الطيالسي حملا شديدا وقال العقيلي حديث وجد قتيل بين قريتين ليس له أصل وما جاء به غيره

Like we have in the second narration 'Saheeh Isnad' but the narration is graded as 'Daeef' and why is that

Where has it been graded as Dha’if? Here is entire screen shot of what the editor of Fadha’il stated for the grading of that report:

isnad saheeh

The editor said: “(1010) – It’s chain is Saheeh (Isnaadaho Saheeh). And Isra’il heard from Abi Ishaq before Abi Ishaq got mixed up (due to old age). It is in al-Musnaad and al-Nasa’I included it in al-Kubra, just as in Tuhfat al-Ashraf, from the route of Yahya b. Adam. And at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa’I in Khasa’is and Ibn Majah, all of them reported it from the route of Abi Ishaq.” [Fadha’il, page 594]

Anyway, there is another route of that same report that goes through narrators other than Isra’il, all of them being Sunnis: 

[ ح ] وأخبرنا يحيى بن أبي منصور ، وجماعة إجازة ، قالوا : أخبرنا أبو الفتوح محمد بن علي بن الجلاجلي ، قالا : أخبرنا أبو القاسم هبة الله بن الحسين الحاسب ، قال : أخبرنا أبو الحسين أحمد بن محمد بن [ ص: 232 ] النقور ، قال : حدثنا عيسى بن علي بن الجراح إملاء سنة تسع وثمانين وثلاث مائة ، قال : حدثنا أبو القاسم عبد الله بن محمد ، قال : حدثنا سويد بن سعيد ، قال : حدثنا شريك ، عن أبي إسحاق ، عن حبشي بن جنادة ، قال : سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول : " علي مني وأنا من علي ، لا يؤدي عني إلا أنا أو هو " رواه ابن ماجه عن سويد ، ورواه الترمذي ، عن إسماعيل بن موسى ، عن شريك ، وقال : صحيح غريب . ورواه يحيى بن آدم ، عن إسرائيل ، عن جده ، أخرجه النسائي في الخصائص

Dhahabi: Narrated to us Yahya b. Abi Mansoor and a group who have Ijazah (the authority to transmit Ahadeeth), they said: Narrated to us Abu al-Fatooh Muhammad b. ‘Ali b. al-Jalajli (Sunni, died 612 AH), he said: Narrated to me Abu al-Qasim HubatAllah b. al-Hussain al-Haseb (Sunni, died 558 AH), he said: Narrated to me Abu al-Hussain Ahmed b. al-Nuqawar (Sunni, died 470 AH), he said: Narrated to me ‘Isa b. ‘Ali b. al-Jarah (Sunni, died 391 AH) in the year 389 AH, he said: Narrated to me Abu al-Qassem ‘AbdAllah b. Muhammad (Sunni, died 317 AH), he said: Narrated to me Suweed b. Sa’id (Sunni, died 240 AH), he said: Narrated to me Shareek (famous 2nd generation Sunni Tabi’i) from Abi Ishaq (famous 1st generation Sunni Tabi’i) from Habshi b. Janadah (late Sahabi), he said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say, “ ‘Ali (as) is from me and I am from ‘Ali and no one is allowed to act on my behalf except me or him”.

Dhahabi comments: Ibn Majah narrated it from Suweed and at-Tirmidhi narrated it from Isma’il b. Musa through Shareek and he said, “Saheeh Ghareeb (Authentic but strange)”. Yahya b. Adam narrated it from Isra’il via his grandfather and al-Nasa’I included it in al-Khasa'is.

There are no Shi’as in that report. As stated earlier, the actual Isra’il in that chain is the grandson of Abu Ishaq and both of them are Sunni. The only narrator that would perhaps closely fit to what you say is Ja’far b. Sulayman (who is deemed as truthful by most Sunnis anyway), as his Tashayy’ even though was lean, it was known for his favoring of ‘Ali over the first two and also despising the Ummayads and Mua’wiyia. Still, he was lenient in his Tashay’ compared to a typical Imami Shi’i and if you read his Tarjama from Seyar, you will notice how Dhahabi mentions how Ibn Sulayman cursed a man because he asked him if he despised Abu Bakr and ‘Umar. From an Imami viewpoint, he’s just as “Shi’a” as Adnan Ibrahim, Ahmed al-Kubaysi or the likes of them that live in our age who favor ‘Ali over the first two but refuse to recognize that he and the rest of the Imams are divinely appointed Hujjaj of Allah and at the same time admire the first two.

As for the rest of the reports, by scanning their chains, I would say that almost all of the narrators are Sunni. Perhaps not all of them meet the standards of Bukhari and Muslim in terms of having a sound memory or being precise in their transmission (hence their reports being generally graded as Isnaad Saheeh/ Isnaad Hasan), but these two factors should be irrelevant to the fact that these Sunni narrators reporting these pro-Shi’a reports through non-Shi’a routes act as external evidence from a historical viewpoint to confirm that these reports are not only unique to the Shi’I circles, but rather are famous to the extent that they are corroborated by outside circles that have gained access to them, even though they no affiliation with Shia’ism. Taking into consideration the number of independent routes (by independent I mean that the narrators in these chains did not meet each other and all held different beliefs, such as with the case with most of the reports posted in this thread) that a particular report goes through and using that as the general principle to establish it's soundness is ideally how any historical report is objectively scrutinized. 

The Prophet Muhammad (s) said,

"Surely, `Ali is from me and I am from him, and he is the Master of every believer after me."

إن عليا مني وأنا منه وهو ولي كل مؤمن بعدي

"To whomever I am his Master, `Ali is his Master."

من كنت مولاه فعلي مولاه

"May Allah have mercy upon `Ali: O Allah, place the truth with him wherever he turns."

رحم الله عليا اللهم أدر الحق معه حيث دار

"You are from me and I am from you."

أنت مني وأنا منك

"No hypocrite will love `Ali, and no believer will hate him."

لا يحب عليا منافق ولا يبغضه مؤمن

"Surely, Allah ordered me to love four, and He informed me that He loves them. `Ali is among them" - he said that three times - "and Abu Dharr, and al-Miqdad, and Salman. He ordered me to love them, and He informed me that He loves them."

إن الله أمرني بحب أربعة وأخبرني أنه يحبهم قيل يا رسول الله سمهم لنا قال علي منهم يقول ذلك ثلاثا وأبو ذر والمقداد وسلمان أمرني بحبهم وأخبرني أنه يحبهم

"`Ali is from me, and I am from `Ali, and no one can represent me except for myself or `Ali."

علي مني وأنا من علي ولا يؤدي عني إلا أنا أو علي

"You are my brother in this world and the Hereafter."

أنت أخي في الدنيا والآخرة

A cooked bird was with the Prophet (s), so he said, "O Allah, bring the most beloved of Your creation to You to eat this bird with me." So `Ali came and ate with him.

كان عند النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم طير فقال اللهم ائتني بأحب خلقك إليك يأكل معي هذا الطير فجاء علي فأكل معه

`Ali said, "Whenever I asked the Messenger of Allah (s), he would give me [the answer], and whenever I was silent, he would initiate [discussion] with me."

قال علي كنت إذا سألت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أعطاني وإذا سكت ابتدأني

"I am the Abode of Wisdom, and `Ali is its door."

أنا دار الحكمة وعلي بابها

`Ali said to him, "O Messenger of Allah, you are leaving me with the women and the children." So the Messenger of Allah (s) said, "Are you not pleased that you are to me as Aaron was to Moses, except that there is no prophethood after me?"

سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول لعلي وخلفه في بعض مغازيه فقال له علي يا رسول الله تخلفني مع النساء والصبيان فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أما ترضى أن تكون مني بمنزلة هارون من موسى إلا أنه لا نبوة بعدي

And I heard him say on the day of Khaybar, "I will give this flag to a man who loves Allah and His Messenger, and Allah and His Messenger love him". So we waited for that, then he said, "Call `Ali for me." He said: So he came to him, and he had an eye infection, so he (s) applied saliva in his eye and gave the flag to him, then Allah granted him victory.

لأعطين الراية رجلا يحب الله ورسوله ويحبه الله ورسوله قال فتطاولنا لها فقال ادعوا لي عليا
فأتاه وبه رمد فبصق في عينه فدفع الراية إليه ففتح الله عليه

And when this verse, "Let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women ..." (3:61) was revealed, the Messenger of Allah (s)
`Ali said to him, "O Messenger of Allah, you are leaving me with the women and the children." So the Messenger of Allah (s) called for `Ali, Fatima, Hasan, and Husayn, and said, "O Allah, this is my Family."

وأنزلت هذه الآية ندع أبناءنا وأبناءكم ونساءنا ونساءكم
دعا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم عليا وفاطمة وحسنا وحسينا فقال اللهم هؤلاء أهلي

The Messenger of Allah (s) called for `Ali on the day [of the Battle] of Ta'if, and he whispered to him. So the people said, "His whisper to his cousin has lengthened." So the Messenger of Allah (s) said, "I did not whisper to him, rather, Allah whispered to him."

دعا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم عليا يوم الطائف فانتجاه فقال الناس لقد طال نجواه مع ابن عمه فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ما انتجيته ولكن الله انتجاه

The Messenger of Allah (s) took the hand of Hasan and Husayn and said, "Whoever loves me and loves these two and their father and their mother will be with me in my rank on the Day of Resurrection."

أن رسول الله [ ص: 600 ] صلى الله عليه وسلم أخذ بيد حسن وحسين فقال من أحبني وأحب هذين وأباهما وأمهما كان معي في درجتي يوم القيامة

(Tirmidhi, Chapters on al-Manaqib, Chapters 19 and 20)

Salamun alaykum.

1719 حدثنا عبد اللَّهِ حدثني أبي ثنا وَكِيعٌ عن شَرِيكٍ عن أبي إِسْحَاقَ عن هُبَيْرَةَ خَطَبَنَا الْحَسَنُ بن عَلِيٍّ رضي الله عنه فقال لقد فارقكم رَجُلٌ بِالأَمْسِ لم يَسْبِقْهُ الأَوَّلُونَ بِعَلْمٍ وَلاَ يُدْرِكُهُ الآخِرُونَ كان رسول اللَّهِ صلي الله عليه وسلم يَبْعَثُهُ بِالرَّايَةِ جِبْرِيلُ عن يَمِينِهِ وَمِيكَائِيلُ عن شِمَالِهِ لاَ يَنْصَرِفُ حتي يُفْتَحَ له .

مسند أحمد بن حنبل ج 2 ص 344

image_user_vasaeq_khaibar_3.jpg

From Ibrahim al-Tamimi, he said: When the pledge of allegiance was given to Abu Bakr, Salman said: You have erred and fallen into chaos. Had you allowed [this affair] to be handled by the Ahlulbayt of your Prophet (saw) instead, you would have eaten it better. [al-Mussanaf, Ibn Abi Shaybah, Kitab al-Maghazi, page 460, Hadeeth 562]

Grading: Connected chain with trustworthy men

Abu Muhammad b. Muhammad al-Shaybani from ‘Ali b. Sa’id b. Bashir al-Razi in Egypt from al-Hassan b. Hammad al-Hadhrami from Yahya b. Ya’la from Bassam al-Sayrafi from al-Hassan b. ‘Amro al-Faqeme from Mu’awiyia b. Tha’labah from Abi Dhar (ra), he said: The Messenger of Allah (swt) said, “He who obeys me has obeyed Allah ‘Azawajjal and he who disobeys me has disobeyed Allah. And he who obeys ‘Ali then he has obeyed me and he who disobeys ‘Ali has disobeyed me.” [al-Mustadrak ‘Ala al-Sahihayn, al-Hakim al-Nisaburi, volume 3, page 131, Hadeeth 4617]

Grading: al-Hakim said, “This Hadeeth’s chain is Saheeh (authentic) and they (Bukhari and Muslim) did not include it. Al-Dhahabi adds in at-Talkhees by saying, “Saheeh (Authentic)”.

Abu Hafs ‘Umar b. Ahmed al-Jamhi narrated in Mecca from ‘Ali b. ‘Abd al-‘Aziz from ‘Amro b. ‘Own from Hashem from Isma’il from Abi Idrees al-Awadi from ‘Ali (as), he said: Verily among the things that the Messenger of Allah (saw) has promised to occur to me is this Ummah (nation) drifting away from me after his departure. [al-Mustadrak ‘Ala al-Sahihayn, al-Hakim al-Nisaburi, volume 3, page 150, Hadeeth 4676]

Grading: Al-Hakim said, “This Hadeeth’s chain is Saheeh (authentic) and they (Bukhari and Muslim) did not include it. Al-Dhahabi adds in at-Talkhees by saying, “Saheeh (Authentic)”.

Abu Bakr Muhammad b. al-Hussain b. Musleh from Muhammad b. Ayyoub from Yahya b. al- Mugheerah al-Sa’di from Jurayr b. ‘Abd al-Hameed from al-Hassan b. ‘Abd Allah al-Nakha’I from Muslim b. Subayh from Zayd b. Arqam (ra), he said: The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: Verily I am leaving among you two weighty things – the Book of Allah and my Ahlulbayt and they will never separate from each other until they reach me at the Lake-Fount. [al-Mustadrak ‘Ala al-Sahihayn, al-Hakim al-Nisaburi, volume 3, page 160-161, Hadeeth 4711]

Grading: Al-Hakim said, “This Hadeeth’s chain is Saheeh (authentic)  based on the criteria of the Shaykhayn (Bukhari and Muslim) and they did not include it. Al-Dhahabi adds in at-Talkhees by saying, “Based on the criteria of Bukhari and Muslim”.

Abu Ja’far Ahmed b. ‘Ubayd b. Ibrahim from Ibrahim b. al-Hussain b. Deyzel from Isma’il b. Abi Uways from his father from Humayd b. Qays al-Makki from ‘Ata’ b. Abi Rabah and others from the companions of Ibn ‘Abbas, from Ibn ‘Abbas (ra), he said: The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: O people of ‘Abd al-Muttalib. Verily I asked Allah ‘Azawajjal on your behalf for three things: To keep the your rightly guided firmly upon the right path, to guide those among you that are misguided and to educate those among you that are ignorant. And I also asked Allah to allow you to be munificent, courageous and merciful. But if a man among you who prayed and fasted until he meets Allah while he holds hatred towards the Ahlulbayt of Muhammad, he will surely enter the hellfire. [al-Mustadrak ‘Ala al-Sahihayn, al-Hakim al- Nisaburi, volume 3, page 161, Hadeeth 4712]

Grading: Al-Hakim said, “This Hadeeth is Hasan-Saheeh (Good-Authentic) based on the criteria of Muslim and he did not include it. Al-Dhahabi adds in at-Talkhees by saying, “Based on the criteria of Muslim”.

Abu al-‘Abbas Muhammad b. Ya’qoob from al-‘Abbas b. Muhammad al-Duri from Shadhan al- Aswad b. ‘Amir from Ja’far b. Ziyad al-Ahmar from ‘Abdillah b. ‘Ata’ from ‘Abdillah b. Buraydah from his father Buraydah, he said: The most beloved person to the Messenger of Allah from the women was Fatima and from the men, ‘Ali. [al-Mustadrak ‘Ala al-Sahihayn, al- Hakim al-Nisaburi, volume 3, page 168, Hadeeth 4735]

Grading: Al-Hakim said, “This Hadeeth’s chain is Saheeh (authentic) and they (Bukhari and Muslim) did not include it. Al-Dhahabi adds in at-Talkhees by saying, “Saheeh (Authentic)”.

Abu Sa’id ‘Amri b. Muhammad b. Mansoor al-‘Adl from al-Siri b. Khuzaymah from ‘Uthman b. Sa’id al-Mari from ‘Ali b. Saleh from ‘Asem from Zar from ‘Abdillah from the Prophet (saw), he said: Al-Hassan and Al-Hussain are the masters of the youth of paradise and their father is better than them. [al-Mustadrak ‘Ala al-Sahihayn, al-Hakim al-Nisaburi, volume 3, page 182, Hadeeth 4779]

Grading: Al-Hakim said, “This Hadeeth’s chain is authentic with this addition and they (Bukhari and Muslim) did not include it. Al-Dhahabi adds in at-Talkhees by saying, “Saheeh (Authentic)”.

From Sa’id al-Maqbari, he said: One day we were in the company of Abu Hurayra when al- Hassan b. ‘Ali b. Abi Taleb came to us and sent us his Salam and then we returned it to him. Abu Hurayra was not aware of his arrival and so we told him, “O Abu Hurayra! This is al- Hassan b. ‘Ali, verily he sent us his Salam so return it him”. Abu Hurayra said, “And peace be upon you, my master”. Then he said: I once heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say, “Verily he is a master (Sayed)”. [al-Mustadrak ‘Ala al-Sahihayn, al-Hakim al-Nisaburi, volume 3, page 185, Hadeeth 4792]

From ‘Abdillah b. Muhammad b. ‘Uqayl (ra), he said: I was once with Jabber (ra) at his house and accompanying us were ‘Ali b. a-Hussain (as), Muhammad b. al-Hanafiya (ra) and Abu Ja’far al-Baqir (as). Then a man from the people of Iraq entered and said, “I order you by Allah to inform me of what you heard and saw from the Messenger of Allah (saw)”. Jabber said: We were at the Juhfah in Ghadeer and there were a lot of people. When the Messenger of Allah (saw) came out, he waved with his hand thrice and then took the hands of ‘Ali (as) and said, “Whomever I am his Mawla (master), then ‘Ali is his Mawla”. [Seyar ‘Alam al-Nubala’ by al-Dhahabi, section 'Abdillah b. Muhammad b. 'Uqayl]  

Grading: Dhahabi said, “This Hadeeth is Hasan (Good) at the highest level

Narrated by Al-Aswad In the presence of ‘Aisha some people mentioned that the Prophet had appointed ‘Ali by will as his successor. ‘Aisha said, “When did he appoint him by will? Verily when he died he was resting against my chest (or said: in my lap) and he asked for a wash- basin and then collapsed while in that state, and I could not even perceive that he had died, so when did he appoint him by will?”. [Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 51, Number 4]

Narrated ‘UbaydAllah b. Ghanam from Abu Bakr b. Abi Shaybah. And from al-Hussain b. Ishaq al-Tastari from ‘Uthman b. Abi Shaybah from Shareek from Hansh b. al-Harith from Rayah b. al-Harith, he said: One day we were sitting with ‘Ali in the court yard of the Masjid when a man that had signs of traveling on him came and said, “Peace be upon you, my master (Mawlie).” A group of people said, “Who is this?”. Some one said, “Abu Ayyoub al-Ansari”. Abu Ayyoub al-Ansari (ra) then said: I once heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say, “whomever I am his Mawla (master), then ‘Ali is his master. O Allah, support those who support him and oppose those who oppose him.” [al-Mu’jam al-Kabeer, al-Tabarani, volume 4, Hadeeth 4052, pages 173-174]

Grading: The editor comments that this Hadeeth is in Musnad Ahmed and the chain of Ahmed has trustworthy narrators.

The same report in the same book with two different chains transmitted from Shareek until Rayah b. al-Harith: Narrated Muhammad b. ‘Abdillah al-Hadhrami from ‘Ali b.Hakeem al- Awadi from Shareek from Hansh b. al-Harith from al-Hassan b. al-Hakam b. Rayah b. al- Hareth...

And narrated al-Hussain b. Ishaq from Yahya al-Hamani from Shareek from al-Hassan b. al- Hakam from Rayah b. Harith al-Nakha’i, he said: One day we were sitting with ‘Ali when a group of riders from the Ansar that wore turbans came to us. They then said: Peace be upon you, our master (Mawlana). ‘Ali (as) answered them: I am your master (mawlakom) and you are people among the Arabs. They said: Indeed. We heard the Prophet (saw) say, “Whoever I am his master (Mawla), then ‘Ali is his master. O Allah, support those who support him and oppose those who oppose him”. And this man right here is Abu Ayyoub among us [bearing witness].” Then Abu Ayyoub uncovered his face and said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say, “Whoever I am his master, then ‘Ali is his master. O Allah, support those who support him and oppose those who oppose him”.

It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir b. Samura who said: I joined the company of the Prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) with my father and I heard him say: This Caliphate will not end until there have been twelve Caliphs among them. The narrator said: Then he (the Prophet) said something that I could not follow. I said to my father: What did he say? He said: He has said: All of them will be from the Quraish. [Sahih Muslim, Hadith 4478]

It has been narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: The Caliphate will remain among the Quraish even if only two persons are left (on the earth). [Sahih Muslim, Hadith, 4477]

It has been reported on the authority of Jabir b. Samura who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) say: The affairs of the people will continue to be conducted as long as they are governed by twelve men. Then the Prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said words which were obscure to me. I asked my father: What did the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) say? He said: All of the (twelve men) will be from the Quraish. [Sahih Muslim, Hadith 4479]

It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir b. Samura who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) say: Islam will continue to be triumphant until there have been twelve Caliphs. Then the Prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said something which I could not understand. I asked my father: What did he say? He said: He has said that all of them (twelve Caliphs) will be from the Quraish. [Sahih Muslim, Hadith, 4481]

It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir b. Samura that the Prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: This order will continue to be dominant until there have been twelve Caliphs. The narrator says: Then he said something which I could not understand, and I said to my father: What did he say? My father told me that he said that all of them (Caliphs) would be from the Quraish. [Sahih Muslim, Hadith 4482]

It has been reported on the authority of Jabir b. Samura who said: I went with my father to the Messenger of Allaah (may peeace be upon him) and I heard him say: This religion would continue to remain powerful and dominant until there have been twelve Caliphs. Then he added something which I couldn't catch on account of the noise of the people. I asked my father: What did he say? My father said: He has said that all of them will be from the Quraish. [Sahih Muslim, Hadith 4483]

There are some books which written by Sunni scholars who openly mention the virtues and privileges of Ahlulbayt. for example The book "Kawkab Durri" or "Manaqi Murtazawi" was authored by Sayyid Saleh Tirmidhi Kashfi. He is a follower of Sunni school of jurisprudence and theology but he is a lover of the Ahlul-Bayt.

Manaqib Murtazawi whose other name is "Kawkab Durri fi Fadhail Ali Karramallah Wajhoh" is a book on the merits and virtues of the Commander of the Faithful, Ali (A.S). The text of this book includes literary, religious and mystical contents. Despite the author being a Sunni, his extreme tendency towards the Ahlul-Bayt and his close ties with Shia have caused him to write a book not so different from the works authored by Shia scholars.

The author of this book reports narrations from sources such as the six main Sunni books, Mustadrak of Hākim-e Neishaburi, 'Uyoon Akhbar al-Redha and Kashf al-Ghummah.  In his Ithbat al-Hodat bin-Nosus wa al-Mu'jizat, Sheikh Hurr Amili has reported narrations from Manaqib Murtazawi.

From Abu Bakr, from Wakee’ from al-A’mash from Sahl b. al-Aswad from Bakeer al-Jizry from Anas b. Malik, he said: One day the Messenger of Allah (saw) came to us while we were at a house of an Ansari and he held the hand of the door and said, “The Imams (al-A’immah) are from Quraysh”. [Kitab al-Sunnah, Ibn Abi ‘Assem, page 531] Grading: Saheeh (Authentic)

Narrated Muhammad b. ‘Awf from Abu Saleh from Mu’awiyia b. Saleh from Abi Mas’ood, he said: And upon you is my Sunnah (teachings) and the Sunnah of the rightly guided Caliphs, bite upon it with your jaws. [Kitab al-Sunnah, Ibn Abi ‘Assem, page 30]

From Abi Thabet, the servant of Abi Dhar, he said: I was with ‘Ali (as) during the battle of Jamal and when I saw ‘Aisha standing, a feeling entered inside me that has not entered other people and then I felt as if Allah has taken it away from me after I prayed Dhur where it then made me fight along with Amir al-Mu’mineen. When the battle was over, I traveled to al-Madina and stopped by Om Salamah. I said to here, “By Allah, I am not here to acquire food and beverages but I am the servant of Abu Dhar”. She said: Welcome. Then I told her my story and she said: Where were you when the hearts flew away? I said to here: During that day when the sun …(..?). She said: Good on you. I once heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say, “ ’Ali is with the Quran and the Quran is with ‘Ali. They will never separate until they reach me at the lake-fount”. [al-Mustadrak ‘Ala al-Sahihayn, al-Hakim al-Nisaburi, Volume 3, page 134, Hadeeth 4628]

Grading: al-Hakim said, “This Hadeeth’s chain is Saheeh (authentic) and they (Bukhari and Muslim) did not include it. Al-Dhahabi adds in at-Talkhees by saying, “Saheeh (Authentic)”.

Muhammad b. al-Muthana from Yahya b. Hamad from Abi ‘Awannah from Yahya b. Saleem Abi Balj from ‘Amro b.Maymoon from Ibn ‘Abbas, he said: The Messenger of Allah (saw) said to ‘Ali, “You are to me as Harun was to Musa except that you are not a prophet and that you are my successor over the believers after me. [Kitab al-Sunnah, Ibn Abi ‘Assem, page 565]

Narrated Abu al-Nadhr Muhammad b. Yusef from ‘Uthman b. Sa’id from al-Nafayli from Zuhayr from Abu Ishaq. And through a different chain: ‘Uthman narrated from ‘Ali b. Hakim and ‘Amro b. ‘Own al-Wasity from Shareek from Abi Ishaq, he said: I asked Quthm b. al-‘Abbas on how ‘Ali inherited from the Messenger of Allah while others did not. He said: Because he was the first among us to follow the Prophet and the strongest to stick to him. [al-Mustadrak ‘Ala al-Sahihayn, al-Hakim al-Nisaburi, volume 3, page 138, Hadeeth 4633]

Grading: Al-Hakim said, “This Hadeeth’s chain is authentic and they (Bukhari and Muslim) did not include it. Al-Dhahabi adds in at-Talkhees by saying, “Saheeh (Authentic)”.

Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas (ra), he said, the Messenger of Allah (saw) said: The best of the women of paradise are Khadija b. Khuwayld, Fatima b. Muhammad, Maryam b. ‘Imran and Asia b. Mazahem; the wife of Pharaoh. [Tadheeb al-Khasa’is, Jalaladin al-Sayooti, page 445]  

Grading: Isnad Saheeh (Authentic Chain)

Narrated Huthayfa: One day I went to the Prophet (saw) and prayed Maghrib with him and then prayed ‘Isha. Then as I followed him as he was exiting, he said, “An Angel was brought to me to bring me peace and glad tidings, and to inform me that al-Hassan and al-Hussain are the masters of the youth of paradise and that Fatima is the mistress of paradise”. [Tadheeb al-Khasa’is, Jalaladin al-Sayooti, page 444]

Narrated to us Wakee’ from Shareek from Abi Ishaq from Abu Hurayra, he said: One day, a sermon was given to us by al-Hassan b. ‘Ali and he said, “Verily a man has left you yesterday who none from the past surpassed him in knowledge and neither will those who come after him surpass him. The Messenger of Allah (saw) used to send him during a battle with his banner while Jibrael was on his right side and Mikeal on his left side, and he did not return until he became victorious. [Musanad Ahmed b. Hanbal, Volume 19, page 246]

Grading: Hasan (Good)

Abu Bakr b. Abi Shaybah: Narrated to us Muhammad b. Bashir, from 'UbaydAllah b. 'Umar, narrated to us Zayd b. Aslam from his father Aslam (servant of 'Umar b. al-Khattab), he said: When the pledge of allegiance was given to Abu Bakr after the demise of Allah's messenger, 'Ali and Zubayr used to arrange meetings at Fatima's house and they used to secretly discuss with her until they leave and go back to their ordinary daily tasks. When 'Umar b. al-Khattab was informed of this, he left to Fatima and said to her, "O daughter or Allah's messenger. There is no one more beloved to me than your father and no one more beloved to me after him than you. But by Allah, if these people arranged in your house again, I swear that I will order for the house to be burned on them!". Aslam said: When 'Umar left, they came to her and she said to them, "Did you know that 'Umar came to me today and he sworn by Allah that if you returned to host those meetings, he will burn the house upon you?". So she told them not to host another meeting and they did not return until they gave the pledge of allegiance to Abu Bakr. [Musanaf Ibn Abi Shaybah: Kitab al-Maghazi, page 426]

Grading: Connected chain with trustworthy men

Narrated Abu Bakr b. Ishaq from Muhammad b. ‘Isa from Shihab b. ‘Abad from Muhammad b. Bashar from al-Hassan b. Hay from Abi Rabi’ah from al-Hassan from Anas, he said: The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, “Paradise desired three men: ‘Ali, ‘Ammar and Salman”. [al-Mustadrak ‘Ala al-Sahihayn, al-Hakim al-Nisaburi, volume 3, page 148, Hadeeth 4666]

Grading: Al-Hakim said, “This Hadeeth’s chain is authentic and they (Bukhari and Muslim) did not include it. Al-Dhahabi adds in at-Talkhees by saying, “Saheeh (Authentic)”.

Narrated Ibn ‘Uyanah from al-Zuhri, he said: I have not seen a Quray[Edited Out]e better than ‘Ali b. al-Hussain. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section ‘Ali b. al-Hussain Zayn al-‘Abdeen]

Narrated ‘Abd al-Rahman b. Zayd b. Aslam from his father, he said: I have not seen anyone from them like ‘Ali b. al-Hussain. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section ‘Ali b. al-Hussain Zayn al-‘Abdeen]

Narrated Abu Bakr b. al-Barqi: The descendants of al-Hussain are all through his son ‘Ali al-Asghar and he was the best of the people of his time. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section ‘Ali b. al-Hussain Zayn al-‘Abdeen]

And it is reported that a man said to Ibn al-Musayab: I have not seen anyone better than so-and-so. Ibn al-Musayab said: Have you seen ‘Ali b. al-Hussain? The man said: No. Ibn al-Musayab said to the man: Then you have not seen anyone better than him. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section ‘Ali b. al-Hussain Zayn al-‘Abdeen]

Yunes b. Bakir from Muhammad b. Ishaq: At one time, there were people from al-Madinah who used to struggle to live and not know how they can sustain themselves. Then when ‘Ali b. al-Hussain died, they lost this source of sustenance that used to come to them during the night. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section ‘Ali b. al-Hussain Zayn al-‘Abdeen]

Narrated from Abi Bakr b. Abi Shaybah, he said: The most authentic chain of narrators from all the chains is: Al-Zuhri from ‘Ali b. al-Hussain from his father from ‘Ali b. Abi Taleb. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section ‘Ali b. al-Hussain Zayn al-‘Abdeen]

Al-Dhahabi said on Imam al-Baqir (as): And he was an individual who acquired everything from knowledge, righteousness, trustworthiness and was qualified for the Caliphate. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section Muhammad b. ‘Ali al-Baqir]

Suweed b. Sa’eed from Mu’awiyia b. ‘Ammar from Ja’far b. Muhammad, he said: Whoever asks Allah (swt) to send His blessings upon Muhammad (saw) and his Ahlulbayt (as) 100 times, then Allah will grant him what he asked for. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section Ja’far b. Muhammad al-Sadiq]

Dhahabi said: As for his son, Ja’far al-Sadiq, he holds a noble position, a scholar from the scholars of the Muslims. He had more rights over the Caliphate than Abu Ja’far al-Mansoor. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section al-Muntadhar]

Abu Hatim said: I heard Abu Zar’a asking about which chain of narrators is the most authentic between “Ja’far b. Muhammad from his father”, or “Suhuel from al-Baqir”, or “the scholars from al-Baqir”. Abu Hatim said: Ja’far should not be compared to any of those. And he also said: No one should question if there is anyone like Ja’far. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section Ja’far b. Muhammad al-Sadiq]

Al-Khatib al-Baghdady said: Narrated to us Abu al-‘Ala’ al-Wasity from ‘Umar b. Shaheen from al-Hussain b. al-Qasim from Ahmed b. Wahab from ‘Abd al-Rahman b. Saleh al-Azdi, he said: Harun al-Rasheed at one time traveled to perform Hajj while Musa b. Ja’far was accompanying him and when he approached the grave of Allah’s Messenger (saw), he said, “Peace be upon you O Messenger of Allah, O cousin”, and he said it in a manner to show off in front of those around him. Then Musa (as) came and said, “Peace be upon you, O father”. Then Harun’s face changed and he said, “Verily this is the true pride, O Aba al-Hassan”. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section Musa b. Ja’far al-Kadhim]

Al-Shafi’I (d. 204 AH) said: As for the grave of Musa al-Khadhim, the Du’a is answered there. [Tuhfat al-‘Alim, al-Shafi’i]

Narrated Abu Muhammad Hassan al-Istirbadhi from Ahmed b. Ja’far b. Hamdan from Al-Hassan b. Ibraheem, he said: Whenever I am concerned about an issue, I go to the grave of Musa al-Kadhim and make Tawassul via him. After that, Allah allows the issue to be easy for me. [Tarikh Baghdad, al-Khatib al-Baghdadi]

Dhahabi said: ‘Ali al-Redha: The Imam, the master – Abu al-Hassan al-‘Alawi, ‘Ali al-Redha b. Musa al-Kadhim b. Ja’far al-Sadiq b. Muhammad al-Baqir b. ‘Ali b. al-Hussain, the Hashimite, the Allawite. He held a position in the knowledge of the religion where it was said that he issued verdicts in his early youth. And he held a noble rank and was qualified for the Caliphate. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi]

Ahmed b. Hanbal commented on the chain that started from Imam ‘Ali b. Musa al-Redha from his father Musa al-Khadim from his father Ja’far al-Sadiq from his father Muhammad al-Baqir from his father ‘Ali Zayn al-‘Abideen from his father al-Hussain b. ‘Ali from his father ‘Ali b. Abi Taleb from the Prophet, he said: If you read this chain to a mentally ill person, the mental illness will leave him. [al-Saw’iq al-Muharaqa, Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, section 2, page 595]

Narrated Ahmed b. Khaled al-Dhuhli al-Amir, he said: I once prayed behind ‘Ali b. Musa al-Redha in Nisapur and he recited the “Bismillah” loudly in every Surah. [Seyar A’lam al-Nubala, al-Dhahabi, section ‘Ali b. Musa al-Redha]

Al-Fakhr al-Razi said in his Tafsir of Surat al-Kawthar: The third saying on the meaning of al-Kawther is the descendants of the Prophet. And the meaning of it is that Allah will give him offspring that will remain until the last hour. Look at how many from the Ahlulbayt have been killed, yet the world is filled with them and at the same, look at how no none from Banu Ummayah remains in this Dunya. Also, look at how among his Ahlulbayt there were as major scholars, such as al-Baqir, al-Sadiq, al-Kadhim and al-Redha. [Tafsir al-Razi]

Abu al-Fada (d. 648 AH) in his Tarikh said: And in this year, 254 AH, ‘Ali al-Hadi passed away and he is an Imam from the twelve Imams belonging to the Imammiyia. He is ‘Ali the son of Muhammad al-Jawad, who was mentioned earlier to have passed away in the year 220 AH. And as for ‘Ali, a notice was sent to al-Mutawakel informing him that he is hiding weapons and books., so al-Mutawakel sent a group of men and they raided his house during the night by surprise. When they arrived, they found him in a closed house while he was facing the Qibla, reciting the Ayat from the Quran and there was nothing between him and the earth except for sand and rocks. [Tarikh Abu al-Fuda, page 190]

On 09/09/2016 at 5:43 PM, Abu_Rumaysah said:

There is a good book on Merits of people of cloak from Sunni references, that been completed by one student.

fadhail_ali_ali-12 - Copy.doc

This research by this "student" was done by a salafi called efendi. This nasabi is known for his lies and devious propaganda on his anti shia blog.I have proof of this. Even this article above is carefully selected and cherry picked quotes that suit is aqeeda.