Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Although your query is ambiguous somehow, there are points I'd like to draw your attention to:  

- Being the majority is not a sign of correctness in the viewpoint of the holy Quran.

More info:

 

- As for obligatory prayers, it is necessary to recite the obligatory acts (e. g. the Surah Al-Hamd) in Arabic.

Edited by John Algar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                                                         :bismillah:

                                                         :salam: 

 

It dates back to the ignorance and the fear of people, why were the people of Kufa against imam Hussain (as)? Their hearts were with him (as) but their swords were against him (as). As brother John said, the number of people doesn't prove anything and less wrong or less right. Umayyadis and Abbasids always censored the imams (as) because they knew that the right would prevail if people would have known the truth, thus to this day due to their ancestors people follow what they've been born with without much research into other schools..

Why would you want to pray in farsi? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arad1013 said:

Hi everybody I wonder why there are more sunnis than shias in the world. And can somebody teach me to pray on farsi. Peace be upon you all.

sunnis are more than shias because islam was spread all over the world by sunni. outside arabia islam was spread because of the jihad of umayyad, abbasid and ottoman rulers.

Edited by Follower of Truth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bismillah.

Salaam.

There are various reasons for that I try to mention some briefly:

1.    Financial factor: Sunnis have more financial resources and supported by rich Arab countries.

2.    Political factor: many western countries put forth many limitations for Shia communities and centers while Sunnis ones function freely.

3.    Propaganda against Shia Islam.

4.    Etc.

With Duas.

Narsis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salam,

during the ottomans periods, there were sunni marja's (ahmad bin hanbal is one of them) studying on the hands of imam jaafar al sadiq, then he created his own school and it was taken in by the ottomans caliphate, and spread by them and ignored that there was an imam living ...and because the ottomans were ruling the arab islamic world at that time, they enforced that marja's school (ahmad bin hanbal) to be the main islamic school.

Edited by Tushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tushi said:

Salam,

during the ottomans periods, there were sunni marja's (ahmad bin hanbal is one of them) studying on the hands of imam jaafar al sadiq, then he created his own school and it was taken in by the ottomans caliphate, and spread by them and ignored that there was an imam living ...and because the ottomans were ruling the arab islamic world at that time, they enforced that marja's school (ahmad bin hanbal) to be the main islamic school.

oao! i am amazed at your marvelous story. ahmad ibn hanbal died long before ottomans emerged. and for your kind information he was not student of jafar sadiq. he even hadn't met him. there is no marja in sunni tradition. ottomans were follower of hanafi jurisprudence. you have to learn a lot about history, my dear brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, narsis said:

Bismillah.

Salaam.

 

There are various reasons for that I try to mention some briefly:

 

1.    Financial factor: Sunnis have more financial resources and supported by rich Arab countries.

 

2.    Political factor: many western countries put forth many limitations for Shia communities and centers while Sunnis ones function freely.

 

3.    Propaganda against Shia Islam.

 

4.    Etc.

 

With Duas.

 

Narsis.

what are you saying, man? your these three points are phenomena of twentieth century. but sunnis were large always from the very beginning of islamic history. islam was brought to the whole world by sunnis. the umaiyad, abbasid and ottoman rulers and their army brought islam to the whole world. islam was introduced to the roman empire(syria, jordan, lebanon, turkey, egypt, libia), the persian empire(iran, iraq, afghanistan), the indian empire(pakistan,india, bangladesh), northern and central africa, south-east asia(malaysia, indonesia, brunei etc), central asia (uzbekistan,kazakhstan, tajikistan, kyrgyztan), muslim region of china like xinxiang by sunni rulers and army. so of course sunnis are far more in number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the shias is the community that was and still till today the most tortured, butchered and oppressed throughout history. We are the minority but we are the strongest the most fearless people of all time, or else there wouldn't be an agenda to destroy us, it's not a coincidence.

Study some history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Arad1013 said:

Hi everybody I wonder why there are more sunnis than shias in the world. And can somebody teach me to pray on farsi. Peace be upon you all.

Because they've been slaughtering us throughout history.

Lots of Shia blood on the hands of the genocidal murderers.

On the flip side, since we've been getting slaughtered mercilessly for centuries, there's a lot more of us in Paradise. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Because they've been slaughtering us throughout history.

Lots of Shia blood on the hands of the genocidal murderers.

On the flip side, since we've been getting slaughtered mercilessly for centuries, there's a lot more of us in Paradise. :grin:

and you think shia didn't kill sunnis ! .. both of you guys been killing each other for centuries you giving normal muslims trouble , even now most troubles come from those two sects , every heard of sufi who bomb himself or insult prophat wives and create fitna , every heard of sufi khawarij , I guess not and probability never cuz sufi don't busy themelves with dunah and they are true muslims in my opinion . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

and you think shia didn't kill sunnis ! .. both of you guys been killing each other for centuries you giving normal muslims trouble , even now most troubles come from those two sects , every heard of sufi who bomb himself or insult prophat wives and create fitna , every heard of sufi khawarij , I guess not and probability never cuz sufi don't busy themelves with dunah and they are true muslims in my opinion . 

Never said Shia didn't kill Sunni.

The OP asked why there are more Sunni than Shia in the world and that's why. Shia have been slaughtered much more than Sunni have plain and simple.

Go look up stats on how Shia have died throughout the centuries. Doesn't even compare to how Shia have killed Sunni.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Never said Shia didn't kill Sunni.

The OP asked why there are more Sunni than Shia in the world and that's why. Shia have been slaughtered much more than Sunni have plain and simple.

Go look up stats on how Shia have died throughout the centuries. Doesn't even compare to how Shia have killed Sunni.

 

so now we gonna compare who killed more then the other -_- , the main problem is the killing , in islamic history more muslims died killing each others , then during muslims wars with crusades and mogals etc ... the problem is your hadiths who keep dividing muslims and telling that I am on right path with other is wrong , eventhought I don't follow any sects , I can feel the peace of sufis at least they never criticized me for only following quran , and they treated me normally , unlike when I am shia or sunnis frineds who try to demonize the path that I choose , I tell you I don't feel safe around neither sunni nor shias , sometimes I feel like if I tell sunni that I want to became shia they might kill me , and same for shia if I ever was shia then wanted to became sunni do you think it would be fine , I doubt it will . 

as long as sunni shia conflict exist with in islam and hate being feed to the young generations , groups like isis and their likes would keep on existing and destroying the whole ummah , even if you peaceful muslim who not engaged in those political wars and yeah those wars and hate are political not religious , your leaders made it religious . 

aisha and ali never claim to be sunni nor shia , both of them followed the quran and was taught by prophat mohammed s.a.w , so where did the differences come from , it only created to divide the muslims and keep them divided .

Edited by sakura1994

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LabaikYaHussein said:

Just remember there is more quantity and less quality in this world 

That's the best way to describe it.

True followers of righteous guidance have always been in lesser amounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sakura1994 said:

so now we gonna compare who killed more then the other -_- , the main problem is the killing , in islamic history more muslims died killing each others , then during muslims wars with crusades and mogals etc ... the problem is your hadiths who keep dividing muslims and telling that I am on right path with other is wrong , eventhought I don't follow any sects , I can feel the peace of sufis at least they never criticized me for only following quran , and they treated me normally , unlike when I am shia or sunnis frineds who try to demonize the path that I choose , I tell you I don't feel safe around neither sunni nor shias , sometimes I feel like if I tell sunni that I want to became shia they might kill me , and same for shia if I ever was shia then wanted to became sunni do you think it would be fine , I doubt it will . 

as long as sunni shia conflict exist with in islam and hate being feed to the young generations , groups like isis and their likes would keep on existing and destroying the whole ummah , even if you peaceful muslim who not engaged in those political wars and yeah those wars and hate are political not religious , your leaders made it religious . 

aisha and ali never claim to be sunni nor shia , both of them followed the quran and was taught by prophat mohammed s.a.w , so where did the differences come from , it only created to divide the muslims and keep them divided .

Sunni books are the only books that tell you to kill whoever disagrees with you. Read the book Of Attawhid for ibn taymya, or the "fight against the rafida". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

Sunni books are the only books that tell you to kill whoever disagrees with you. Read the book Of Attawhid for ibn taymya, or the "fight against the rafida". 

will just in case I don't believe in neither sunni or shia , I believe in quran and inshallah I stay on the right path that I don't be case of any blood shade among muslims , and I pray all the sheikhs/imams who spread fitna to burn in hell .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zainabamy said:

There's so much hatred and propaganda against the Shi'as, it means that Sunnis don't read Shi'a books and that most people when they revert to Islam are told to stay away from Shi'a Islam and not study it all. 

Their arguments are bombs, guns and knives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Arad1013 said:

Hi everybody I wonder why there are more sunnis than shias in the world. And can somebody teach me to pray on farsi. Peace be upon you all.

Because it was the first state religion after the Prophet s.a.w. had passed away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×