Rate this topic

Bismillah, ar-Rahman, ar-Rahim

AsSalaamu Alaykum,

I like to solicit your input on the following important  and timely topic of Psychological Warfare[PW] on the internet/forums.

Psychological Warfare employs any weapon to influence the mind of the enemy.

On the internet, what weapons/tactics/ strategies can be employed by our external/internal enemy  to influence our minds.

Creating Doubts is one.

What else do you think, can be employed by our External/Internal enemy to influence our minds?

WS

Layman.

This is a very important and timely topic that should be given the highest priority. We have always complained that we lack resources, in terms of money, and control of media outlets. This excuse can’t be used for the internet. We have the resources, and manpower. Enemy has thinktank, agencies, Media organizations and they are utilizing it. We can counter it effectively, if we just spend the time to think about it and make it an urgent matter. We can petition Allah[awj] to help and assist, but this petition needs to  be followed by action, to receive the desired help/assistance.

We can pray for their safety and success and feel that we have done our part, it needs to be much more than just words and feelings.  If we can’t be on the frontline on the ground, we can help and assist the brave soldiers, and civilians in hot pots around the world.  It is imperative that we do not allow the enemy to dehumanize the Shia’s on the internet. This requires, awareness, recognition, Knowledge of the methods used. So, we do not fall into their trap, and effectively counter it on the internet.

Knowledge is Power.

@S.M.H.A.

1) Knowledge is Secret

2) Reality is Classified

3) Computers never Lie

4) Gov't is created gooder than baby-Jesus.

This are the 4 Fundamentals of Modern Life  ---at least for egomaniacs in gov't jobs and contracts.

Remember, the Biggest, Meanest, Bull Elephant has soft feet.

And:

A good question can destroy anybody.

There has been a lot on the internet - Which somehow directly or indirectly involves or refers to Sayyida Fatima Az Zahra[sa]

Videos, multiple Topics on Intercession- all seems to be directed towards the same central figure

Is it  possible that due to easily access to information- People are finding out the Truth about the Tragedy of Fadak.

And the marketing firms are employing their best talents to come up with innovative ways - of damage control.

If you were in a think Tank and you were asked this question- what will you be looking at and in which way they may be  looking to accomplish their goals and their desired impact or how will all this affect the psyche of the consumer and will they some how look at this Tragedy of Fadak in a different way?

If I where a Think Tank (from the point of view of those people who believe that Sayyida Fatima Az Zahra[sa] should not have inherited Fadak) I would:

1. Eliminate as many argument the opposition has against us (The think Tank) by claiming their sources to be invalid or other methods.

2. Depending on point 1 point, point 2 can go two different ways.

a)  My point 1 was enough in disproving the opposition

b) My point 1 was not enough in disproving the opposition. In this case, I would have to make the person that denied Sayyida Fatima Az Zahra[sa] look as innocent as possible. To do so, I may use general claims such as he was doing it with good intentions (to help the muslims) or that he was not infallible and that everyone makes mistakes (intention would probably work best)

3. After we (the think thank) have made our decision as to how we can distort the facts to suit our needs, I would flood the market with relevant information supporting our point of view so that the oppositions point of view would drown by the information we are distributing.

By doing so, the think thank will be able to change someones opinions on the events that occurred by providing them an alternative that is "More believable". Keep in mind that the target audience is not Shia (because we believe that Sayyida Fatima Az Zahra[sa] was the rightful inheritor.) but sunnis. They already have positive views of the first few Caliphs, and the information we are providing (saying for example it was for the good of the muslims) will just reinforce that positive view.

Edited by Meesum_Mtl

Faceless environment of Internet.

We are transitioning from a real community to virtual community.

Real community, you see a person and know his/her outward behaviour and on the surface you can determine if the person is a Shia/Muslims or not. This person is a part of the community, people may know him/her, may know his/her immediate or extended family. This person, has one life. He/she needs to worry about integrity, be know a person of principle and the other normal stuff [Social interaction, helps in building Trust]. If he/she says something, he/she could be asked for proof. He/she can’t run away from it, unless he/she opts to move out of community and start life in some remote unconnected community.

We, are wired for this, and it will take time to adjust to new realities of the virtual world of internet.

Here a person, can say or be whatever they want to be, they do not have to worry about integrity, principle stands, that can create any doubt they want, and if questioned , this “Screen Name” can disappear and the person can come back with a new “Screen Name”. Often we come across this issue, if discussing a point with someone on the net. _why are you[other person] not understanding it, it has been explained and it's clear to even with low IQ. Or your arguments are not logical, because what you said on this issue, and how could you hold another view based on the same logic on another related/unrelated topic. Or Screen name just leaves a bullet point, and never returns to answer. [this behavior may be obvious to the ones actively involved[what about non regulars who may read this in the future]. We, wonder, because we are still used to the real world realities. This screen name could be just planting seeds of doubt, at multiple locations. We can't comprehend it, unless we adjust our mind to the new realities.  

How do we, train our minds to keep this reality front and center at all time? Specially, when we just got a tweet from a family member, that we know his/her Twitter handle or Facebook post. So, our mind is in the Real world state, and transition into a tweet/facebook post or message form a “Screen Name” the next minute. This sound very simple but in reality may be an issue that is been exploited on the net. Add to this a Screen Name who has been with you, and establish a rapport, do you, not have difficulty in separating the two kinds of states? Specially, if you life revolves around the net, and you are on it 24/7.

How difficult is it to separate the two reality, which may at times can become one.

Audhu billahi min ash-shaitanir rajeem.

Bismillah, ar-Rahman, ar-Rahim

AsSalaamu Alaykum,

We Shi’a should, be aware of few things( on the Net), as they are important and timely to consider and reflect on.

We should avoid, reactionary responses.

We should avoid, any other activity which could be manipulated against us.

We should reflect on the Title and content(inflammatory, soliciting emotional responses), to see if this is an entrapment attempt.

We can’t play the game that is designed against us- If they use derogatory language, or try to undermine what we believe, or purposefully use titles and words to agitate us- Don’t fall for the trap. It's designed to get under our skin- hoping for a technical rule break-

We should pay great attention to not what is been presented(contents could be presented in beautiful bundle, but what is the real intention behind all the hugs/kisses and sweet talk.

All the above  could be manipulated and used against us, This is one of the Tactics used out there. They have up their game, we need to up it or face the consequences.They work in packs-supporting each other.

Lawyers have read the prevailing themes/interests  on the net and read/memorized and planned to take advantage of the rule book. If they can’t academically win, they will go for a tactical win. Objective is to silence the opposition.(Be aware and be Vigilant).

Most importantly always remember:

Sermon 200: By Allah, Mu`awiyah is not more cunning than I am….

Treason and treachery of Mu`awiyah and the fate of those guilty of treason

ومن كلام له (عليه السلام)

في معاوية

By Allah, 1 Mu`awiyah is not more cunning than I am, but he deceives and commits evil deeds. Had it not been for the reprehensibility of deceit, I would have been the most cunning of all men. But (the fact is that) every deceit is a sin and every sin is disobedience (of Allah), and every deceitful person will have a banner by which he will be recognised on the Day of Judgement. By Allah, I cannot be made forgetful by strategy, nor can I be overpowered by hardships.

وَاللهِ مَا مُعَاوِيَةُ بِأَدْهَى مِنِّي، وَلكِنَّهُ يَغْدِرُ وَيَفْجُرُ، وَلَوْلاَ كَرَاهِيَةُ الْغَدْرِ لَكُنْتُ مِنْ أَدْهَى النَّاسِ، وَلَكِنْ كُلُّ غَدْرَة فَجْرَةٌ، وَكُلُّ فَجْرَة كَفْرَةٌ، وَلِكُلِّ غَادِر لِوَاءٌ يُعْرَفُ بِهِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ. وَاللهِ مَا أَسْتَغْفَلُ بالْمَكِيدَةِ، وَلاَ أُسْتَغْمَزُ بالشَّدِيدَةِ.

Alternative Sources for Sermon 200

(1) Al-Kulayni, Usul al-Kafi, II, 336, 338.

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-200-Allah-muawiyah-not-more-cunning-i-am

WS

Layman

My perception is that there is a tactical and strategic initiative that is been followed on the internet by the godfathers and their adherents.

At the very least it has two prong approach.

In order to stop the mentioning of the Merits- Attack Shia’s with Worship, Ghulu, (exaggeration of Status) Shirk, Bidah , Saint worship, as weapon of mass deception.

In order to stop the shia’s from exposing the Hypocrites, use the “You Hate them”, Degrading of Status, you are “ Anti Unity” card.

We will not desist from what has been commanded. By any tactic. We need to continue to mention the Merits, as its pertains to our salvation, i.e The Imam of our Time, Imam Al- Mahdi(as).  (those of you with insight understand this very clearly). End game is not the past it's the future. Narrowing of the gap between the two concepts of the Saviour.

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ..." (Qur'an 5:67)

How Can We Demolish Islam from within.

Internet is a new front, and all old and new strategies could and are been utilized on the internet. By outsiders/insiders. 

http://www.hakikatkitabevi.com/download/english/14-ConfessionsOf ABritishSpy.pdf

"Hempher, only one of the thousands of male and female agents employed and sent forth to all countries by this ministry, entrapped a person named Muhammad of Najd in Basra, misled him for several years, and caused him to establish the sect called Wahhâbî in 1125 [1713 A.D.]. They announced this sect in 1150". (page 3)

"It was on one of those days when Muhammad of Najd and I had become very intimate friends that I received a message from London ordering me to leave for the cities of Kerbelâ and Najaf, the two most popular Shiite centers of knowledge and spirituality. So I had to put an end to my company with Muhammad of Najd and leave Basra. Yet I was happy because I was sure that this ignorant and morally depraved man was going to establish a new sect, which in turn would demolish Islam from within", (page 35)

[[[Page 66-69 : 14 points]]]

[[[(Page 70-73 Wahhabi Religion ( Page 70,  6 Points)]]]

[[[Starting at Page 55, Some of the Highlights of the 21 point plan( Fluid Plan)]]]

"

1- Induce such chauvinistic devotions as racism and nationalism among Muslims so as to retract their attention towards their pre Islamic heroisms.

7- Confuse Muslims about the hadîths,

9- Mystify the Shiites about the rule that one-fifth

11- Very important! Alienate children from their fathers, thus depriving them of their elders’ education. We shall educate them

12- Provoke the womenfolk to get rid of their traditional covers. Fabricate such falsifications as “Covering is not a genuine Islamic commandment.

14- Say that all mausoleums must be demolished to the ground, that they did not exist in the Prophet’s time. In addition, deter Muslims from visiting the graves of Prophets..

15- Make people feel sceptical about the fact that Sayyids are the Prophet’s descendants.

16- Say that it is fard to demolish the places where Shiites mourn, that this practice is a heresy and aberration. People should be prevented from visiting those places,

17- Under the pretext of love of freedom, convince all Muslims that “Everyone is free to do whatever he likes.

21- Arouse doubts as to the authenticity of the Qur’ân in Muslims’ minds;"

l can't edit my own post. To repeat with link correction:

@S.M.H.A.  lnternet usage to advance an agenda is only part of 'their' "planetary occupation outlook".(plagiarized by me).

There is also counter-offensives, running 'at risk'.

To wit:  https://af.reuters.com/article/africaTech/idAFL2N1LS11A 

@hasanhh Love the way you self-censor. I do it all the time.

But apparently I am also fairly good at " internet psychological warfare".

I have been banned from commenting on StormFront and just about every other Neo-Nazi site ( my  retaliation for their attacks on native sites). It seems trading ideas with a " mud person" whose vocabulary is often larger than theirs creates an existential crisis for them. I have such guilt about that. Not.

On 10/4/2017 at 5:43 AM, hasanhh said:

l can't edit my own post. To repeat with link correction:

@S.M.H.A.  lnternet usage to advance an agenda is only part of 'their' "planetary occupation outlook".(plagiarized by me).

There is also counter-offensives, running 'at risk'.

To wit:  https://af.reuters.com/article/africaTech/idAFL2N1LS11A 

The only part we the lay people can control to an extent is the internet part of the playbook. It does not matter who is behind this Game, outsiders/insiders. We can control what we can control on our end. Be aware and take action to level the playing field.

On the internet the playing field is little different. We do have the resources. Just look at the amount of posts on different topics. You will realize that if the lay people with basic knowledge can dedicate few hours a week.

Muslims suppose to pray every day, All five Obligatory prayers take up about 45 - 60 mins in total. Equals  5-7 hours a week, 20-25 hours a month.

Imagine we dedicate about 80% of this time in study/research and use the 20% to counter obvious and basic propaganda that every layman can do. Human resources are plenty,  and more getting online and spending time in chatting and posting about everything in the world. Just need little direction and dedication and this could be done.

Other Thing is to recognize it, it's usually a pattern. Something will be repeated under different pretexts but the underlying theme (s) stays the same.

Distraction tactics- Now we have very creative people, utilizing human empathy as a shield against any response and it also helps in their longevity( indoctrination period on the internet) as they are allowed more time because patterns are recognized very late in this case. . . Very effective subminimal indoctrination  tactic. You get to introduce very sensitive topic because usually people will look the other way that i feel so bad for this person, I don’t want to address it or the community might say, hey this person is suffering, be nice ….

You might get someone who puts up personal issue or personal problem( mental, psychological, family, issue).  Sometimes, it could be real , But it is been used out there. This is used as a shield, because normally people will be very supportive due to the mental or other issue and very open minded and forgiving of any thing that if a normal person said it would be an issue and get an appropriate response. It's like playing dumb, stupid but getting the job done by introducing the seed of doubts. If you pay attention you will see a pattern in their posts or articles online.

On the internet, the other thing is different is that we have very young, laypeople with little knowledge who can get confused with a lot of doubts due to creative marketing. We are all screen names on the net. 

Psychological Warfare example

what's the point of azadari? I am sure they were better Muslims than we could ever be.

instead of tabarruk, why not volunteer at a homeless shelter.

this is psych-ops. Replacing 1 good Act with another 

On 10/7/2017 at 12:57 AM, shiaman14 said:

what's the point of azadari? I am sure they were better Muslims than we could ever be.

this is psych-ops. Replacing 1 good Act with another 

Why are these nice and pious thoughts in Muharram and during Muharram programs?

A while back there was a thread or subtopic or a mention during a thread regarding  emphasis on Noha/Latmiya and not on Quranic recitation of Quran. I do not remember the whole thing correctly, but the jist of it  was this comparison. I said to myself. Why is this issue been compared with Qur’an.  Obviously, people read and recite Qur’an during Muharram. But don’t we have the entire Year to only focus and dedicate more time learning /practicing the recitation of the Qur’an. What is wrong with people listening or participating or practicing in Noha/Latmiya during Muharram.

Usually we get these compensations for a reason. Like the Prayer and prayer time and Majlis issue. Prayer is Obligatory, but the timing is Mustahab(recommended), so why compare the two Mustahibs?

Food that is distributed during and after the Majlis to the guests is different, if people want to spend money on charity, you have the entire year to do your charity or community work.

People have an issue with Black, because it has become the mark of the shia in Muharram. You recognize a shia with Black cloths and this is not pleasing to their eyes, as they do not look to see so many shia’s  and so many commemorating the days of Aza.

One of the best is - have the manners of the Imam(s). Very true but out of context on the internet.  In person, if a person sayings something and I and that person is alone(no audience) , I really do not care. I might ignore it as he/she may not have knowledge or very ignorant or just an enemy of Al-e-Kisa(as). You would follow the way of the Imam(as) and talk to people according to their knowledge. Real life , Remember - their is no audience - when two people have a conversation in person. Or if the conversation is been held it's is in front of knowledgeable people. In the case of the Imam(as) their were knowledgeable companions around so the issue was not of someone of young age and lack of knowledge getting doubts.  

Internet - is a very different situation. We have to be on the best behaviour - but there is an audience - which could be from any age, any level of knowledge so it's a very different situation. Context here is very different, and Our First three Imams(as) did defend Islam, in wars with the enemy. People usually say, ignore this topic, person is ignorant, why get involved. follow  the way of the Imams(as). This is very effective, some  charge topics / very targeted topics are not responded to with focus and the numbers of participants or given high priority  because of what has been said over and over again regarding follow the way of he Imam(as) .  You might see quotes like best to ignore etc...(Ignore in private not in public with very young reading) . What is been said is True, But out of context. So, there are a lot of things, on the surface they may seem very nice but there is no cookie cutter approach. Different medium needs a different approach. Of Course basic moral ethical and behavioral guideline stay the same.

For the longest time, the approach was "do not do azadari". That tactic has been replaced with "replace azadari with X". Another example is replace hadees-e-kisa with surah Yaseen.

In my (probably) unpopular opinion, any shia willing to give up an act of azadari for another good is no better than the shia of Siffin who chose to replace Imam Ali's (as) decision with arbitration from the Quran.

It is a purely Muawiyan tactic to replace Aimmah with another good. 

Arbitration from Quran = good

Arbitration from Quran as a replacement for Imam 's decision = bad.

Unfortunately our shias are still as naive today as they were back then. Otherwise the simple answer to this fitna would be NO - every time.

“Khawarij raised the slogan "rule of Allah" and said that Ali Ibn Abi Talib should not be the ruler. They used to say, لاٰحُکْمَ اِلاَّللّٰہ‘ - Governing is the right of God only. In response Commander of the Faithful used to say, 5کَلَمِۃُ حَقٍّ يُرٰادُ بِھَاالْبٰاطِل - What they are saying is correct but their purpose is evil.

They are right and the real ruler is God. The One who defines the commandments and holds the reins of all affairs of life is God. Rule and law belong to God but who is going to execute the law? Are you saying that no one other than God should implement the law? In response Imam Ali said, لاٰ بُدَّلِلنّا سِ مِنْ اَميرٍ - For a human society there is a need for a ruler.”

Either naive or beaten to a pulp, to the extent that it had killed their desire to speak. Minute they speak someone will issue Shirk verdict. So they stay quiet, as envisioned by the designers and marketers. Shirk/Bidah and Unity( Staying with the Majority and no decent ) are two proxies used to accomplish this job. Anything someone wants to say could be attacked with these two proxies issues. If they see they are losing they will try to bring about a verdict of a Shia Jurist out of context and try to create a divide(My Jurist vs Your Jurist( same strategy utilize for the Four Jurists(school of Fiqh) in the past) /national/ethnic/political).  Same goes with Azadari issues. So they win, this way.

False notion/lie/propaganda of Grave worship is used so much that many shia’s are reluctant to speak out. They are distracted so much so that , the Kings can demolish the grave or house  of the First ‘Mother of the believers” and turn it into something that they would not want their own mother's grave / house site to be turned into. Indoctrationation has paid off. They have been successful in shutting up the Muslims and accepting their propaganda.

"The house of Khadijah, the first wife of the Prophet Muhammad, has been turned into a block of toilets."

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/opinion/the-destruction-of-mecca.html

"The house of the Prophet's first wife, Khadijah has made way for public toilets."

http://time.com/3584585/saudi-arabia-bulldozes-over-its-heritage/

Destroying Heritage is very significant and a long term strategy to eradicate any physical reference. 1000 years from now, they might argue if there was such a person in history, as you know, books could be sanitized and doubts can be created in the authenticity of reports. No actual evidence to support the claim.  i.e you have heard issues related to Jewish/Christian claims and how people are looking for physical evidence to substantiate the events in their books. 

What happens on the ground in reality is little different, Some people are genuinely concerned based on their outlook and there may be miscommunication involved and what they read they translate into their concerns. But we know these people we see them every day. They may have gotten their ideas thru many different inputs.

But Internet, we do not know who is saying it. Could be a misguided friend or a foe? So, Everything needs to be investigated (Most Authentic sources) and thoroughly vetted out. Once it is verified and authenticated. Next important level is to see its proper context. Because, as in the Battle of Siffin, and Khawarij used to say, and point  to was correct, but their intention/purpose is evil. So, it's important to know who is saying it/what is their purpose along with what is been said. On the internet their purpose will reveal itself in the form of a pattern.

May be other ways, so we should keep this thread updated so we are all aware of what dangers we face. We do not have to be Islamic students, or scholars to participate in this. Any layman with some basic knowledge and some life experience can alter others of what he/she sees as threat. Right or wrong, is not the point, that is up to the readers to determine. 

As you all are aware, we have many speakers who deliver Muharram Majlis(Lectures) in many languages. Many lectures in other languages may be very informative. I listen to English, and others can understand it here. Another point is that at this time I am listening to this particular speaker, and will move on to their speakers. So there is nothing special , All speakers are special, who serve in Muharram and educate us. 

But there is point that he raises, watch the two clips he shows to understand what is coming ...( Any thoughts???

Start from 15:00 it goes on till 25:00

I should have pointed this out earlier, about the above post and I will point it for this video. It does not matter for our discussion, which country is involved, it could be USA, Russia, EU etc..Fact that a Non Muslim country is dictating to a so called "Muslim" country that they should reform Islam is the issue and what type of Reform is demanded is this issue.Why is this or any other 'Muslim" country is listening and abiding by these terms is the problem...and the outcome will be more drastic for the Muslim world. This  stuff keeps repeating itself and we ( Muslims) are on the receiving end of this ....

Start from 15:00 it goes on till 25:00

On 10/7/2017 at 12:57 AM, shiaman14 said:

this is psych-ops. Replacing 1 good Act with another 

An "Another" that aligns with 'their' objectives.

l watched the 08Oct17 CBS 60 Minutes.

Their second story was about microtargeting  individuals for the 2016 Election. Changing color-schemes, a single word and theme for  every FB account. Twitter was used differently.

One example they used was messages sent to an "EIm Street" in 0hio. Each person got a different message than their neighbors on the same day.

While they were talking, l remembered to myself, "This is a step beyond the "Millie Moment" in Fahrenheit 451."

The "Millie Moment" in the book, but the name was changed to Linda in the 60s era movie, is when Millie is contacted to watch a program in which she is supposed to participate from home. While Millie sits there brain-dead, the actors ask her what she thinks, she says nothing, yet the actors proceed as if she participated in their conversation, and as if everything she hypothetically said was spot-on.

Psych-War en masse.

Its everywhere and within everything. Lies and distortions to make people of the world think they are helplessly inferior to "them". E.g.:

They are such a great nation therefore:

• They landed on and played golf on the moon. (Just ask yourself yankees on the moon in 60s? Rly? Comprehensively disproven btw See: MoonFaker on youtube.)
  • They defeated Germany in WW2. (USSR did)
  • They are going to Mars!~ (Get in line Musk, the deadline for that in people's minds was 2016 as announced by their presidents time and again. Space radiation has been blocking manned space exploration. Rly? Try exploring ocean floors first)
  • Advanced human race to Science! Evolution! Atheism! New Age! Therefore religions are a lie!
  • Capitalist economy model has won (lol right)
  • The world hates teh American dream!
  • Our war machines are the best. M1A1 for instance is the best tank (baby killer tanks, never tested like real tanks in real battles)
  • Islam is very bad so its okay to bomb Muslims and destroy their world completely.
  • "They" can see and control your computer screen. Feel the attrition barbarians!

• They has alien technology and UFOs!

ALL    G R E A T    L I E S. Believe me.