Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

1. Pray

2. Pray for my job and success.

3. Find a next show to watch probably Narcos.

4. Hang out with friends.

5. Please pray for my Job. Company is having hard times and i am worried. 

My goal for today - Throw a birthday party for my five year old

break up of goal:

1. Bake a cake (reminder to self, the cake might fall apart as you assemble it but you shouldn't, you can always go and buy one from the bakery and pretend that was the original plan)

2. Get some kid approved eatables together

3.Sneak in the spare bedroom and wrap presents

4.Try not to yell at kids when they bang at the door when you are doing 3.

5. Decide outfit for dear daughter 

6. Blow up two dozen balloons, put up a birthday banner, hang balloons and pom poms

7.Ignore severe backache from disc prolapse gone worse after yesterday's travel while doing 6.

8.Try not to cry during and after the party, they grow up too quickly. 

Edited by starlight

15 minutes ago, starlight said:

My goal for today - Throw a birthday party for my five year old

break up of goals:

1. Bake a cake (reminder to self, the cake might fall apart as you assemble it but you shouldn't, you can always go and buy one from the bakery and pretend that was the original plan)

2. Get some kid approved eatables together

3.Sneak in the spare bedroom and wrap presents

4.Try not to yell at kids when they bang at the door when you are doing 3.

5. Decide outfit for dear daughter 

6. Blow up two dozen balloons, put up a birthday banner, hang balloons and pom poms

7.Ignore severe backache from disc prolapse gone worse after yesterday's travel while doing 6.

8.Try not to cry during and after the party, they grow up too quickly. 

wow, when you throw a party, you really go to town - and leave things to the last minute:

14:33
Sunday, 20 March 2016 (GMT+5)
Time in Pakistan

KEEP CALM AND BLOW UP BALLOONS

Loooooool. 

Well I had an extremely busy week at work and on saturday I had to travel unexpectedly, so I couldn't wrap presents etc beforehand . I am usually a very organised person :rolleyes:

P.s cake is in the oven :D

[Edit] : I am sure sis @hameedeh will come along soon and tell me ,' stay strong, you can do it'.

Edited by starlight
Added line

Wow @starlight we had a party for my 1 year old yesterday, and it was a lot less work than yours! You reminded me why we try to stick to small family parties. I had to wrap gifts at the last minute, but my oldest son baked the cake from a mix, and we didn't decorate.

My goals for the next week are to catch up with my rocket science class, I've fallen nearly a week behind, to clean out my garage (again) to make it a usable space, to finish one of the books that I'm reading, and to take my small people to the zoo. I'm sure I'll come up with more goals as the week progresses.

I'm planning on doing something soon which is totally not like me at all and I'm petrified. :hahaha: I'm just waiting for the right moment I guess.

Aside from that I've been very productive doing my day plans for Rajab, Shaban and Ramadan - there's no way I'm missing those extra blessings. 

My goals for the weekend are all DIY , home improvement kinda stuff :

1. Organize kids puzzles and lego sets into individual boxes and pouches. Currently all the Lego is in one big and two small plastic containers which my five year old enjoys emptying just for fun. Since I am planning to get some more Lego next month because I LOVE playing with it so much  to give to my daughter on her birthday, I thought I better make some space.

2. Sew a table cloth, the old one was worn out. It's vintage with lots of frills. Normally I like minimalist when it comes to decor and furniture but this table always had the same tablecloths for as long as I remember so I am going to stick to the tradition :) 

3.Make another bulletin board for my room. I made one last year and it turned out to be really useful for all the notices  from the kids schools and for my lists, bills etc, until one day when I came back from work and saw my kids artwork which was normally housed in a cardboard box under the bed now proudly displayed all over the bulletin board..... my bulletin board:byecry: They told me their little hearts will break in zillion pieces if I ever tried to take down even the comic strip cut out from the cereal box, what to say of the rainbow coloured heart  made especially for Mommy.. So for the whole past year I managed by sticking my lists strategically in the little spaces at the corners so as not to mar the beauty of the artwork. So, today I finally decided I possessed some rights too and decided to make another one. :D