Rate this topic

Salam

The most emphasized name in Quran though it's not the most mentioned is Al-Hayu. 

Tawheed relies on you not simply realizing that the true living is Allah, but that it cannot but Allah. And that there cannot be parts with him or other beings with him, but that he must be it is.

The secret of of the "Why" is in the NAME of God. I don't mean letters but the name by which everything glorifies God.

Anyways, there is arguments that show this is part of integrated reality.

For example, there is good arguments to make that if objective morals exist or relative morality is not arbitrary, then an eternal being and source exists. I can present some arguments to show this. Every time I showed this to Atheist, it came down to denying that objective morals exist. That is they could not even admit it was a necessary truth that it cannot be just or good in any world to torture an innocent being forever and ever with intense torture forever. They cannot even admit that.

That said, those who know God, depending on the LIVING ONE. That is the names of God and signs of God and their connection to God is not that of concept and indirect praise to God. IT's direct connection to God. They truly remember God in a way that they don't remember other things. Other things may or may not be true. You may remember them to be true but sometimes not sure. The way to remember God is different. It's to see the secret of WHY he exists. 

And if you know WHY he exists, you also know that corruption would take place in the universe, where it that anything was beside him or near him in glory. Rather Ultimate Highness, Ultimate Purpose, Ultimate Why, Ultimate Reason, Ultimate Existence, is so. 

Existence cannot exist without Him, but that is not all, his Oneness and beautiful Attributes and Exalted traits are all a secret of "reason" "why" and "existence".

No one can adequately explain this. Even Musa felt there was a knot on his tongue and as good as Harun is at conveying, there is still secrets that remain in the intellect of experience and words don't do justice.

The Why is being blessed. The why is being High. The why is being beautiful. The why is existence.

Now tell him, why does quark exist? Why does it subsist? No magic to existence, just does so right?  

The real existence and secret of existence, and how all things exist, and are kept existing, is God.

And as he is Lord of everything, everything is given it's creation through his Lordship and he guides.

Without lordship, you couldn't praise a single act. You can't appreciate and given a single thinks to anyone. Nor would you value anyone or yourself with anything meaningful.

That WHY - is something to be witnessed. Existence exists. Existence is real. What is not real is this imaginary dead emptiness of matter or eternity that Atheists imagine. There is no Why to that. That is just conjecture, and people who think that it is true, rely on just conjecture.

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight

Strictly speaking from how I'm coming to find God, I would say it like this

The Big Bang theory holds that somehow, for some reason, atoms and molecules collided in the deep of space. Obviously, this is an abridged version. From the beginning, 2 questions enter my head.

1) Were these atoms and pieces of star dust always there? If they were, that leads me to number 2,

2) How is it so impossible that God could have always existed? What I mean by this is that a lot of Atheist people I've met can't wrap their minds around the concept of God having no beginning. Because that's what God is. He has always existed, and always will, it is from Him that all things, including those two atoms in the deep of space, were created. Everything in the universe has a start, and that start, is God.

If science claims that these atoms had always existed (not having a definite beginning) why is it so impossible for them to believe that God has also always existed.

The only other outcome of the first question is no, they were not always there, which then leads us right back to God again. If they were not always there, then God must have created them.

Either way, it always leads back to God. For the longest time I had considered myself an atheist, and it was this line of thought that lead me out of that darkness.

Edited by RuckOver293
felt more explination was required

reality is that there must be a God 
if we hypothetically say now that there is no God and Big Bang actually happened by some unbelievable chance and then all the events that followed to create life such as us
then the aim of the most intelligent creatures of that universe would be to become God , and you cant strive towards something you dont know about, so God idea is there even before we came into existence and only by being able to know Him we can do what we came to do here, and that is to find Him attain Him, it is written in our genes you can say 

to control life and death and all the matter and no-matter and antimatter 

all our striving looked at from point of view of material dimension still nevertheless points to striving for perfection , infinity , eternity

our nature causes us to either become gods or seek God , but what is freaky is that what we think is infinity is actually not infinity He is even above that, we can only seek what our limits allow us, and we are limited while He is not, so He cant be quantified , especially by us who cant even quantify what we know and think is infinity relative to us 

we are never satisfied always wanting more and more always seeking for more perfection and more perfection until we conquer the universe all together and all the forces that created it 

so it goes to show that we cant help but seek God , so He must be there because our purpose in life is to seek Him in many means, beauty, power, intelligence, consciousness etc 

about your arguing with atheists dont bother , they are the most arrogant people alive, they banned me from their forum , no matter what you say they will reject and insult and swear you, and since they are not bound by any religion or morals and laws they have no limits to what they say or think 

and most of what they think is pure propaganda prejudice and hate , no reason or logic , if you want to convince an atheist you would be better buying him off because they are some of the most materialistic people in the world(since that is all they know)

but even they cant help seek God as i described , they always want more intelligence, more beauty, more power, more pleasure , more of everything 

so in the end they seek infinite in al those spectres which is searching for God by default 

also in the Quran it says "..Do you wish to guide the one whom we have sent astray? never will you find a guide for him...."
so even God is telling you in the Quran not to bother 

but  guess the answer to your question "why is there a God?"

and the answer is simple , if there is anything then it must be God(i.e it seeks absolute knowledge and infinity and eternity) nothing that exists stands still, it seeks change to a state that is unchangeable but yet contains everything i.e God

it is just the nature of nature to be either godly or seek God  , its sheer existence is godly in nature

Edited by neverforgotten313

you can say to the atheist, if they don't believe in a God, then what is their explanation of how the earth, universe, etc, is here? Some will say things like the "big bang theory." ok, so then what caused the big bang to happen. if atheists want to question things, why do they never have answers for things? Atleast the Quran is based on reasoning and gives logical answers to everything.  

8 hours ago, Ali-F said:

Why? If we should reply to an atheist, what would be the reply?

apart from all argument with respect to this that I think the argument from contingency works better you could emphasize on this point that:

our existence itself is the evidence for the existence of Allah. when you see that you are alive there must be a source giving you this existence.

bear in mind that you cant make any one believe when he himself does not like.

let those who seek the truth and feel concerned on this issue more think of their existence than bombarding them with so many argumentative statements.

Edited by mahdi servant.01

2 hours ago, em said:

you can say to the atheist, if they don't believe in a God, then what is their explanation of how the earth, universe, etc, is here? Some will say things like the "big bang theory." ok, so then what caused the big bang to happen. if atheists want to question things, why do they never have answers for things? Atleast the Quran is based on reasoning and gives logical answers to everything.  

Salam brother,

The issue that Br. Ali.f is asking about is why does God exist, not does God exist. They two questions cannot be dealt with in the same manner.

wa assalam

8 hours ago, .InshAllah. said:

The same reason that 2+2=4, which is that it is impossible for it to be otherwise.  God cannot not exist.  

Salam brother,

Good point. Can it be further said that the reason God exists is that it is in his intrinsic nature to exist? When you say God - the true God - exists, it is a redundancy, as it is the essence of God to exist, as his divine attribute is al-hayy, and that existence itself only exists due to God.

wa assalam.

10 hours ago, Ali-F said:

The creative power of the mind is particularly evident in the force of the imagination which makes human nature Godlike.

Humans are vain and cannot accept that they just perish, they are special and have eternal life.

God is the convenient smoke-screen that hides a highly profitable business: religion.

Therefore God exists.

wslm.

Bismillah.

Salaam.

You can deduce pure intellectual reasons from these verses:

أَ أَرْبابٌ مُتَفَرِّقُونَ خَيْرٌ أَمِ‏ اللَّهُ‏ الْواحِدُ الْقَهَّار

Are many different and vain gods better or Allah, the One yet The Dominant over all powers? (12:39)

لَوْ كانَ فيهِما آلِهَةٌ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ لَفَسَدَتا فَسُبْحانَ اللَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَرْشِ عَمَّا يَصِفُون‏

If there existed gods besides Allah in The heavens and on the earth both of them would dissolve in ruin. The Absolute Pure is Allah the Creator of the Great Throne of Arsh; and He is above what they attribute to Him. (21:22)

With Duas.

Narsis.

2 hours ago, Quisant said:

The creative power of the mind is particularly evident in the force of the imagination which makes human nature Godlike.

Humans are vain and cannot accept that they just perish, they are special and have eternal life.

God is the convenient smoke-screen that hides a highly profitable business: religion.

Therefore God exists.

wslm.

So your saying we're deluding ourselves

Edited by HumanForLife

People can say "gods can always have existed" or they can say "matter always has existed", and asked why, respond "it just does because it exists". This is not the answer I would give about why God exists however. I would say God is Ultimate Reason of existence, he is the ultimate answer of why he exists, and that answer is such that there cannot be anything besides him, but must be ultimately High- witnessing why though is a spiritual thing. That ultimate Highness and it's praise, is not just existence, it's a reason for existence, and a must of existence. And without this foundational reason, nothing can exist in reality.  The thing is God is the Ultimate Answer to why he exists, while matter is not, they will respond to it, it just does. The answer to God is not that he just does. The why he exists is the only way to know that he does in reality. Sure you can know a Creator created the universe, but that's not good enough. Tawheed requires you to know praise of God such that there cannot be a god besides God.

I wouldn't make it an issue of a trivial question. It's important. Remembering him is to see the Living cannot be but him. It's not just so that it happens to be HIM and that happens to be that God is the True existence by which all things existence, it's important to know the why even though it cannot be explained by words, for it's the way we witness Tawheed. That God could not have been different, nor can there have been others gods besides him. We been given a taste of the reason from his name and through his name/face we can testify to it.

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight

In the end we know of God and His existence because of His intervention in our lives, personally that i show i know God  , if i do something wrong He is there to punish me and make me go down pathways of punishment, if i do good He is there to reward me and take me down roads of reward

And it has been like this all my life , always truth made evident from falsehood 

10 hours ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

Salam brother,

The issue that Br. Ali.f is asking about is why does God exist, not does God exist. They two questions cannot be dealt with in the same manner.

wa assalam

Salam brother,

Good point. Can it be further said that the reason God exists is that it is in his intrinsic nature to exist? When you say God - the true God - exists, it is a redundancy, as it is the essence of God to exist, as his divine attribute is al-hayy, and that existence itself only exists due to God.

wa assalam.

oh i see ok. i think the Quran explains that.

Bismillah

In regards to this discourse, we can use arguments merely gathered from husooli knowledge. Most of these arguments stem from analogies that play a base in perceiving the importance of proving the existence of God. In order to prove the existence of God to an atheist it is important to recognize what and whom they classify as appropriate scholarship. This can be done through deriving theist arguments from Western academic philosophy. An important argument that can be used is that of the Ontological argument proposed by St. Anselm who suggested that God is that which none greater can be perceived. This is based off the first premise that something which is perfect and a greatest possible being exists in the mind (key word exists), then that being must also exist in reality whether or not one believes that there is a God. This however does not imply that humans can know or understand Gods nature (as St.Thomas Aquinas states), rather humans can only know that a supreme being must exist since it is beyond perception, and since one can perceive that a greater being must exist in their mind, it must exist in reality. Mullah Sadra also adds his tahqiq on the ontological argument in which he describes a mystical experience in regards to ontological unity in which the realized human being has the desire to return to the original source of perfection and ultimate truth (God). Furthermore, you can use Aristotle's and Anselm's argument in which he discusses God as the necessary being to which all things and beings rely upon for existence. Logically, this argument states that God's non-existence is a logical impossibility since what if being effected must be caused by something that is bound by time or space. After these discourses, one can use the teleological argument in which the bounties of God manifested in this world in itself prove the existence of a perfect being. 

Taqabal'Allah 

12 minutes ago, Ibn Qubbat al Razi said:

Bismillah

In regards to this discourse, we can use arguments merely gathered from husooli knowledge. Most of these arguments stem from analogies that play a base in perceiving the importance of proving the existence of God. In order to prove the existence of God to an atheist it is important to recognize what and whom they classify as appropriate scholarship. This can be done through deriving theist arguments from Western academic philosophy. An important argument that can be used is that of the Ontological argument proposed by St. Anselm who suggested that God is that which none greater can be perceived. This is based off the first premise that something which is perfect and a greatest possible being exists in the mind (key word exists), then that being must also exist in reality whether or not one believes that there is a God. This however does not imply that humans can know or understand Gods nature (as St.Thomas Aquinas states), rather humans can only know that a supreme being must exist since it is beyond perception, and since one can perceive that a greater being must exist in their mind, it must exist in reality. Mullah Sadra also adds his tahqiq on the ontological argument in which he describes a mystical experience in regards to ontological unity in which the realized human being has the desire to return to the original source of perfection and ultimate truth (God). Furthermore, you can use Aristotle's and Anselm's argument in which he discusses God as the necessary being to which all things and beings rely upon for existence. Logically, this argument states that God's non-existence is a logical impossibility since what if being effected must be caused by something that is bound by time or space. After these discourses, one can use the teleological argument in which the bounties of God manifested in this world in itself prove the existence of a perfect being. 

Taqabal'Allah 

As a point of clarification, this argument further adds to what both me and Br. @.InshAllah. wrote. Br. @Ibn Qubbat al Razi explains how God is a necessary existence and reiterates that the question is flawed since it is a logical impossibility for God not to exist, therefore he must exist.

Edited by Ibn Al-Ja'abi

6 hours ago, Ibn Qubbat al Razi said:

An important argument that can be used is that of the Ontological argument proposed by St. Anselm who suggested that God is that which none greater can be perceived.

Your first post, welcome to the Forum. :)

Isn't it funny how the God which 'none greater can be perceived' always turns out to be the one that the arguer prefers.

For instance St Anselm was arguing for a Trinity God, you probably perceive a different 'greater'. Which of the various perceived Gods is the greatest?

My  personal 'none greater that can be perceived' God would be one that manages to achieve all His goals without needing to resort to human suffering. 
Unfortunately It doesn't suddenly exist in reality just because we can think about it or we want it to exist.  

Wslm.

Edited by Quisant

Because He is Al-Haye (Ever-Living) & because He is Al-Baqi.

كُلُّ مَنْ عَلَيْهَا فَانٍ

وَيَبْقَىٰ وَجْهُ رَبِّكَ ذُو الْجَلَالِ وَالْإِكْرَامِ

اللَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 3:29 AM, Ali-F said:

Because He is Al-Haye (Ever-Living) & because He is Al-Baqi.

كُلُّ مَنْ عَلَيْهَا فَانٍ

وَيَبْقَىٰ وَجْهُ رَبِّكَ ذُو الْجَلَالِ وَالْإِكْرَام

اللَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ

We observe the systems like universe & life and conclude that knowledge & power are prerequisite for the origin of these systems. A supreme being therefore exists which is Supreme in knowledge & power.

Remember that the existence of Creator is our conclusion. The claim that Allah is the creator is not ours, it is the claim of Allah Himself. We have just believed on that claim as this claim has satisfied our intellect.

On 1/30/2016 at 5:29 PM, Ali-F said:

Why?

Salam Ali-F,

That's a cool question!!! I've never thought about why before!

God exists because He is the originator of Life. He is because He brought life into existence. His existence is even one of His titles/names: He is the Ultimate "I AM"

And Moses said unto God: 'Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them: The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me: What is His name? what shall I say unto them?'

And God said unto Moses: 'I AM THAT I AM'; and He said: 'Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I AM hath sent me unto you.'  - Exodus 3:13-14

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0203.htm

If we should reply to an atheist, what would be the reply?

An Atheist has never asked me that question before, but I would give the same answer. Most Atheists don't accept any answer that doesn't align with their worldview, which is understandable.

Peace and God bless you

On 2/19/2016 at 2:47 PM, Quisant said:

Your first post, welcome to the Forum. :)

Isn't it funny how the God which 'none greater can be perceived' always turns out to be the one that the arguer prefers.

For instance St Anselm was arguing for a Trinity God, you probably perceive a different 'greater'. Which of the various perceived Gods is the greatest?

My  personal 'none greater that can be perceived' God would be one that manages to achieve all His goals without needing to resort to human suffering. 
Unfortunately It doesn't suddenly exist in reality just because we can think about it or we want it to exist.  

Wslm.

https://www.al-islam.org/tradition-of-mufaddal-pearls-of-wisdom-from-imam-jafar-as-sadiq