5 hours ago, certainclarity said:

Here is the hadith from bihar al an war in arabic:

در روایت است: قال أمیرالمؤمنین (ع): قال النبی (ص) : إنّ فِی الجَنّةِ سُوقا مَا فِیهَا شِرى وَ لَا بَیع إلّا الصُّوَر مِن الرِجالِ و النَّساء ، مَن اشتَهَى صُورَة دَخَل فِیهَا ؛

امیرمومنان علی (ع) از پیامبر نقل می کند که آن حضرت(ص) فرمود: به راستی در بهشت بازاری است که در آن خرید و فروشی جز صورت های مردان و زنان نیست. کسی که صورتی را خوش کرد به آن صورت وارد می شود و همان شکل را به خود می گیرد.(بحارالانوار ج 8 ص 147)

Imam Ali, narrated from the prophet ( pbuh ) : Verily there is a market in paradise, in which there is a section for buying and selling male and female facial parts. When some one likes a face, will enter in that face, and will appear in that shape.( bihar al anwar v.8 pg.147 )

Any amount of perceived beauty is alright as long as it is only for the Mahram, more specifically husband.

Human beings like beauty, and we are not in perfect stature on earth, but in heaven even thing will be perfect, just some people would like to change their features for fun and variety in heaven probably

Grading?

1 hour ago, Marbles said:

Interesting. Having a nosejob or other plastic surgery job for vanity would be looked down upon in our culture. (Cant say for everyone but in my circle it would be).

As our people become more Westernised it looks like plastic surgery is going to become more common especially with high society rich ladies who have nothing better to do.

I rue the day when it goes mainstream.

I have absolutely no Idea what happened to people ! I won't let someone injure me just to get puffy lips or whatever !

Plus most of us eastern dont really need plastic surgery. We dont need puffs nor need nose jobs! Many though need some dental correction.

I met this young (less than 25)  girl and as we were chatting she said : last time i went to Iran, we passed by a plastic clinic, we entered for the heck of it and start asking for the heck of it about their prices...I got a plastic surgery by th send of the day >.<...

There must be magic.. must be

I think it bespeaks a deeper underlying problem than "emptyhead wants prettyface syndrome". The fact that if you want a local product to sell better you need to label/advertise it as "khariji" or foreign/ foreign quality as though the world is divided in two pieces : iran and outside iran. Im afraid that the level of national self loathing and admiration for "westernisation" has become so deeprooted, it is no longer identifiable by the people. Literally a case of marg bar amrika but Lord please give me a greencard asap. And the persian pride nonsense is only making it worse. What emam Khomeini was trying to awaken people to about coming back to true Islam would really help regain some national self esteem, but the message may have gotten distorted along the way by sloganeers who did not believe in the message they were passing on.

Is it islamically correct to get cosmetic surgery?

Cosmetic surgery is defined as not necessary surgery solely done to enhance beauty.

Is an unnecessary surgery not like injuring your own body unnecessary and is that not haram?

Edited by IbnSina

17 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Is it islamically correct to get cosmetic surgery?

Cosmetic surgery is defined as not necessary surgery solely done to enhance beauty.

I an unnecessary surgery not like injuring your own body unnecessary and is that not haram?

I have always wondered about this point as well. For Ibadis, it is strictly haram and I believe Sunnis say it's haram as well. Whereas I see Shia's (the religious ones) getting surgeries and tattoos a lot these days apparently it's not haram. 

My mother, aunt and best friend have been on my head to get my nose done (I have the Iranian huge nose lol). Mum says she won't let me get married before getting my nose done and I'm like nooooo :/

2 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

I have always wondered about this point as well. For Ibadis, it is strictly haram and I believe Sunnis say it's haram as well. Whereas I see Shia's (the religious ones) getting surgeries and tattoos a lot these days apparently it's not haram. 

My mother, aunt and best friend have been on my head to get my nose done (I have the Iranian huge nose lol). Mum says she won't let me get married before getting my nose done and I'm like nooooo :/

Hmm, what if you are married and your spouse asks you to get surgery for whatever the she/he thinks would look better on you. Would it then be okay to get it done since it is with the intention of pleasing ones husband/wife which is important in islam?

1 minute ago, IbnSina said:

Hmm, what if you are married and your spouse asks you to get surgery for whatever the she/he thinks would look better on you. Would it then be okay to get it done since it is with the intention of pleasing ones husband/wife which is important in islam?

I don't know the answer to that. But I would be happy to ask one of the students of Sistani (I have direct contact with him) and get back to you! 

4 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

I don't know the answer to that. But I would be happy to ask one of the students of Sistani (I have direct contact with him) and get back to you! 

Noise surgery doesn't have an issue.

It's allowed by ayatullah sistani.

But imam Sayyed Khamenei fatwa is different.

4 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

Yes please! Ask him both questions and give your perspective to him as well! And may Allah(SWT) reward you!

Alhamdulillah how nice it is that one can find answers so easily nowadays.

1 minute ago, Haimi said:

Noise surgery doesn't have an issue.

It's allowed by ayatullah sistani.

But imam Sayyed Khamenei fatwa is different.

Hmm, how does he motivate it being okay? What explanation does he give about his judgement? Do you know?

Also what does seyyed Khamenei say about this?

Btw, I hope you all understand I am in no shape or way or form thinking of getting a nose job loool.... I am already gorgeous!

I am asking simply because I want to know what I do not know already.

7 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Yes please! Ask him both questions and give your perspective to him as well! And may Allah(SWT) reward you!

Alhamdulillah how nice it is that one can find answers so easily nowadays.

Ayatullah sistani days: beauty is a good thing for women so it has no issue but they have to taking care of two things:

1-haram look by the doctors

2-touching the face.

Otherwise it's recommended for ugly faces.

Edited by Haimi

2 minutes ago, Haimi said:

Ayatullah sistani days: beauty is a good thing for women so it has no issue but they have to talking care of two things:

1-haram look by the doctors

2-touching the face.

Otherwise it's recommended for ugly faces.

Hmm I dont understand.

What do you mean by point 1 and 2, this made little sense to me. Also while we are at it, what about beauty for men?

Can you quote the fatwa please?

Edited by IbnSina

3 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Hmm, how does he motivate it being okay? What explanation does he give about his judgement? Do you know?

Also what does seyyed Khamenei say about this?

Btw, I hope you all understand I am in no shape or way or form thinking of getting a nose job loool.... I am already gorgeous!

I am asking simply because I want to know what I do not know already.

Both fatwa are close to each other except that ayatullah sistani d.b says an ugly face can aim for it.

No haram touch or looking to face except if it's unnecessary, like surgery because of a car accident.

Edited by Haimi

1 minute ago, Haimi said:

Both fatwa are close to each other except that ayatullah sistani says an ugly face can aim for it.

No haram touch or looking to face except if it unnecessary, like surgery because of a car accident.

What? So seyyed Khamenei says "ugly face" should not aim for it? Or have i misunderstood it? Then who should get it done according to seyyed Khamenei?

Also, if you are talking about restoration surgery, that is a completely different matter. If you want something back that you already had, I can understand that, but to get something you never had, that is what I islamically have a little problem understanding.

14 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

10 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

What? So seyyed Khamenei says "ugly face" should not aim for it? Or have i misunderstood it? 

Just take what they said brother instead of get a result like this. He didn't say such thing.

Also he says:

There is nothing wrong in itself. For beauty it's not a necessary surgery and you need to pay attention if the doctor is a male, haram look and haram touch and be naked (heard part, ears, neck etc) Not allowed and the surgery is haram.

Except in necessary situations like an accident surgery etc.

Edited by Haimi