Salam dear all,

As a foreigner living in Tehran at the moment, I noticed how many people have cosmetic surgery, and especially nose jobs. 
Can anybody explain the popularity of surgery to me?

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

S

Iranians are very beautiful and attractive and have almost the perfect looks except the nose part:grin:..so they do the surgery for the nose to become perfect :p  (from the outside).but unfortunately, many become 'ugly' after such surgeries! :l

Peace..

Thanks Fatima, thats an interesting point! But then why do they also have breast enlargements for example?
And another thing I was wondering about: I also have many body parts that are not perfect, but I consider this to be part of who I am. Imperfections make a person unique. But as I understand it correctly, Iranians do not this this way? :) 

"cheshmo ham cheshmi" sounds like something worth looking into! So that is about the one person wanting to be more beautiful and perfect than the other? Is that only about beauty or also other things?

38 minutes ago, Sarad said:

Salam dear all,

As a foreigner living in Tehran at the moment, I noticed how many people have cosmetic surgery, and especially nose jobs. 
Can anybody explain the popularity of surgery to me?

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

S

So many of them did not underwent a surgery. They just put the plaster on the nose to pretend to have gone through surgery and thus feel trendy lol

I know Arab girls who went to Iran and got surgery and other who just put the plaster ...for fun lol. Kinda a trophy to take home back with you

2 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

So many of them did not underwent a surgery. They just put the plaster on the nose to pretend to have gone through surgery and thus feel trendy lol

I know Arab girls who went to Iran and got surgery and other who just put the plaster ...for fun lol. Kinda a trophy to take home back with you

Really? Wow thats amazing! So it is in fashion? Showing off a fake nose job like showing off a fake Gucci handbag? lol

Salam,

Physical alteration will not stop in Iran, it will continue up to heaven.

There is a hadith, by the prophet, which says, in heaven there is a market, you can go and choose any facial / physical feature, and totally change your physical appearance , but still everyone will recognize you :) 

For those who are interested :)

7 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

Salam,

Physical alteration will not stop in Iran, it will continue up to heaven.

There is a hadith, by the prophet, which says, in heaven there is a market, you can go and choose any facial / physical feature, and totally change your physical appearance , but still everyone will recognize you :) 

For those who are interested :)

Thank you, that's very interesting! So there is no harm in body alteration at all according to the prophet?

Here is the hadith from bihar al an war in arabic:

در روایت است: قال أمیرالمؤمنین (ع): قال النبی (ص) : إنّ فِی الجَنّةِ سُوقا مَا فِیهَا شِرى وَ لَا بَیع إلّا الصُّوَر مِن الرِجالِ و النَّساء ، مَن اشتَهَى صُورَة دَخَل فِیهَا ؛

امیرمومنان علی (ع) از پیامبر نقل می کند که آن حضرت(ص) فرمود: به راستی در بهشت بازاری است که در آن خرید و فروشی جز صورت های مردان و زنان نیست. کسی که صورتی را خوش کرد به آن صورت وارد می شود و همان شکل را به خود می گیرد.(بحارالانوار ج 8 ص 147)

Imam Ali, narrated from the prophet ( pbuh ) : Verily there is a market in paradise, in which there is a section for buying and selling male and female facial parts. When some one likes a face, will enter in that face, and will appear in that shape.( bihar al anwar v.8 pg.147 )

Any amount of perceived beauty is alright as long as it is only for the Mahram, more specifically husband.

Human beings like beauty, and we are not in perfect stature on earth, but in heaven even thing will be perfect, just some people would like to change their features for fun and variety in heaven probably

Nose. Some folks don't have good noses. I've seen gorgeous middle eastern women with parrot noses. Huge noses are very distracting. Some women get very self conscious hence the need for plastic surgery.

Qaim, yes, your children may inherit your nose but they too can fix their noses :)

You shouldn't try to "fix" what isn't broken. To fix, you imply that women who don't have a small nose have a broken face. Just because most models/actresses have mouse European noses it doesn't mean you and your kids should break your noses and get a new one. Even if you see your appearance as imperfect, the cure is not to "perfect" it - there is no such thing as perfect appearance. The cure is to accept your self and see passed this colonial nonsense and inferiority complex.

Look like a parrot, get it "fixed" to look like a dog? No thanks.

48 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

You shouldn't try to "fix" what isn't broken. To fix, you imply that women who don't have a small nose have a broken face. Just because most models/actresses have mouse European noses it doesn't mean you and your kids should break your noses and get a new one. Even if you see your appearance as imperfect, the cure is not to "perfect" it - there is no such thing as perfect appearance. The cure is to accept your self and see passed this colonial nonsense and inferiority complex.

Look like a parrot, get it "fixed" to look like a dog? No thanks.

Yep exactly.

And I will add most Iranian women would look better keeping their original nose because it fits their face. They usually get their nose too small which makes their large eyes/eyebrows and shape of their face look too big or wide in comparison.  Keep everything the way God intended.

Also a lot of them get multiple surgeries which then makes them look like Michael Jackson. There are so many Michael Jackson looking women walking around Tehran it's disgusting.

8 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

Interesting. Having a nosejob or other plastic surgery job for vanity would be looked down upon in our culture. (Cant say for everyone but in my circle it would be).

As our people become more Westernised it looks like plastic surgery is going to become more common especially with high society rich ladies who have nothing better to do.

I rue the day when it goes mainstream.