Chaotic Muslem

Stop Drinking Coke

27 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

Except that people dont drink it in moderation..

They do. Many do. I do. Like 3/4 times a month. But I like 7UP if it's any better. Diet one so the sugar intake is zero. But artifical sweeteners have its own health risk. Sigh.

It's a problem when you drink it like every other day.

17 hours ago, HumanForLife said:

I saw a video in youtube where they boiled coke and the leftover looked like black sludge

needless to say it was disgusting

then again coke is sooooooooo delicious

Dont want to stick up for coke, but If you boil alot of things for hours on end they will turn to black sludge!

1 hour ago, Marbles said:

They do. Many do. I do. Like 3/4 times a month. But I like 7UP if it's any better. Diet one so the sugar intake is zero. But artifical sweeteners have its own health risk. Sigh.

It's a problem when you drink it like every other day.

Youre drinking coke for 3 quarters of the month? Marbs! your insulin levels must be through the roof! no wonder youre doing crazy things like driving whilst soup slurping!

8 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

coke.jpg

There is no healthy fizzy

What about carbonated water? i know still water is probably better but as long as youre not exclusively drinking carbonated there should be no problem with it at all. Apart from it being addictive. In my experience.

44 minutes ago, Ruq said:

Youre drinking coke for 3 quarters of the month? Marbs! your insulin levels must be through the roof! no wonder youre doing crazy things like driving whilst soup slurping!

Lol no, it's 3/4 250 ml bottles a month, on average, when there aren't enough wedding ceremonies to attend. And I drink only diet soooo my sugar levels remain low.

40 minutes ago, Ruq said:

What about carbonated water?  Apart from it being addictive. In my experience.

Once upon a time in the land of the Brits I walked into a store, pulled a bottle of water off the shelf in a hurry, paid for out, got out, cracked open the cap, took a mouthful - and there was a spray of water on the pavement.

I have not dared to try it again :cry:

Edited by Marbles

5 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Lol no, it's 3/4 250 ml bottles a month, on average, when there aren't enough wedding ceremonies to attend. And I drink only diet soooo my sugar levels remain low.

Once upon a time in the land of the Brits I walked into a store, pulled a bottle of water off the shelf in a hurry, paid for out, got out, cracked open the cap, took a mouthful - and there was a spray of water on the pavement.

I have not dared to try it again :cry:

Lol that happens to me now and again, its almost as if there are people mischievously shaking random ones up post-73242-0-00901200-1386437714.gif put a tissue/cloth over the lid and slowly open it Marbs. Thats my top tip for the day.

basically coke or any black drink is bad for health so we must restrain from them......

sodas like sprite/7up r better as compared to black drinks...

moreover the energy drinks also must be consumed less as they damage the kidneys ;)

20 minutes ago, starlight said:

STOP DRINKING WATER :woot:

09f18d28d9c9409c16664ae48c88499b.jpg

Lol

Really, a lot of "food facts" on the internet are half-baked theories presented in a sensational manner.

Not referring to the vid in the opening post. have not watched it.

6 hours ago, mj1 said:

basically coke or any black drink is bad for health so we must restrain from them......

Prune juice can be positively medicinal (im told =D).

11 hours ago, Ruq said:

What about carbonated water? i know still water is probably better but as long as youre not exclusively drinking carbonated there should be no problem with it at all. Apart from it being addictive. In my experience.

I'd avoid non water water but as far as we know, as long as it I non cola water then it I fine

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-blog/carbonated-water/bgp-20056174

11 hours ago, mj1 said:

sodas like sprite/7up r better as compared to black drinks...

moreover the energy drinks also must be consumed less as they damage the kidneys ;)

you mean drinks with the added color of cola..

tea and coffee are brownish and fine.

13 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

I'd avoid non water water but as far as we know, as long as it I non cola water then it I fine

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-blog/carbonated-water/bgp-20056174

That read like you have a mouth full of crushed ice xD ty for the link though, i'd read something about carbonation inhibiting nutrient absorbtion or something a while back, so im pleased to read this might not be the case. Im still trying to figure out why carbonation is so satisfying. There are some theories floating about, but ive not found anything convincing.

Some of the strongest cravings ive ever experienced have been for cold, carbonated water! does anyone have any theories?

1 hour ago, Ruq said:

That read like you have a mouth full of crushed ice xD ty for the link though, i'd read something about carbonation inhibiting nutrient absorbtion or something a while back, so im pleased to read this might not be the case. Im still trying to figure out why carbonation is so satisfying. There are some theories floating about, but ive not found anything convincing.

Some of the strongest cravings ive ever experienced have been for cold, carbonated water! does anyone have any theories?

OMG I love carbonated water---what's it called...sparkling water (?)----it's like that feeling of yay, I'm being healthy and not drinking coke, yet I'm getting the fizzy bubbliness...

anyways...that's my theory lol:D

8 minutes ago, Sumayyeh said:

OMG I love carbonated water---what's it called...sparkling water (?)----it's like that feeling of yay, I'm being healthy and not drinking coke, yet I'm getting the fizzy bubbliness...

anyways...that's my theory lol:D

I sometimes dilute fizzy fruit drinks with sparkling water so theyre not as sugary. For me it seems to be the fizz and not the sugar though. I think i went through a period of genuine addiction to it in my teens and at one point was getting through about 3 bottles a day, which was about 6 litres. I would start craving it mid afternoon and o my word...that first drink when i got home. Remembering it is making me crave again so im going to shut up.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:52 PM, starlight said:

STOP DRINKING WATER :woot:

09f18d28d9c9409c16664ae48c88499b.jpg

This reminds me of the radio station that reported that the water supply had dihydrogen oxide in it.

It touched off a panic and I think to criminal prosecution for the broadcasters.

• Before the 1950s, standard soft-drink bottles were 6.5 ounces. In the 1950s, soft-drink makers introduced larger sizes, including the 12-ounce can, which became widely available in 1960. (11) By the early 1990s, 20-ounce plastic bottles became the norm. (12) Today, contour-shaped plastic bottles are available in even larger sizes, such as the 1.25-liter (42-ounce) bottle introduced in 2011. (13)
  • In the 1970s, sugary drinks made up about 4% of US daily calorie intake; by 2001, that had risen to about 9%. (14)
  • Children and youth in the US averaged 224 calories per day from sugary beverages in 1999 to 2004—nearly 11% of their daily calorie intake. (15) From 1989 to 2008, calories from sugary beverages increased by 60% in children ages 6 to 11, from 130 to 209 calories per day, and the percentage of children consuming them rose from 79% to 91%. (16)
  • On any given day, half the people in the U.S. consume sugary drinks; 1 in 4 get at least 200 calories from such drinks; and 5% get at least 567 calories—equivalent to four cans of soda. (17) Sugary drinks (soda, energy, sports drinks) are the top calorie source in teens’ diets (226 calories per day), beating out pizza (213 calories per day). (18)
  • A 20-year study on 120,000 men and women found that people who increased their sugary drink consumption by one 12-ounce serving per day gained more weight over time—on average, an extra pound every 4 years—than people who did not change their intake. (19) Other studies have found a significant link between sugary drink consumption and weight gain in children. (20) One study found that for each additional 12-ounce soda children consumed each day, the odds of becoming obese increased by 60% during 1½ years of follow-up. (21)
  • People who consume sugary drinks regularly—1 to 2 cans a day or more—have a 26% greater risk of developing type 2 diabetes than people who rarely have such drinks. (22) Risks are even greater in young adults and Asians.
  • A study that followed 40,000 men for two decades found that those who averaged one can of a sugary beverage per day had a 20% higher risk of having a heart attack or dying from a heart attack than men who rarely consumed sugary drinks. (23) A related study in women found a similar sugary beverage–heart disease link. (24)
  • A 22-year study of 80,000 women found that those who consumed a can a day of sugary drink had a 75% higher risk of gout than women who rarely had such drinks. (25) Researchers found a similarly-elevated risk in men. (26)
  • Studies in children and adults have found that reducing sugary drink consumption can lead to better weight control among those who are initially overweight. (27,28)

I am not concerned about US. I am amused to know that diabetes is prevalent in subcontinent. I thought a poor area who's population rely on local products will have better health. Less junk food and more home made food.

But i seem to be wrong. Do you think that soft drink in sub continent is part of the metabolic x syndrome in that area?

I am seriously curious!