DnA

Why are Druzes so secret?

Hey,

I was watching a documentary of the Druze and it turns out that they're pretty secretive, why is this, according to the man only highly rated scholars are allowed to see there passages, do there beliefs highly differ, its pretty interesting, you can only be born a druze if both your parents were ones, apparently the founder gave everyone 24 years to convert and after that there would be no more people allowed in

Edited by DnA

2 hours ago, DnA said:

Hey,

I was watching a documentary of the Druze and it turns out that they're pretty secretive, why is this, according to the man only highly rated scholars are allowed to see there passages, do there beliefs highly differ, its pretty interesting, you can only be born a druze if both your parents were ones, apparently the founder gave everyone 24 years to convert and after that there would be no more people allowed in

They are a off shoot of Shias. They took Taquiya to an extreme level to escape persecution. Similar secretiveness can be seen in the Hindu-Shia, Ismailis, Alawis.

It became institutionalised to such an extent that even after the threat has gone they are unable to let go of their secrecy 

They are definitely fascinating. Their high spiritual leader pass away recently. Many of the offshoot religions like Druze, Allawite and Yazidi "become" secrative as they go along because they don't want to attract undue attention from the main stream Muslim. 

The origin of druze

http://researchintoothersects.blogspot.com/2011/07/origin-of-druze-religion.html

20 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

They are definitely fascinating. Their high spiritual leader pass away recently. Many of the offshoot religions like Druze, Allawite and Yazidi "become" secrative as they go along because they don't want to attract undue attention from the main stream Muslim. 

The origin of druze

http://researchintoothersects.blogspot.com/2011/07/origin-of-druze-religion.html

Although dwarfed by other, larger communities, the Druze community played an important role in shaping the history of the Levant, and continues to play a large political role there. As an ethnic and religious minority in every country in which they live, they have frequently experienced persecution. Druze are not considered Muslims[29][30][31][32] and are thus often labeled as infidels (Murtadun).[33]Ali az-Zahir of the Fatimid Caliphate campaigned to exterminate the faith, ethnically cleansing Druze communities in Antioch, Aleppo, and northern Syria. Further attempts were made by the Mamluks and Ottomans.[34] Most recently, Druze were targeted by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and Al-Qaeda[35] in order to cleanse Syria and neighboring countries of non-Islamic influence.[36]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druze

Well they haven't done a very good job at being secretive.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

On 1/13/2016 at 3:58 AM, Sol 7 said:

Because people keep trying to kill them. 

well some of them are traitors , durzes in occupied Palestine join the Zionists military and kill Palestinians and keep being loyal to israel Zionists regime , and I am saying some cuz not all of them do it but the majority of them does .

9 hours ago, sakura1994 said:

well some of them are traitors , durzes in occupied Palestine join the Zionists military and kill Palestinians and keep being loyal to israel Zionists regime , and I am saying some cuz not all of them do it but the majority of them does .

Probably they do this because they feel safer under the Zionist regime instead of an Islamic or Arabic one. History teaches this to them.

Edited by rotten_coconut
Grammar correction

2 hours ago, rotten_coconut said:

Probably they do this because they feel safer under the Zionist regime instead of an Islamic or Arabic one. History teaches this to them.

Yes it were some muslim empires that drove them into the arms of the Zionists.

There is however a positive tendence towards religious minorities in the M-E nowadays because of Takfirism.

Look for example at Lebanon and Syria.Syrian army leaders like Issam Zahreddine who is a Druze and cooperation in Lebanon between sunni's, shia's and christians against Takfirism.

Edited by Faruk

5 hours ago, rotten_coconut said:

nonsense , if they were under crusades rule they would have been forced to be christans , the mere fact they they still exist in middle east mean ottomans and the other caliphates of that time did let they be , if they were in europe they would have been forced to be christans like the other pagens who lived in europe and was annihilated by the romans or crusades rule , muslims were the one defending them only to be stabbed in the back now by them , it's funny that some people consider them muslims when they don't even believe in prophat mohamed or any of the prophats mention in quran  .

On 1/1/2016 at 6:41 PM, A true Sunni said:

They are a off shoot of Shias. They took Taquiya to an extreme level to escape persecution. Similar secretiveness can be seen in the Hindu-Shia, Ismailis, Alawis.

It became institutionalised to such an extent that even after the threat has gone they are unable to let go of their secrecy 

Where do you got your information from...non sense...

On 4/16/2016 at 4:11 PM, sakura1994 said:

And many of them are very anti Israel. 

And many Muslims persecute them. Assad was the only one who didn't. Maybe Nasrallah.

4 hours ago, Sol 7 said:

And many of them are very anti Israel. 

And many Muslims persecute them. Assad was the only one who didn't. Maybe Nasrallah.

assad is like saddam only cared for his minority people and persucuted the majority , and in syria case sunnis are the majoirty of the country , yet syria was run by minority .

13 hours ago, sakura1994 said:

assad is like saddam only cared for his minority people and persucuted the majority , and in syria case sunnis are the majoirty of the country , yet syria was run by minority .

90% of the Syrian army is sunni. ..Someone missed a very important block of info..

30 minutes ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

90% of the Syrian army is sunni. ..Someone missed a very important block of info..

His wife is sunni.

On 4/20/2016 at 3:18 AM, sakura1994 said:

He persecutes fundamentalists. Definately. But yeah. Most of his supporters are Sunnis. 

I don't understand what Hardliner Shi'a support him for. Since he's a secularist, a modernist and an Alawite. 

On 4/20/2016 at 10:18 PM, Althaqalayn12 said:
13 hours ago, Sol 7 said:

He persecutes fundamentalists. Definately. But yeah. Most of his supporters are Sunnis. 

I don't understand what Hardliner Shi'a support him for. Since he's a secularist, a modernist and an Alawite. 

well saddam daughter was married to shia guy , and many of saddam government right hands were shia , so saddam was same as assad he was secularist but in end he presucued the shia fundamentalists and fought iran to please the gulf arabs , but when he attacked kwait the gulf countries turn around him .

4 hours ago, sakura1994 said:

well saddam daughter was married to shia guy , and many of saddam government right hands were shia , so saddam was same as assad he was secularist but in end he presucued the shia fundamentalists and fought iran to please the gulf arabs , but when he attacked kwait the gulf countries turn around him .

Where do you get your info from? Buddy, saddam prosecuted shia why would he put shia in the government :hahaha: All you have is lies and made up information...go read some factual information that might benefit you...

On 4/24/2016 at 10:38 PM, Althaqalayn12 said:

You are the one who made the claims, therefore you should have sources supporting your statements

All the information is freely available if anybody is willing to google it. My experience is that most people don't want to know the truth and just say 'prove it' because that's an alternative way of saying I disagree with you. 

I would have posted the evidence if the issue was controversial or disputed but since it isn't I refuse to pander to idle minds.

You may crow victory if you wish but it wont change the fact that what I said is freely available and not in dispute

5 hours ago, A true Sunni said:

All the information is freely available if anybody is willing to google it. My experience is that most people don't want to know the truth and just say 'prove it' because that's an alternative way of saying I disagree with you. 

I would have posted the evidence if the issue was controversial or disputed but since it isn't I refuse to pander to idle minds.

You may crow victory if you wish but it wont change the fact that what I said is freely available and not in dispute

Buddy I asked for your info so I can go check it out, it sounds like made up stuff to make shia look bad...isn't this what you said?

They took Taquiya to an extreme level to escape persecution. Similar secretiveness can be seen in the Hindu-Shia, Ismailis, Alawis.

Edited by Althaqalayn12