Thranyh: No, I Thranm.
Mshhdyh No religion you die?
Thranyh: Why should I check?
Mshhdyh not Kyshmyshy Mvgvm you?
Thranyh: Kyshmysh Shmblylh yourself!

Habib translate-

Mashhadi: Hello, is Younis there?

Tehrani: No, he is out.

Mashhadi: Who are you to him? (like what is your relation to him? - but said in a mashhadi accent/dialect which in standard/tehrani farsi means: are you in Kish? (an island in iran)

Tehrani: No, I am in Tehran

Mashhadi: No, who are you to him? (repeating the question earlier asked , again in a Mashhadi accent, which in standard farsi means: No, are you going to Kish?

Tehrani: Why must I go to Kish?

Mashhadi: No, I am saying who are you to him (Kiyash mishi (standard farsi) but he says it in mashhadi accent "kishmishiy" which in standard farsi means "you are a raisin/dried grape"

Tehrani: Raisin yourself you mustard!

[ To all the genuine Iranis, sorry if I have mis translated. I consider every farsi sentence i come across a lesson in farsi :D ]

21 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Habib translate-

Mashhadi: Who are you to him? (like what is your relation to him? - but said in a mashhadi accent/dialect which in standard/tehrani farsi means: are you in Kish? (an island in iran)

Mashhadi: No, who are you to him? (repeating the question earlier asked , again in a Mashhadi accent, which in standard farsi means: No, are you going to Kish?

Mashhadi: No, I am saying who are you to him (Kiyash mishi (standard farsi) but he says it in mashhadi accent "kishmishiy" which in standard farsi means "you are a raisin/dried grape"

[ To all the genuine Iranis, sorry if I have mis translated. I consider every farsi sentence i come across a lesson in farsi :D ]

We use the word kishmish for raisins, too. Even the hindus use a lot of farsi words in their daily lives.

For militant unionism, my manager uses the word unionbazi. (Generally takes place in rich state of Punjab, the land of the Indian sikhs).

BTW, thanks for the translation, otherwise I was about to be prejudiced into thinking that the Mashadi believed that the Tehrani followed a cult religion of death named  Thranm.

On 12/7/2015, 2:29:58, habib e najjaar said:

Habib translate-

Habibe Najjar--props to you on the translation...can't get better than that. wait...you're not a native farsi speaker, and you managed to get that joke? wow.

Btw, can everyone keep the jokes coming (after the shahadats of course).... need them for shabe yalda. 

49 minutes ago, Sumayyeh said:

Habibe Najjar--props to you on the translation...can't get better than that. wait...you're not a native farsi speaker, and you managed to get that joke? wow.

Btw, can everyone keep the jokes coming (after the shahadats of course).... need them for shabe yalda. 

چون با یه مشهدی دوست داشتنی ازدواج کردم مجبور شدم یاد بگیرم :book2:

Edited by habib e najjaar
صفت مشهدی را اضافه کردم :p

31 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

چون با یه مشهدی دوست داشتنی ازدواج کردم مجبور شدم یاد بگیرم :book2:

!آفرین واقعا جای تبریک داره
 :Dبهترین رفیقام مشهدین....یعنی قشنگ آدم تحویل میگیرن و خون گرم 

1 minute ago, Sumayyeh said:

Lotf darin. alaan paye laptopam, dige nemitunam farsi type konam. ba gushi kheili rahat tare. emsaal shabe yalda oonja nistam :( .. albate, jumping over fires hanuz motavajjeh nashodam kojash jalebe :clap:. Or is it the same night ke hame miran roo poshteboom and shout Allahu Akbar?

hahaha :D...fekr konam shabe yaldaro ba char shambe soree va 22 bahman ghatee kardee ;)

This is shabe yalda (at least my version): sit around with friends/family, eat a BUNCH of Anaar, watermelon, sunflower seeds, pesteh, etc..., do Faale Haafez, say jokes, drink a LOT of Tea, crack jokes (man loram,  ye vaght joke lori nafresteeha)....and REPEAT this process until well past mid-night.....

Edited by Sumayyeh

راست میگین. الان یادم آمد شب یلده کدوم یکیه. ما هم کار خاصی نکردیم..ولی مهمونی داشتیم برا یه برنامه خانوادگی.

نوش جون... ما اینجا از گرما پختیم. :dry:

Al-Englisi: چی را استفاده کردین؟

19 hours ago, Al-Englisi said:

lol

Istifadeh kardeem Habib Khanum, 

Shabe Yalda is the longest night of the year. It's the night to kick back and eat tukhmeh lol (not very different to any other Iranian family night, except you can do it all for longer!). 

^so true...what's a night without tukhmeh and 10 glasses of chayee? Add Gaz and sohan to the mix...and now you're talking :)

On 12/8/2015 at 0:54 AM, Sumayyeh said:

من مشهد زندگی می کنم 

اما مشهدی نیستم

چیزی که من از مشهدی ها دیدم زرنگ بازیه! توش استادن

On 4/17/2016 at 7:18 PM, Golden-crowned said:

من مشهد زندگی می کنم 

اما مشهدی نیستم

چیزی که من از مشهدی ها دیدم زرنگ بازیه! توش استادن

هههههه موافقم البته نه برای همشون بعضی وقتا