Abbas.

ShiaChat Exercises! [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Hellllooooooo? Anybody there? where did everyone go?

You guys better be ripped by now. We've got like all these Eids coming up--we need to be on top of our game. :) 

on a serious note people....it's amazing how detailed our religion is--to the point where every organ/limb of our body has a right on us--from the heart, to the stomach, to the tongue, etc....and we need to hold ourselves accountable. Your nafs has a right over you. Imam Sajjad (a)...whose milaad is coming up--wrote a whole Treatise of Rights, and it's truly amazing.

It's a whole other dimension of how you view yourself, and how high of a standard you need to set for yourself. 

Look here for the right of the tongue:

http://www.al-islam.org/divine-perspective-on-rights-a-commentary-of-imam-sajjads-treatise-of-rights/right-n-3-right-tongue

Yallah! Get moving 

I signed up for a martial arts class :) because I woke up old the other day and didn't like it. 

Also, anyone here use fitbit? If yes, want to join me in some challenges? I'm not sure how to find/add people, but most of my real life friends either don't wear their gadgets anymore, or don't ever get up from their chairs, or both.

On 28/08/2016 at 8:32 AM, notme said:

Also, anyone here use fitbit? If yes, want to join me in some challenges? I'm not sure how to find/add people, but most of my real life friends either don't wear their gadgets anymore, or don't ever get up from their chairs, or both.

I bought that fitbit thingy last year but gave it to my grandma when I went to Pakistan. She likes watches :hahaha:

But look ..... set a goal and update us with your progress. I'll try to match it. I sometimes use the Samsung app (S Health). 

On 12/22/2016 at 6:55 AM, magma said:

Any progress? We should have some routine exercises people here can do. Anyone want to make a schedule?

Let's have a shiachat exercise challenge. People can choose easy, medium, or hard based on their fitness level, and we can report on progress and set up competitions to keep it interesting.

I really need to exercise more, but I lack motivation on my own. 

2 hours ago, notme said:

I really need to exercise more, but I lack motivation on my own. 

The best way to get yourself up and moving is by signing up with a ruthless personal trainer. I was the same, would always plan to go but never ended up but when your committed you would number 1) feel bad cancelling last minute when you know someone is waiting for you 2) you'll have someone there pushing you. Personal trainers have this magical way of making us discover all this energy we had and never knew about.