Abbas.

ShiaChat Exercises! [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Hi All

Need your urgent support regarding my fitness goal. I've got 6 weeks left and have to reduce a bit of body-fat percentage. While I am doing my best I thought of harnessing the power of community support.

So basically the idea is for us to challenge and support one another. My request to you is to tag me in this thread with motivating quotes/messages/soldier-instructions and in return I'll do either 10 Push ups or 10 Squats. And if you're also looking for some support and reason to become active again, you can join the club by requesting members to tag/motivate you too. It's a win-win!

My Fitness goal: 18% body fat.

Currently: 22% body fat.

Thank you and here's something to get every one motivated (halal police, for the love of God, please stay away. The context is motivation and fitness. No one shall InshaAllah fear falling into sin):

@Marbles @starlight @magma @notme @Ruq @Hasnain Ali1 @johnnyjoy @DigitalUmmah @baradar_jackson @LeftCoastMom @hameedeh @StrugglingForTheLight @Chaotic Muslem @blu115 @abbas110 @mina @Bakir

Edited by magma

I love the new tag feature. Im almost at the point where im thinking 'how did we survive without the tag feature?'.

Okay, i will cheer you on from the sidelines post-73242-0-10033300-1363039692.gifyou can do it Abbas.!

Just now, Ruq said:

I love the new tag feature. Im almost at the point where im thinking 'how did we survive without the tag feature?'.

Okay, i will cheer you on from the sidelines post-73242-0-10033300-1363039692.gifyou can do it Abbas.!

haha thanks!

Did extra 10 for your bear! Don't forget to visit tomorrow. I need lots of motivation :clap:

@DigitalUmmah

Woah! brother that was one motivating video. I should watch it every day religiously. Just pushed my limits and did 30 consecutive push ups. Already done 50 for the day!! Who the man? :wOOt:

Will look forward to more of these in the coming weeks. You be my virtual trainer!

Go @Abbas.!

I want to improve strength and endurance and lose the "baby belly", but those are weak and unspecific ideas rather than good goals. 

Tag me and I'll do either 10 table pushups, or run up a flight of stairs.

I'd appreciate some help with a measurable and specific set of fitness goals suitable for a full-time mom who hardly gets to sit for 10 continuous minutes except while feeding the baby or sleeping.

2 hours ago, notme said:

Go @Abbas.!

I want to improve strength and endurance and lose the "baby belly", but those are weak and unspecific ideas rather than good goals. 

Tag me and I'll do either 10 table pushups, or run up a flight of stairs.

I'd appreciate some help with a measurable and specific set of fitness goals suitable for a full-time mom who hardly gets to sit for 10 continuous minutes except while feeding the baby or sleeping.

Thx! I think that if you are already active during the day, all you need is a good realistic and a believable diet plan. I would suggest you to calculate the number of calories you will burn if you were to stay in bed all day (calculate from the link below). Then try to keep your average daily calorie intake less than or equal to this figure. Rest is plain maths. The more calorie deficit the more you lose weight. Stick to organic food and reduce processed and junk food. Of course you can add lil bit of bonus activities to your daily routine such as being tagged several times a day and running up and down the stairs :wOOt: So let's get going soldier. I tags ye @notme Report to me when your done!

http://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/bmr-calculator.php

2 hours ago, hameedeh said:

@Abbas.

You can do it!

Thank you. Done! But this is just the beginning sis. You better keep motivating me on a regular basis.

2 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Push ups burn calories? I didn't know. Jog a mile each morning. Avoid all food which contains (1) sugar (2) oil (3) starch. The result will be a slim Abbas within days.

I generally do circuit training and have a disciplined diet plan. I had to resort to these at-home activities cz I have a twisted ankle and time is flying. Daily calorie deficit is 1000 per day so all is good. Just need words of wisdom and motivation coming from you guys. thx  

1 hour ago, Vestige said:

What gets me through my day, every day..

...Nice and simple.

Exactly! Just Did it.... :dwarf:  See ye tomorrow !

1 hour ago, LeftCoastMom said:

My daughter had to go through this for three weeks be allowed to participate in a sailing program run by the Navy.

So you can get to your goal,too!

Thanks LCM!  I love this kinda training. Really tests our limits. I'm gonna take a short break now. Will complete remaining squats shortly...

By being physically fit, you are helping yourself by preparing for Imam Mahdi a.s.

I'm sorry if I sound corny, but here goes.

Get those reps in..you never know when some anti-islamic thugs might try to get the beat on you, especially if you live in the city.

The only kind of pain i enjoy feeling is the destruction and reparation of muscle fibers..it makes me feel good that I've done good for my body.

There's no doubt many of us here would stop making mutah threads and teary-eyed posts complaining about loneliness and lack of confidence if we'd make it a point to hit the gym routinely.

I promise to make some more so that I can see you all do well. Oh, and don't forget to eat leaves and fruits.

It's been a year since i've dropped soda. I still eat rather poorly but my face isn't as pudgy anymore. My jawline is starting to get sharper too. Starting to feel the ladies eyeing me more often :)

Edited by blu115

Did 20 mints on treadmil today. Better than the previous 10 mints. Heart rate reached 160 plus before I went totally breathless. The pain on my ankle faded after the stretching exercises. Maybe the day I do 3 hours of excersise without turning dizzy is coming!

@Abbas. (I hope tags work through mobile).

push UPS will make you build muscles. Do some cycling or running to burn belly fats, see how much dad space there is in your lungs.

Edited by Chaotic Muslem

16 hours ago, blu115 said:

By being physically fit, you are helping yourself by preparing for Imam Mahdi a.s.

I'm sorry if I sound corny, but here goes.

Get those reps in..you never know when some anti-islamic thugs might try to get the beat on you, especially if you live in the city.

The only kind of pain i enjoy feeling is the destruction and reparation of muscle fibers..it makes me feel good that I've done good for my body.

There's no doubt many of us here would stop making mutah threads and teary-eyed posts complaining about loneliness and lack of confidence if we'd make it a point to hit the gym routinely.

I promise to make some more so that I can see you all do well. Oh, and don't forget to eat leaves and fruits.

Thanks !  Starting my morning with 30 Push Ups

Here's a tag for you @blu115 to push your limit for the day. Good luck and don't forget to report back with your progress.

13 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

Did 20 mints on treadmil today. Better than the previous 10 mints. Heart rate reached 160 plus before I went totally breathless. The pain on my ankle faded after the stretching exercises. Maybe the day I do 3 hours of excersise without turning dizzy is coming!

@Abbas. (I hope tags work through mobile).

push UPS will make you build muscles. Do some cycling or running to burn belly fats, see how much dad space there is in your lungs.

Good job Chaotic. I like running as a good stress release. Currently sticking to basic at-home workouts cz of the sprained ankle

Here's a tag @Chaotic Muslem for you to push your limit from 20 minutes to 25 !! Look forward to hearing from your sore soul

7 hours ago, DennisRodman said:

I soo love this speech! Have probably watched it a hundred times before and received the motivation I needed by watching it again. thx 10 Push ups it is.... Keep tagging brother...

@Abbas. with utmost regret I am informing you that I won't be able to give you 20, 10 or for that matter any number of push ups. :sorry2: It's not that I didn't  try, I did try ... very hard, I have been googling inspirational quotes  and videos since yesterday but......................

...........my faith keeps me from posting them here. 

see this hadiths: 

That you desire for others what you desire for yourself and do not desire for others what you do not desire for yourself" (Musnad Ahmed).

None of you will believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself. [Bukharee & Muslim]

Since I am a faithful muslima who believes body fat deposits are a thing to be loved and have no desire to do push ups myself  I cannot 'desire' them for you.

Does this ^ mean minus 20 pushups??? :grin:

Edited by starlight