LeftCoastMom

Bacon Health Risks

An american ignorance incident happened to me once that I will never forget.

American tourist asking mina:

-Where is the Reichstag?

-You mean Bundestag-Building?

-yes,where Hitler rules.

-Hitler is dead.

-Oh really,I am so sorry.

I thought he was joking first bcoz I couldn't believe what he had said but the I saw his sad face expression when he condoled me for Hitler's death.....

Really? That's absolutely sad and a huge slap to the face to the German people who lost so much to that raving lunatic . Sorry that my country is full of bumbling idiots, that guy probably voted for Bush and Obama twice. Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

-Where is the Reichstag?

-You mean Bundestag-Building?

-yes,where Hitler rules.

-Hitler is dead.

-Oh really,I am so sorry.

I thought he was joking first bcoz I couldn't believe what he had said but the I saw his sad face expression when he condoled me for Hitler's death.....

Sorry you had to go through that. Most 'Murcans aren't quite that stupid. Most grandparents fought in that war.

:lol: Better than towel heads

Unfortunately he's been called that, too. And a few more besides. I don't regularly check the latest edition of the Big Golden Book of Ethnic Insults, but there were some even I hadn't heard of.

I blush.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

I did something similar in Germany. It was my first trip and I was 13. I started talking to an elderly couple and I asked him what he did in the war. Which I later learnt you just don't do. Unsurprisingly, he said that he worked in the Post Office.

Questions on the carcinogenicity of the consumption of red meat and processed meat that are answered. (IARC is the International Agency for Research on Cancer)

1. What do you consider as red meat?

2. What do you consider as processed meat?

3. Why did IARC choose to evaluate red meat and processed meat?

4. Do methods of cooking meat change the risk?

5. What are the safest methods of cooking meat (e.g. sautéing, boiling, broiling, or barbecuing)?

6. Is eating raw meat safer?

7. Red meat was classified as Group 2A, probably carcinogenic to humans. What does this mean exactly?

8. Processed meat was classified as Group 1, carcinogenic to humans. What does this mean?

9. Processed meat was classified as carcinogenic to humans (Group 1). Tobacco smoking and asbestos are also both classified as carcinogenic to humans (Group 1). Does it mean that consumption of processed meat is as carcinogenic as tobacco smoking and asbestos?

10. What types of cancers are linked or associated with eating red meat?

11. What types of cancers are linked or associated with eating processed meat?

12. How many cancer cases every year can be attributed to consumption of processed meat and red meat?

13. Could you quantify the risk of eating red meat and processed meat?

14. Is the risk higher in children, in elderly people, in women, or in men? Are some people more at risk?

15. What about people who have had colon cancer? Should they stop eating red meat?

16. Should I stop eating meat?

17. How much meat is it safe to eat?

18. What makes red meat and processed meat increase the risk of cancer?

19. Can you compare the risk of eating red meat with the risk of eating processed meat?

20. What is WHO’s health recommendation to prevent cancer risk associated with eating red meat and processed meat?

21. Should we eat only poultry and fish?

22. Should we be vegetarians?

23. Is there a type of red meat that is safer?

24. Could the preservation method influence the risk (e.g. salting, deep-freezing, or irradiation)?

25. How many studies were evaluated?

26. How many experts were involved in the evaluation?

27. What actions do you think governments should take based on your results?

http://www.who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/