LeftCoastMom

Bacon Health Risks

we dont eat pork nor any of the sorts that they mentioned. hot dog etcetc 

just slaughter a healthy lamb, take the meat closer to bone, cook it well, then say bismillah and eat

That was sort of my point. ;-) SG will be teasing us ..although we don't like pork in our family.

Did they really need to release a report to announce that pig fat fried in oil is bad for you?

Not pork only...

Monday was a rough day for bacon lovers, as well as for fans of hot dogs, sausage and salami. That's when a report by a cancer research group from the World Health Organization announced that there was sufficient evidence from epidemiological studies to show that eating processed meat can cause colorectal cancer in people.

The researchers also classified processed meat as a human carcinogen, or cancer-causing agent. 

The news for people who eat steaks and other unprocessed red meat was only slightly better. After reviewing data from more than 800 studies that looked at the link between the consumption of red meat or processed meat and the risk of certain cancers, the panel of 22 scientists categorized red meat as probably causing cancer.

^

Those people know nothing.

They should study the effect of ummodified red meat vs modified red meat. Modified in sense of being conceived naturally, eating non organic food, not receiving any medications , not drinking polluted water...

Then we should see what's exactly in the red meat that causes cancer. They make me feel that humans lived on this earth only recently.

In Britain, we have the right-wing loonies and their conspiracy theories that there was a Muzlim plot to get the World Health Organisation to release this report...........

The World Health Organisation says bacon is carcinogenic and right-wingers think it's a Muslim conspiracy

Posted 4 days ago by Evan Bartlett in offbeat

The world was rocked by news on Monday that the World Health Organisation declaringbacon, sausages and other processed meats cause cancer.

While some hinted at underhand influence from the "Quorn lobby", others on the far-right appear convinced that the WHO announcement is part of a Muslim/Islam/Halal/Sharia conspiracy.

Er, right...

At least one person called it though:

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/the-world-health-organisation-says-bacon-is-carcinogenic-and-rightwingers-think-its-a-muslim-conspiracy--ZJLDa_0B_l

Some other Muzlem take overs, including Sesame street:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/if-you-think-muslims-are-behind-the-latest-bacon-cancer-warning-youll-be-terrified-at-what-else-were-a6712216.html

Edited by Jaafar Al-Shibli
On Request.

I don't get it... leftcoastmom are u muslim ?

^ No she's not

Sometimes

lol, sometimes she sounds muslim and sometimes she doesn't. I thought she was sunni at first.

Lol! With all due respect to you learned and wise ladies and gentlemen ( Baradar paid me what I think is a compliment?!! )

I do not sound like any of you. You occasionally sound like me. We came first....;-)

post-183511-0-39117300-1446305956.jpg

Off-topic, but how does one sound muslim? 

It took me a few posts to realise that LCM wasn't Muslim.

It's just that she's taking part in some of the more social/personal threads. In contrast, non-Muslims tend to focus on the more political threads, often with views that challenge the standard ones which dominate here, or they deal with issues to do with interfaith dialogue.

Hmmmm...looking back, thought it was evident my family wasn't Muslim in my first post. Guess I could have been clearer. I have no idea what I say that sounds " Muslim" to you,but considering Abrahamic religions share very many theological foundation points, it probably shouldn't surprise me. I like talking to a lot of people in a lot of places and sites about a lot of things when I have time on the 'puter. I have likely gleaned as much regarding the underpinnings of SG's hegemony from the social forums as I have from the religio-political ones. And it is enjoyable for me,too. I like learning things. The creators ,moderators, and participants here try very hard to make this a workable space for dialogue. I have no idea why the Shia want to do this, but it's fortunate for me that they do.

Now I have to go roast pumpkin seeds....and no bacon!

Edited by LeftCoastMom

I think they meant LeftCoast shares similar ideological views; charity, humanity, modesty, etc. Christians are naturally close to us because they are People of the Book and we are called to treat each other with kindness. I find Christians the most open towards Shiite Muslims specifically.

^ So glad you think that. That is sweet! In reality, I don't think most Christians or anyone else in my area know that Muslims come in more than one flavor, though. People need to get out more. Ethnicities also are difficult for some, it seems. Someone told SG the other day " You know..you look like you come from...I dunno...Aladdin's people?" ( He said he found that so darn amusing he just couldn't even be offended.)

^ So glad you think that. That is sweet! In reality, I don't think most Christians or anyone else in my area know that Muslims come in more than one flavor, though. People need to get out more. Ethnicities also are difficult for some, it seems. Someone told SG the other day " You know..you look like you come from...I dunno...Aladdin's people?" ( He said he found that so darn amusing he just couldn't even be offended.)

:lol: Better than towel heads 

An american ignorance incident happened to me once that I will never forget.

American tourist asking mina:

-Where is the Reichstag?

-You mean Bundestag-Building?

-yes,where Hitler rules.

-Hitler is dead.

-Oh really,I am so sorry.

I thought he was joking first bcoz I couldn't believe what he had said but the I saw his sad face expression when he condoled me for Hitler's death.....

Edited by mina313