Sign in to follow this  
rsdkpax

Anybody In Amsterdam, Netherlands

Dear All, 

Salam.

I wanted to ask if there is any center in Amsterdam, Netherlands where I can go for prayers, and/or attend majalis.

Your reply would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Rasheed Hussain

salam,

I looked through a few other threads, but I didn't find anything. I saw this on wiki, doesn't look promising:

The history of the settlement of the Twelver Shiites in the Netherlands goes back to the 1960s.[1] A small group of Pakistani-Indian Shiites came during the 1960s, the Pakistanis as refugees, the Indians came to work (the number of Indian-Pakistani in the Netherlands at the present time is around 500 individuals, they established a Husayniyya in Amsterdam in 1976 under the name of Idāra Ja'fariyya. This place is considered the first place for worship established by Twelver Shia community in the Netherlands.[1] This Husayniyya does not have a permanent place until the present time. The community hire a place only in the weekend from the community center in order to perform their religious and social occasions. This community has a permanent Husayniyya in the Hague under the name Mahfil-e-'Alī established in 1992.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_Islam_in_the_Netherlands

Wa alikum alsalam,

Sorry for late reply, I have already seen this thread.

I sent an e-mail to one of the islamic centers there about if there is a mosque there,

so they told me that there is a hussainiyah in Amsterdam.

Here is the page on facebook if you want to get some information:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004906960959&fref=ts.

There are majalis for 10 days in Arabic.

I hope this helps.