Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

Largest Shia Mosque Opens In Copenhagen

Allahuma sali ala Muhammad wa Ali Muhammad!

The first shia masjid opens in Copenhagen. Guess who also attended the open ceremony? Sheikh Habib al-Kadhimi (ha).

20151001-140517-l-600x396we.jpg

12049399_955175337874685_418720321284325

Here you see Sheikh Habib Kadheimi (ha) sitting - a very well known scholar.

Denmark’s largest Shia Muslim mosque opened in Copenhagen on Thursday. 

The Imam Ali Mosque is located on Vibevej in Copenhagen’s Nordvest district. The 2,100 square metre mosque is topped by a turquoise dome and two 32-metre minarets and has space for 1,500 people. 

The Imam Ali mosque has been in the works since 2009, when plans for its construction were approved by the City of Copenhagen. The new facility has billed itself as “one mosque for all” and has promised services in a variety of languages. 

In an invitaiton to its official opening, the Imam Ali Mosque stressed that everyone was welcome. 

“Imam Ali Mosque wants to start a competion between similar faith societies to see who can be the most open to the local community. Therefore we look forward to seeing all residents, Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Everyone is welcome, regardless of gender, race, ethnic origin, religion, faith, handicap, age or sexual orientation,” the Facebook event read. 

“Imam Ali Mosque wants to start a competion between similar faith societies to see who can be the most open to the local community. Therefore we look forward to seeing all residents, Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Everyone is welcome, regardless of gender, race, ethnic origin, religion, faith, handicap, age or sexual orientation,” the Facebook event read. 

hhmm

Edited by Haji 2003
The full quote would hide the bit you wanted to focus on

hhmm

Salam,

Same here. Reading this feels terrible. How can those who claim to be the partisans of the Prophet and of Amir al Mominin be scared by the gay lobby ?

May Allah save us. I would never go to such a mosque, be it the largest in Europe, Africa or Asia.

Salam,

Same here. Reading this feels terrible. How can those who claim to be the partisans of the Prophet and of Amir al Mominin be scared by the gay lobby ?

May Allah save us. I would never go to such a mosque, be it the largest in Europe, Africa or Asia.

Hopefully it's just to allow people who have claimed asylum on account of being gay (falsely, obviously) to be able to visit the mosque without Danish immigration becoming suspicious.

Salam,

Listen, you cannot write in a democratic country "We say that gays are not allowed in our mosque", imagine how bashing they would get. Now, they didn't write that being gay is acceptable, but rather that they are allowed to enter. Read #9, pretty sums it up.

as salamu alaykum,

my husband is pouring thru his books for a riawayh, we had a nice amal and jashn, today, I still have by 2hrs on libairy cpu, anyway all people here made good points, however there is a happy medium. at the hussaynia we run, my husband simply made a rule, that we will non stop any gays who want to come to majalis, dars, etc. (none have come yet) but they can not bring boyfriends hug men, serve food etc. we also do not give them shaddah until (if any came) they stop being gay.

5 6 7 8 we support the ahlul bayt!

Listen, you cannot write in a democratic country "We say that gays are not allowed in our mosque", imagine how bashing they would get. Now, they didn't write that being gay is acceptable, but rather that they are allowed to enter. Read #9, pretty sums it up.

Salam,

Why not simply skipping the gay friendly (and by the way hypocritical) speech?

Why not allowing alcohol in our mosques if this is a standard in the West?

We can not be Islamic and condone attitudes which Allah almighty disapproves and for which He destroyed entire cities.

It feels terrible that some issues bece taboo. Heck, homosexuality used to be a taboo thing. Now you have to pretendy it'all good out of fear?

At least avoid the topic for God's sake, you are religious people.

Salam,

Should we also bar those who commit adultery, lie, cheat, and commit other sins from the mosque? They are not condoning homosexuality, they are permitting those that commit homosexual acts to enter; there is a huge difference. Similar to what was said by other members, how do you expect people to come to Islam if they are prevented from even entering a mosque? We sometimes confuse the sin with the individual. There are countless other sins that people commit and still enter mosques, should we prevent them as well? If one can be forgiven for other sins, why cannot someone who commits homosexual acts also seek repentance and forgiveness in the house of Allah swt as well?

If they are saying they " want to start a competition between similar faith societies to see who can be most open to the local community", that is pretty darn welcoming to all. :-) Doesn't appear that they intend to just " tolerate" folks, IMHO.