Sign in to follow this  
Khudayar

Imam Khamenei Joking

The first one the young man stands up and mumbles something, then Ayatollah Khamenei inquires him to speak up or come closer. When he does, it becomes apparent that the young man wanted his ring. So Ayatollah Khamenei says i will tell them to bring you a ring, and from what Ayatollah khamenei says, apparently the young man comments something in the line of "No, i want your ring" which results in Ayatollah Khamenei saying, "it is my ring". 

This is not a joke though, it's just a funny situation. The last one isn't funny if you don't know Iran and Iranian culture. 

He tells a story about a mashadi kid speaking with mashadi accent where he says to his father: "I found a mattock made of gold" 
The father says: "where is it?"

The kid says: "I lost it"

The moral of the story, I think, is that this dude in the audience is bragging about some money thing, and Ayatollah Khamenei says this story to hint that it's pointless if you haven't spent it well or wasted it. 

The first one the young man stands up and mumbles something, then Ayatollah Khamenei inquires him to speak up or come closer. When he does, it becomes apparent that the young man wanted his ring. So Ayatollah Khamenei says i will tell them to bring you a ring, and from what Ayatollah khamenei says, apparently the young man comments something in the line of "No, i want your ring" which results in Ayatollah Khamenei saying, "it is my ring". 

This is not a joke though, it's just a funny situation. The last one isn't funny if you don't know Iran and Iranian culture. 

He tells a story about a mashadi kid speaking with mashadi accent where he says to his father: "I found a mattock made of gold" 

The father says: "where is it?"

The kid says: "I lost it"

The moral of the story, I think, is that this dude in the audience is bragging about some money thing, and Ayatollah Khamenei says this story to hint that it's pointless if you haven't spent it well or wasted it. 

Salam Repenter,

Thanks for explaining. :)

That is a great lesson.

Peace and God bless you