Sign in to follow this  
Chaotic Muslem

Be Mindful Of What You Eat

Salam

It seems some authorities of health in America were changed and the health system is pushed to go to the right direction again.

I am not sure what's happening on the top, but I am seeing change and truthfulness coming from previously hushed voices , voices that maybe called conspiracy  theories or pseudo science.

It is not ALL sugars and All carbs that are harmful. It isn't the salt. It isn't the less activity that is killing us. It is simply all these canned foods being preserved with chemical weapons by products from WW2 waste.

But at least this video is saying something correct. Almost all canned food contain ridiculous amount of sugars in form of corn syrup. even the non sweet food like salsa.

If you are living in warm enough place to grow your own garden, do it. Eat the food from your own land, meals from your own kitchen and the medicine from your own fridge.

This issue is especially prevalent in families of poverty. Unfortunately, the healthy, organic foods are highly expensive (raspberries almost 5 dollars!), and the pre-made, packaged, canned, and frozen meals are incredibly cheap. So, I ask when you live in poverty and have a family to feed naturally you would choose a frozen meal to feed your family over spending countless dollars on expensive, healthy ingredients. For example, I made buttered lamb the other day (not the poster child of healthy but) and I had to buy--carrots, cauliflower, tomatoes, heavy cream, greek yogurt, olive oil, etc. etc. The meal was almost 30 dollars! Imagine a family in poverty, naturally they would choose a quick 5 dollar meal over a 30 dollar one.

^This is a big issue. Some cities are trying to help by letting people use EBT cards at Farmers Markets and other farm- to -people programs, but there needs to be a systemic change, IMO, as well as a major local foods and food sovereignty movement.

Reducing Fructose Intake Associated with Metabolic Benefits in Obese Kids in 10 Days

By Amy Orciari Herman

Edited by David G. Fairchild, MD, MPH, and Lorenzo Di Francesco, MD, FACP, FHM

Cutting back on fructose intake leads to improvements in metabolic markers in obese children, according to a small, short-term study in Obesity.

Forty-three obese U.S. children (age, 8-18 years) with metabolic syndrome and high sugar intake followed a diet for 9 days that replaced added sugar with starch. The goal was to reduce total sugar intake to 10% of daily calories, and fructose intake to 4%, while maintaining baseline caloric intake and weight. All food was provided by the researchers.

By day 10, most participants had lost weight (mean, 0.9 kg). After adjustment for weight change, significant improvements were seen in a wide range of metabolic markers. For example, diastolic blood pressure decreased by an average of 4.9 mm Hg, fasting glucose by 0.3 mmol/L, fasting insulin by 53%, fasting triglycerides by 46%, and fasting LDL cholesterol by 0.3 mmol/L.

The authors write: "This study argues that the health detriments of sugar, and fructose specifically, are independent of its caloric value or effects on weight."

- See more at: http://www.jwatch.org/fw110787/2015/10/28/reducing-fructose-intake-associated-with-metabolic#sthash.LffZGgSq.dpuf

Fructose isn't the only component of junk and fast food. Also, other bottled food contain high fructose corn syrup. For example, check your katchup and other food dressings. 

keep healthy, stay away from anything that didn't grow up in your garden

if you dont have garden, get one

This website contains a lot of research-based advice about how people can better manage their food consumption:

For example, in terms of eating at buffet restaurants:

Patron behaviors persistently associated with greater number of trips to the buffet, after controlling for BMI, included: serving themselves immediately rather than surveying options, and using larger plates. The type of seating, napkin placement, and choice of utensil were not associated with the number of trips made to the buffet.

http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/content/eating-behaviors-and-number-buffet-trips-observational-study-all-you-can-eat-chinese

So next time make sure you survey the whole set of options available before serving yourself and use a smaller plate.

This website contains a lot of research-based advice about how people can better manage their food consumption:

For example, in terms of eating at buffet restaurants:

http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/content/eating-behaviors-and-number-buffet-trips-observational-study-all-you-can-eat-chinese

So next time make sure you survey the whole set of options available before serving yourself and use a smaller plate.

If there is one single field in medicine and science that is a model for corruption of the universities, it will be nutrition. Your best bet is ahlulbayt advices and the conspiracy theorists in this area...trust me.

If there is one single field in medicine and science that is a model for corruption of the universities, it will be nutrition. Your best bet is ahlulbayt advices and the conspiracy theorists in this area...trust me.

I think it's worth assessing the findings on their merits. For instance they find:

Overall, the amount of calories that customers initially ordered was similar regardless of the dining atmosphere. Interestingly, results showed that although customers in the fine dining atmosphere ate for 4.7% longer, they ate less than their fast food counterparts *6% vs. 95%). Furthermore, not only were the people in the fine dining atmosphere no more likely to order additional food, but, when they did, it contained 14% fewer calories than participants in the fast food atmosphere. Participants in the fine dining condition also rated the food higher than those in the fast food condition.

http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/summaries/musiclight

I think the advice to eat slowly and focus on the food is consistent with hadiths. Looking at a range of their outputs, they seem to be the good guys. But happy to be corrected.

Overall, the amount of calories that customers initially ordered was similar regardless of the dining atmosphere. Interestingly, results showed that although customers in the fine dining atmosphere ate for 4.7% longer, they ate less than their fast food counterparts *6% vs. 95%). Furthermore, not only were the people in the fine dining atmosphere no more likely to order additional food, but, when they did, it contained 14% fewer calories than participants in the fast food atmosphere. Participants in the fine dining condition also rated the food higher than those in the fast food condition.

Why it is important to put value of food in its calories?