Sign in to follow this  
mrs. Zia

Acid Reflux During Pregnancy

I am 3 months pregnant and I have too much pain in stomach feel pressure in stomach after eating n feeling of vomit... n even I do vomit once or twice a week and it is so bitter and hot that my mouth gets swollen and starts hurting... I have even taken medicines but useless they too create pressure on stomach plz tell me what to do

Salam,
Vomiting usually gets better after the 1st trimester( first 3 months) of pregnancy is over... So you should expect some relief in the next couple of weeks.
I would advise you to stay away from any medicines.
Eat 6-7 small meals a day instead of 3 large meals, avoid spicy or oily food. Try eating a bowl of yogurt everyday with a teaspoonful of ispaghula husk added to it.
Apples are good for relieving nausea but don't eat more than half at a time as they can make you feel full. Stay hydrated, if you feel like munching, crackers and nuts are good choices.
Have a safe pregnancy and may Allah bless you with a healthy baby!

Congratulations on your pregnancy, mrs. Zia! During my third pregnancy I experienced the "morning sickness" and it slowly went away after the first three months. InshaAllah you feel better very soon.

Salam I hope you are well.

There are many causes of nausea and vomiting, pregnancy is one of them. If this is something that you suffered from before the pregnancy then you should seek help from your doctor.

If you are having constipation or flatulence then you may try to fix them as well.

If you are having abdominal pain especially lower abdominal pain and back pain that is very sever, seek medical help.

if the vomiting and loss of appetite made you dehydrated, seek medical help. They usually give vitamin B6 in moderate to mild cases to control nausea, some women use gums for the drooling. But sever cases require admission to hospital.

Otherwise, if this is your first pregnancy and it is just the morning sickness of the pregnancy, follow the steps that Sister Star offered, it won't fade over one night. It will get better soon In sha Allah. Morning sickness in normal pregnancy is a good sign that the pregnancy is going in the right direction.

You can stop acid reflux during pregnancy by doing following things

• Eat smaller meals more frequently and avoid drinking while eating. Drink water in between meals instead.
  • Eat slowly and chew every bite thoroughly.
  • Avoid eating a few hours before bed.
  • Avoid those foods and beverages that trigger your heartburn. Typical culprits include: chocolate, fatty foods, spicy foods, acidic foods like citrus fruits and tomato-based items, carbonated beverages, and caffeine.
  • Stay upright for at least an hour after a meal. A leisurely walk may also encourage digestion.
  • Wear comfortable rather than tight-fitting clothing.
  • Maintain a healthy weight.
  • Use pillows or wedges to elevate your upper body while sleeping.
  • Sleep on your left side — lying on your right side will position your stomach higher than your esophagus, which may lead to heartburn.
  • Chew a piece of sugarless gum after meals. The increased saliva may neutralize any acid coming back up into the esophagus.
  • Eat yogurt or drink a glass of milk to quell symptoms once they start.
  • Add some honey to chamomile tea or a glass of warm milk.