Sign in to follow this  
Al-Khattati

Problems With Arabic Text On Office 365 For Mac

Rate this topic

Salams,

I recently acquired Microsoft Office 365 for my Mac. I am using words and I can type in Arabic fine. However, whenever I copy paste Arabic into the text the order of the words are reversed and sometimes the letter are disconnected. Word online presents no such problems.

I am assuming that right-left reading direction is not enabled on word 365 for some reason.

I have contacted microsoft tech support but none of them have a clue on how to fix my problem. I was hope someone here would have some sort of insight to the issue.

(salam)

Yeah, I've had the same issue. Being the low tech turkey that I am, instead of trying to figure out how to fix it, I just used google docs for when I need to use it and it seems to work fine.

Hope some computer whiz here knows how to solve it. 

(salam)

Yeah, I've had the same issue. Being the low tech turkey that I am, instead of trying to figure out how to fix it, I just used google docs for when I need to use it and it seems to work fine.

Hope some computer whiz here knows how to solve it. 

salams

So I figured out the problem (no thanks to the Microsoft techs). Office 365 for Mac doesn't have the RTL feature (right to left language) but it does have it for Windows although they do have the vertical features for East Asian languages. Anyone wanting Arabic on their word 365 needs to type it in directly or get a software that supports RTL, like Nisus or Milel.