My pedometer is over five years old. Unexpectedly the company will not allow me to upload data to their website. All the walking that I did recently did not register when I logged in today. They want me to buy a new model. I don't think so. I can use google maps to know how far I walked. Goodbye pedometer that was my healthy companion for five years.  :byecry: 

1 hour ago, hameedeh said:

@notme You said you got a fitbit pedometer. I want to get one, too, but there are so many different models. How do you decide which one to get? @everyone

I let my husband pick the one he wanted, then challenged him to a competition. :D 

The problem I have with fitbit is it doesn't count steps taken while pushing a stroller or shopping cart or carrying something (or someone) or even holding a small child's hand. I think it must count arm motions not change in location. Other than that, it's great. The model I have monitors heart rate, estimates calories burned, tracks walking and some other exercises automatically. The app provides for logging meals and snacks and water.

@hameedeh I'm experimenting with wearing the fitbit on my ankle. Some people on the internet are saying it gives a more accurate step count for people who use their hands while walking, but the accuracy of heart rate monitoring declines. After a few days I'll update on how well it does. I've got the one with the large wristband and it just barely fits my ankle, but some random internet people have improvised with rubber bands and such.

It makes a lousy watch when worn on the ankle. Having to look at my leg to know the time is awkward.

@notme My old pedometer was a bicep armband and I could wear it all the time. I wasn't a fan of the watch type pedometer because I was always worried that it would get wet and stop working, because I am always doing a lot of washing up.

I am planning to join a gym in one or two months. A relative is going to go with me, so I won't be alone and I won't be worried that anyone will talk to me about my hijab. :clap:

On 1/24/2016 at 6:53 PM, notme said:

I let my husband pick the one he wanted, then challenged him to a competition. :D 

Three of my relatives have a fitbit. I challenge two of them to see who can get the most steps in a Daily Showdown. The other one walks 20,000 steps a day. :surrender: