Sign in to follow this  
Ali_Hussain

Jumu'a Prayers In London Less Than 1 Farsakh Apart

assalam 'alaykum,

Has sayed Fadhil al-Milani moved or is he still in London?

I saw this on the ahlulbayt tv youtube channel:

(I went to that center once, from what I remember, it is the same)

The problem is that the Islamic Universal Association have been holding a Friday Prayer for years, I've prayer behind sayed Milani there before. According the google maps, there is only 2.6 miles between them

https://www.google.be/maps/dir/20+Penzance+Pl,+London+W11+4PG,+UK/Chevening+Rd,+London,+UK/@51.520916,-0.2422749,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x48760fddf836c6a9:0xc27fea923e2f319!2m2!1d-0.2119737!2d51.5088592!1m5!1m1!1s0x487610405d772ae7:0x99376f2f7a9b5bef!2m2!1d-0.2134717!2d51.5369262?hl=en

Sayed Sistani says:

The distance between the two places where Namaze-Jumuah are offered should not be less than one Farsakh (3 miles). Hence if the distance between the two places is lesser and both the prayers commence at one and the same time both will be void. And if one of those prayers precedes the other (even to the extent of Takbiratul-ehram i.e. the first Takbir) the one which precedes will be in order and the other will be void. If, it transpires after the Namaz-e-Jumuah is over that another Namaz-e-Jumuah had commenced earlier or simultaneously at a distance of less than farsakh, it will not be obligatory to offer Zuhr prayers. It is immaterial whether this information is received within the time or later. Moreover, a Namaz-e-Jumuah can stop another from being held within the stipulated distance only if it is itself valid, comprising of all conditions, otherwise it cannot have any prohibitive effect.

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2201/

Is this problematic?

Yes it is a problem. It is also a problem in Dearborn where I live. 

There are two masjids that both hold Salat Al Jummah and are less than 3 miles apart. 

I go to the one that holds the Salat first, and even then I do dhuhr ihtiyyat. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Yes it is a problem. It is also a problem in Dearborn where I live. 

There are two masjids that both hold Salat Al Jummah and are less than 3 miles apart. 

I go to the one that holds the Salat first, and even then I do dhuhr ihtiyyat. 

Such a typical Shi'a thing to do, willing to ruin everyone's Friday Prayer over petty difference like who leads it.