baradar_jackson

The Nostalgia Thread

Rate this topic

Not sure how many of you used this 

old-radio.jpg

I still have one of my transistor radios. I tried it a few years ago but it didn't work.

Overall, PACMAN, slingshot and a couple of other things I recognized. The other stuff I do not even know what they are.

I guess I am soooooo 20th Century.

I still have one of my transistor radios. I tried it a few years ago but it didn't work.

Overall, PACMAN, slingshot and a couple of other things I recognized. The other stuff I do not even know what they are.

I guess I am soooooo 20th Century.

A transistor radio is a must-have to survive a zombie apocalypse.

We have a transistor radio that we picked up in an antique store. It works fine except there is a loose connection in the battery compartment. I can easily fix it, but haven't yet.

My little brother had some blocks that consisted of knuckly knobs, beams, and panels. They were blue and grey plastic, and awesome fun. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and what they were called? I'd like to find a set to play with....I mean for my kids, of course.

The best. kids show. evaaaaaaaaaaa

"Madreseye Moosh ha" (Mouse School)

To this day, I can't even talk to my sister without at least one mouse school reference to come up. You all should feel very bad about yourselves for not having this show.

My favorite revolution nasheed:

I will translate the lyrics for yous guys soon inshAllah.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Please explain the rules of the game Pattu Garam. What does the name mean?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittu_GaramGaram

Pittu Garam (Seven Stones) is a traditional South Asian game played between two teams. The game requires a tennis ball and set of seven stones which can be stacked up to form a small tower. The aim of the game is to be able to break the tower and then rebuild it before getting hit by one of the opponent.

We have a transistor radio that we picked up in an antique store. It works fine except there is a loose connection in the battery compartment. I can easily fix it, but haven't yet.

My little brother had some blocks that consisted of knuckly knobs, beams, and panels. They were blue and grey plastic, and awesome fun. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and what they were called? I'd like to find a set to play with....I mean for my kids, of course.

Are the "beams" shaped like steel beams (which have trapezoidal ends) and steel posts (round on one end, square on the other) ?

I was just wondering if anyone else played pithu garam :D

Here it is called haft (seven) sang(stones):

%D9%87%D9%81%D8%AA-%D8%B3%D9%86%DA%AF.jp

Some international and national ones: 

Drink it cold:

Ghadim-Pic-016.jpg

Water pistol (Tofang ab pash!):

489713_sdk1eoHc.jpg

Ikkyu San:

Oghabe Asia:

37146_971.jpg

2014_2_4_16_17_47.tif.jpg

Hmmm...:...:

1010.jpg

My nostalgia:

2015-bmw-i8.jpg?e1be4f Do people still use these cars where you live?!!! 

Are the "beams" shaped like steel beams (which have trapezoidal ends) and steel posts (round on one end, square on the other) ?

I would describe the beams as "U-beams" and the connectors are hollow cubes with a knob on each side for snapping on the beams. I think they might have been called construx or something like that. Checking Google images......

Yeah, these: http://construxion.tripod.com/

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Sister.

Thank you sister starlight for the explanation. I found this video explaining it in detail. Looks like a lot of fun.

Watch "Naagolchuu!" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/0y2BI16NbWE

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittu_GaramGaram

Pittu Garam (Seven Stones) is a traditional South Asian game played between two teams. The game requires a tennis ball and set of seven stones which can be stacked up to form a small tower. The aim of the game is to be able to break the tower and then rebuild it before getting hit by one of the opponent.

Edited by Laayla

Guys I don't want to start a sectarian war here.

And let me preface by saying: I prefer both the Saturn and the N64, to the PS1.

But... BUT...

That intro sequence though...

I'm sorry that intro sequence is awesome.

Bro HH that's not even the best Mario Kart game.

I honestly dislike Super Mario Kart. It's nothing special. It wasn't even anything special for the time. Outrun and F-Zero were on home consoles at the time and they are far better.

Just my opinion, of course. I never understood the fascination with Super Mario Kart. It's merely "OK" but has the reputation as being so amazazing. Mario Kart 64 is the first REAL Mario Kart game, I would say. Battle mode, better weapons, more emphasis on the combat side of things, better and more varied tracks, etc...

But I think we should lay down some rules:

1) No haraam stuff. I don't care how fun it was when you crashed your car while blasting "100 Miles and Runnin" on the stereo, don't bring it up here.

2) Don't insult other people's nostalgia. That's none of your beeswax.

Bro HH that's not even the best Mario Kart game.

I honestly dislike Super Mario Kart. It's nothing special. It wasn't even anything special for the time. Outrun and F-Zero were on home consoles at the time and they are far better.

Just my opinion, of course. I never understood the fascination with Super Mario Kart. It's merely "OK" but has the reputation as being so amazazing. Mario Kart 64 is the first REAL Mario Kart game, I would say. Battle mode, better weapons, more emphasis on the combat side of things, better and more varied tracks, etc...

When will you grow up Mr. Anime D. Bag?

Edited by Darth Vader