baradar_jackson

The Nostalgia Thread

Rate this topic

I send baradar jackson 3 e-cheek kisses for posted fusen bubble gum. My mum calls it "ilich meeeyaaawa" (meeeyaaawa is a cat sound of iraqis, I think lol).

Wait it's called fusen? So it's Japanese, then?

We call it "adams khersi" (bear gum). We are kind of dumb though. I mean we call coca cola "black soda" and Fanta "yellow soda" (yes, yellow, not orange... don't ask me why). 

Wait it's called fusen? So it's Japanese, then?

We call it "adams khersi" (bear gum). We are kind of dumb though. I mean we call coca cola "black soda" and Fanta "yellow soda" (yes, yellow, not orange... don't ask me why). 

its called Fusen in Pakistan too - there used to be a tattoo like thing in these too - inside the wrapper if i remember right. we have it here now as well  :D

Edited by apofomysback

Although, not as old as the ones above but this is my first phone at age 13. It was the first Nokia flip phone. I still have it and despite the hundreds of scratches on it, crack on it's mini front screen and the numerous times that I dropped it throughout the years, it still functions well up until now, lol.

nokia-6101-m.jpg

Let's see if my iphone will survive that long the same way 10 years from now. :lol:

So are you suggesting that we may be too old bc your phone is not as old as the ones above :p ?

Btw, I've had my iphone for 3 years and it was in perfect condition, I was proud of myself because almost anyone else I know had a cracked screen or scratches or something..... and the day came..... yesterday it fell and cracked my screen :'( I hate getting new phones or new anything when mine still works, I'm glad the phone had mercy on me and only cracked the bottom left corner so I can still read everything but it's sad anyway :( I'm gonna preserve until its last breath and keep it for many years to come.

I remember having my eye on some blue steel coloured high tops for ages, but i ended up getting patent yellow Doc martens with red laces :P

I never could afford Docs. When my mohawked, pink haired, leather jacketed friends were sporting Docs, I wore real, genuine army boots.

Anyone old enough to remember getting free trial of AOL in the junk mail at least monthly? And also along with just about any software you bought.

My first computer had a 30 MB hard drive, and people didn't even talk about RAM back then. It was super high tech, because it also had a "math co-processor". It ran DOS and Windows 3.1. Most of my programs were DOS based. If you wanted to run Windows, you had to start it up.

You are all a canned kids

big-ant-48510.jpg

KhaledSafi_69.JPG

Using magnifying lens, we used to concentrate the sun rays on those bugs and they blew up really, it was out fun.

199087408_17ddd8df7022-300x232.jpg

siblings-balancing-walking-row-stone-wal

Many scars on my legs still till today from climbing trees and walking on high walls then jumping down or low walls but sometimes the jump isn't wide enough to avoid scratching the wall, specially in a hit and run game.

hqdefault.jpg

We climbed up pretty much anything!

In war games, it is the water baloons

670px-Survive-a-Water-Balloon-Fight-Step

water-balloon-425ce.jpg

the live act and recitation of jin stories by the moon light

a92ys34wx6162694.jpg

Whatever was that angered them, JUST RUN, lol run until the air is out of your chest and laugh loud at it lol and enjoy the moment before it is time of punishment.

250.jpg

CM

Why torture the ants? Did they do anything to you?

Also, bro: I am sure all of us played outside, too. It's just that grass and dirty aren't nostalgic because... uh... grass and dirt are all around us.

More memories for you dirty majoos:

189258_456315764412953_1775048676_n-_www

These plastic "gol koochik" balls were very cruddy. So to make them last longer we would cut open one of them and put it into the other. Little kids = engineers

Edited by baradar_jackson

You are all a canned kids

big-ant-48510.jpg

KhaledSafi_69.JPG

Using magnifying lens, we used to concentrate the sun rays on those bugs and they blew up really, it was out fun.

umm i was wondering - like baradar - why torture these poor things?  :unsure:

I used to collect up a batch of frog eggs in the spring, find a shady spot in my backyard to set up a tank, and grow them to tadpoles, then to frogs.

We also brought home rock lizards, turtles, salamanders, praying mantises, fireflies (of course!), the occasional cat, and one friendly dog which my parents wouldn't let us keep. Except for the praying mantises, which we once kept all summer, and the annual frogs, which we kept until they hopped away, we always kept them for a day or two then released them.

So far my own kids have only brought home flowers, and my husband once found a colorful turtle :wub: which we ooohed and aahed over, then released.

Kids don't really go outside much anymore. My 13 year old says he was born in the wrong decade. He would have loved any time between the 40s and the 80s.

Edited by notme

1272013120000175740720games9.jpg

lol love that game, we still teach it to kids.

Night sun.

It was less festive than this but pretty much as fun as it:

The red tricycle used to be the police and the blue BMX bicycles the thief. 

F2CTB6GI5DSSX0U.MEDIUM.jpg

Paper planes.

we used to make various forms of them, some war crafts, some water planes lol 

CM

Why torture the ants? Did they do anything to you?

Also, bro: I am sure all of us played outside, too. It's just that grass and dirty aren't nostalgic because... uh... grass and dirt are all around us.

Bradar, because i hanged up mostly with boys (since they were my age) and boys used to just torture anything that moves from blowing up bugs \9and it is a scene to remember, you should try it) to cutting tails of cats ...

One of them used to collect a good number of flies in a glass bottle then add some sticky fruits , sealed the bottle then send it up to sky until the bottle is only a dot (it was one of the challenges played, how good is your throw)

then when the bottle comes down to earth, we would laugh at the art work of flies sticking on fruit pie...

i guess you won't find it funny now anyways, but we were kids and anything cracked us up with laughter.

post-64126-0-53267300-1440089443.jpg

post-64126-0-51586500-1440090331_thumb.j

I was 6 when father returned from a trip. It was late at night and he woke us up to show something he had brought for us. It was this ^. We are were all quite excited since it was rare to find Fisher price toys in Pakistan back then. It's prefect, it had moats, secret passages, hidden rooms, scary beasts. We had hours of fun playing with it all through our childhood. Father passed away soon afterwards. The castle been with us for almost a quarter of century now and my kids love playing with it the same way I did... :)  Thank you Abbu! 

P.S : it dosen't strictly fit into the 'nostalgia' category since I still have it but I just thought I would share a childhood memory

CM, Name place ,animal , thing, yesssssssss.......... I had  totally forgotten about it.

Did anyone else play cat's cradle ? I am going to teach it my daughter :D

post-64126-0-42283900-1440091245.jpg

Darth Vader made fun of me for wanting to get a floppy drive for the computer I want to buy. I bet he feels really bad about that now.

Not at all.

My nostalgia is all my friends, scattered to the winds. And this:

emuu.JPG

I still keep that student card in my purse.

Edited by Darth Vader