baradar_jackson

The Nostalgia Thread

Rate this topic

Triggers Nostalgia: the good stuff.

I guess most of all 1] My "erector set" (search and click images) and blocks The first thing I built was a working crane. I was 5.

2] My Marlin 39M --I put over 100,000 rds through mine --after I started counting them! They were good for a million + .

1.jpg

This triggered memories of scented erasers:

huvi2mxtumi30jem2qjn.jpg

and sticker albums! i remember buying stickers and swapping them, but i cant for the life of me remember what the subject of the album was...just that it wasnt a sport one.

...it may have been 'Neighbours' :blush: bit of a Kylie fan back then.

i'm sorry but Naruto is not really qualified to be nostalgic. It's great and all, but it is not old enough to be nostalgic yet. We may as well be nostalgic for LOLcats or myspace.

Even if you weren't around in the (13)60's (solar hijri... foolz), this nasheed can't help but strike something within you:

^ I love floppy disks. Although the ones I have the most memories with are the 3 and a half or 3 and a quarter inch variety.

Darth Vader made fun of me for wanting to get a floppy drive for the computer I want to buy. I bet he feels really bad about that now.

^ I love floppy disks. Although the ones I have the most memories with are the 3 and a half or 3 and a quarter inch variety.

Darth Vader made fun of me for wanting to get a floppy drive for the computer I want to buy. I bet he feels really bad about that now.

those were the 'in' thing back in my days. every kid blessed with a game on these was the richest kid in town who everyone else envied  :lol:

pacman-games.jpg

Although, not as old as the ones above but this is my first phone at age 13. It was the first Nokia flip phone. I still have it and despite the hundreds of scratches on it, crack on it's mini front screen and the numerous times that I dropped it throughout the years, it still functions well up until now, lol.

nokia-6101-m.jpg

Let's see if my iphone will survive that long the same way 10 years from now. :lol:

These were not comfortable, but for some reason all the girls wore them:

Jelly-Shoes.jpg

The boys wore these:

wfq7ul1xinqh4mshatsc.jpg

And EVERYONE wore these:

il_fullxfull.295601016.jpg

My little sister liked the jelly shoes and owned them in all colors. I owned a pink pair, but didn't much like them, especially on cold days when they stiffened up.

It was a couple years later that I inherited several pairs of chucks from my stepsister. I had purple, red, blue, and black. I wore those shoes daily, wore them until their soles fell off, glued them back on, and kept wearing them. I think the last pair finally passed all possibility of repair shortly after I went to university.

Oh, and since everyone else is showing their video games, I didn't own this, but some of my friends did and I was pretty good at it:

bbc13156b5d4fdecfe068cd5923f2ba7.jpg

One more, the phones reminded me! My parents like to listen to their police scanner. Next street over there lived a couple, Ron and Nancy. I don't know if they had an early mobile phone, or just a cordless, but their calls could be picked up on the scanner. Ron called Nancy several times a day, and usually they argued. It became like a radio soap opera. My parents would try to be sure they were home during times that there were usually calls. This went on for well over a year. I didn't live with my folks anymore at that time, but I visited a lot and caught regular Ron and Nancy updates.

Edited by notme

(salam)

tumblr_me3dfuj8uW1qiihii.gif

Wassalam

:O!!! I LOVED THAT SHOW!! ...aw gosh...im going to write to channel 4 right now and ask them to bring it back.

And EVERYONE wore these:

il_fullxfull.295601016.jpg

I remember having my eye on some blue steel coloured high tops for ages, but i ended up getting patent yellow Doc martens with red laces :P about the same time there was an Adidas explosion in the UK and these became ubiquitous:

s-l1000.jpg

I send baradar jackson 3 e-cheek kisses for posted fusen bubble gum. My mum calls it "ilich meeeyaaawa" (meeeyaaawa is a cat sound of iraqis, I think lol).

Wait it's called fusen? So it's Japanese, then?

We call it "adams khersi" (bear gum). We are kind of dumb though. I mean we call coca cola "black soda" and Fanta "yellow soda" (yes, yellow, not orange... don't ask me why). 

Wait it's called fusen? So it's Japanese, then?

We call it "adams khersi" (bear gum). We are kind of dumb though. I mean we call coca cola "black soda" and Fanta "yellow soda" (yes, yellow, not orange... don't ask me why). 

its called Fusen in Pakistan too - there used to be a tattoo like thing in these too - inside the wrapper if i remember right. we have it here now as well  :D

Edited by apofomysback

Although, not as old as the ones above but this is my first phone at age 13. It was the first Nokia flip phone. I still have it and despite the hundreds of scratches on it, crack on it's mini front screen and the numerous times that I dropped it throughout the years, it still functions well up until now, lol.

nokia-6101-m.jpg

Let's see if my iphone will survive that long the same way 10 years from now. :lol:

So are you suggesting that we may be too old bc your phone is not as old as the ones above :p ?

Btw, I've had my iphone for 3 years and it was in perfect condition, I was proud of myself because almost anyone else I know had a cracked screen or scratches or something..... and the day came..... yesterday it fell and cracked my screen :'( I hate getting new phones or new anything when mine still works, I'm glad the phone had mercy on me and only cracked the bottom left corner so I can still read everything but it's sad anyway :( I'm gonna preserve until its last breath and keep it for many years to come.