Sign in to follow this  
E.L King

Why Dry Skin Is Good

1) It makes you feel like a hard worker (recommended for men) and rough hands

Well, that's subjective, doing hard, demanding work makes you feel like a worker, rough hand or not.

Some people have a dry skin condition on their hands that can have a really negative effect when combined with cold weather, your hands can almost bleed due to the skin being so dry (I don't mean gushing with blood, but little specs will appear, especially if you are wearing jean and reach in and out of your pocket a lot)

2) Dry skin stops you from getting pimples

You know, having overly dry skin can lead to having dandruff in your beard, it can also make your skin crack a little and leave these quite ugly looking white lines on your face, from where the skin has kind of 'cracked'.

Of course some people do have naturally healthy skin due to their diet or their genes, and the don't need to use any kinds of cream, but in certain parts of the world, there is so much (for example) limestone in the water (it varies from place to place) - that you have to soak the shower head in vinegar once every couple of weeks due to the build up of limestone, imagine washing your face with that multiple times a day.

Everyone is different, what is good for one person, may not be good for another - and perhaps in your case, coming from a tropical paradise, you are unaware of the hardships that people from colder climates have to go through (but like I said, it depends on the individual - some people have naturally really greasy skin and have to use special soaps to remove some of the grease)

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Gross. Is there a shampoo for that called Chin & Shoulders?

That would be a good marketing idea actually, although I've never heard anyone mention it - and I'm not sure that it really is connected to having dry skin, the cause is probably the same as for the head.

I suffered from dry skin hands  I tried everything supplements wise and nothing worked except when i gave up bread and grains the dryness dissappeared.  Now i don't have bread in my diet and my hands and skin are perfect and moist. I never use creams anymore.  I recommend anyone with dry skin try giving up bread grains starchy stuff etc for a few days it may be the problem for others too.

Edited by ImamAliwabas

Dry skin prevents you from getting pimples, Hayda Sa7 bs i remember last time you said how you don't like oily skin because people basically will have pimples everywhere on their face, not all the time though, i don't have pimples on my face & i don't have dry skin, so it all depends how much effort you put into your Skin, and your skincare routine

if you don't give 1 bullet about it, then enjoy your acnes lol

Edited by Rosiee

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

The area I live in, the water has limestone and it is salty. It has destroyed all our kitchen appliances, faucets, and utensils. Of course this has also effected our hair being brittle, weak and loss of hair.

Brother, the vinegar will help with the appliances? Does the crusty white come off too?

What else can be done, to keep our appliances last longer?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Well, that's subjective, doing hard, demanding work makes you feel like a worker, rough hand or not.

Some people have a dry skin condition on their hands that can have a really negative effect when combined with cold weather, your hands can almost bleed due to the skin being so dry (I don't mean gushing with blood, but little specs will appear, especially if you are wearing jean and reach in and out of your pocket a lot)

You know, having overly dry skin can lead to having dandruff in your beard, it can also make your skin crack a little and leave these quite ugly looking white lines on your face, from where the skin has kind of 'cracked'.

Of course some people do have naturally healthy skin due to their diet or their genes, and the don't need to use any kinds of cream, but in certain parts of the world, there is so much (for example) limestone in the water (it varies from place to place) - that you have to soak the shower head in vinegar once every couple of weeks due to the build up of limestone, imagine washing your face with that multiple times a day.

Everyone is different, what is good for one person, may not be good for another - and perhaps in your case, coming from a tropical paradise, you are unaware of the hardships that people from colder climates have to go through (but like I said, it depends on the individual - some people have naturally really greasy skin and have to use special soaps to remove some of the grease)

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

The area I live in, the water has limestone and it is salty. It has destroyed all our kitchen appliances, faucets, and utensils. Of course this has also effected our hair being brittle, weak and loss of hair.

Brother, the vinegar will help with the appliances? Does the crusty white come off too?

I hope this will be of some help :d http://www.sheknows.com/home-and-gardening/articles/1017763/the-best-ways-to-remove-lime-scale-buildup

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

wa 'alaykum assalam,

Here, people mainly use vinegar to clean the shower head and the heads of the taps, it works quite well, aside from that, the only thing that I've seen it used for it cleaning the kettle, if you boil some vinegar in it once every week or two, it will keep it clean, however a better method is just to have a jug with a filter on it, and use that water for the kettle, it will stay clean for ages.

Another thing that people often have lots of problems with is the boiler (water heater), limestone can really block it up, that can be avoided by having a filter installed at the point of entry of the cold water, you will need to clean the filter every so often, but it is a lot cheaper and easier than cleaning some of the other parts of the boiler or pipes that get ruined by the limestone.

salam