Amina

Who Are Khoja Shi'as?

(bismillah)

(salam) everyone,

Can someone please explain who the group that are called Khoja Shia are, where they can be found and what their specific beliefs are, that set them apart from other Shi'as.

Thank you.

(wasalam)

Walaikum Salam,

Khoja's, just like say lebanese or Iraqi's, are a race. They comprise of mainly indians. They are shia twelvers, spread across the UK and the world, influential, and like any other community, do their part and integrete with all races to promote the message of rasullulah s.a.w

It's literally like asking me what Iraqi's are and so on. It's just a race , specifically of a area of india, a tribal sort of race.

Wsalam,

Here I've found one http://www.shiachat.com/forum/user/72366-the-samz/.

There was a recently a documentary released about the Khojas and their origin and history, I don't think it's on YouTube yet although the trailer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08bqh-IRnc

Wsalam,

Here I've found one http://www.shiachat.com/forum/user/72366-the-samz/.

There was a recently a documentary released about the Khojas and their origin and history, I don't think it's on YouTube yet although the trailer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08bqh-IRnc

looool! Yes that dude is one of many! btw u know who this is ;)

Edited by Hussainiyat Zindabad

They are the Shia twelvers. They try to spread the message of Islam and they have a influential organization in the world. All of them guided by their federation in UK. they are all around the world as i saw in Tanzania.

Khojas have very good business acumen. In general, they excel in their fields/area of expertise. You would be lucky to have one of them as your employee.(my current organization has about 5000 employees, and, as per my information, none of them khoja, whether shia or ismaili).

They are not very good at socializing and tend to create awkward situations. So please consider this as normal, in case you come across such a situation.

They spend a lot for religious activities and perform religious activities in a manner more organized as compared to other muslims.

They tend to have less religious knowledge, but they try to make the best use of what they know. (pray a lot of salat, recite duas, perform relevant amal etc.)

But then again, I am generalizing and every individual is different.

Khoja's mainly started as Hindu's, until many in the group decided to embrace Islam. They went from ismaili or agha-khan(unsure) until they came to the shia twelver path. I would argue Khoja's probably have the greatest western presence of shia's, but the thing is, shia islam is not something we segregate into races. We are all one ummah, one people, one group, we  must integrete.

If we do not, act proudly, segregate, then we are arrogant.

Bismillah

They're the next best thing after being Sayyid

Bismillah,

Could you please provide hadith for your claim.

Bismillah,

Could you please provide hadith for your claim.

The claim is self-substantiating young grasshopper, you must open your eyes. 

Do they have an own language?

Mostly they speak Gujrati, Sawhili or Kachi, but usually they are very good at picking up other languages and accents. The ones in Pakistan and India obviously also speak the local language of course. 

Bismillah

They're the next best thing after being Sayyid

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Next best thing after syeds. 

Dearest, are you saying what I understand, if not then I think you might have said more than you realize.

I am sorry but I couldn’t resist.

Edited by akamp

Dawud plz can u help me...

I hve an issue about marriage ..

I m Syed shia girl and my father is Shia but my Mother is Sunni non syed n i want to marry a boy who is non syed sunni ..my father dnt get agree to let me marry that guy ...plz tell ms the solution and plz tell me tht is it allow in islam to get marry tht guy or not ?

Can i marry a sunni boy even i am divorcee and he is unmarried ?

21 minutes ago, Syeda Urooba said:

Dawud plz can u help me...

I hve an issue about marriage ..

I m Syed shia girl and my father is Shia but my Mother is Sunni non syed n i want to marry a boy who is non syed sunni ..my father dnt get agree to let me marry that guy ...plz tell ms the solution and plz tell me tht is it allow in islam to get marry tht guy or not ?

Can i marry a sunni boy even i am divorcee and he is unmarried ?

If you're a virgin that sunni boy needs your father's permission to marry you, unless you're desperately in need of marriage and there is no other qualified man to ask for your hand.

Edited by Hassan Y

I'm Khoja. Basically we're a group of Shias originating from India, specifically from Gujarat/Kutch, we were formerly Hindu, some then converted to Ismaili and then to twelver Shia Islam, some are Ismaili, they're called Khoja Ismaili. Many Khojas some point moved from India to Tanzania/Kenya/Uganda, with me, my great great grandparents moved to Tanzania for more lucrative business opportunities, which is the reason most Khojas moved. Many khojas are now spread across the world, having moved from East Africa to UK, US, Canada. There are huge Khoja communities in Toronto, Stanmore (London), Orlando. We usually know Swahili, Kutchi, Gujarati. We don't usually speak Urdu or Hindi at home, but we can usually converse in it because of being exposed to Urdu/Hindi lecturers and Marsiya/Matam/Nawhas.