Sign in to follow this  
shia askari

Find Peace With Self

Rate this topic

Salam i am finding not peace with my self stresses are over bearing my mind and I'm not able to relax.

All I think about in life is the things I could of done better I feel like everything I do is wrong I have been in a bad state and I'm getting further away from Allah.. :(

Calm down. "Do you still have your hands? fingers? head? feet? eyes? voice? ears? Count your fingers. Are they still five in each hand and each foot?" This is what my mom always says to me if i don't find peace inside myself or if i came form scary area or something. And as always, I really looked at my fingers and count them one by one. I said then "Well, they 'look' five". "what is next? Do I need to count my teeth as well?" --> the last sentence was a fake one. i never said that XD

The point here is that many things can make us sad and feel bad. But we always need to remember what we have been given from Allah.

I really do not know how I can help you. If you have something inside your heart, say it to Allah. 

I hope that other members help you out!

This is good. You recognise "mistakes", that's a good thing! This means, next time you come across a similar decision, you know the right choice to make or at least the better.  

"And say, 'Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, [by nature], ever bound to depart;" Quran 17:81

"Surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves." Quran 2:222

"The Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to him (disbeliever), and he will dwell therein in ignominy,- unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to Allah with an (acceptable) conversion." Quran 25:69-71

God didn't create perfect beings, we all sin. But we sin, to learn and to grow. You can't prevent the sins in your pasts, but you can still change what you'll do with them. Will you ignore them? Learn from them? Or repeat them? Everything could've been done differently, and if God had willed it, you would have. 

Even if you had done it differently, what makes you so sure you wouldn't end up in the same position? There are many ways to sin and make mistakes just as there are many to do good. You should be thinking about what you can do to never find yourself where you are at this point. Seeing yourself work towards that, should give you peace. 

To find peace, this is what I always looked at myself: 

lao-tzu-quotes-Past-Present-Future.png

9bb701f00967180ddf8812461a1b905c_view.jp

and if I ever come close to sinning, I remind myself : 

b5e5096d1d442b73f09970078215efb8.jpg

Good luck on your journey :) 

brother askari Salam alaikum,

can you please elaborate on things you could've done better. what are those things related to? dunya or akhirah? if you feel comfortable, give us more information so that you may be able to recieve better assistance iA

Edited by Purged

Salam i am finding not peace with my self stresses are over bearing my mind and I'm not able to relax.

All I think about in life is the things I could of done better I feel like everything I do is wrong I have been in a bad state and I'm getting further away from Allah.. :(

Regret about the past is a good way to build your future but it is helpful as far as does not frustrate you about your abilities. Allah s.w guaranteed for us that we always have this chance to start a new life.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

قالَ إِنَّما أَشْكُوا بَثِّي وَ حُزْني‏ إِلَى اللَّه

"He said: I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allah..."

Yusuf:86