Sign in to follow this  
apofomysback

My Left Eye...

Quite a few years back I had cataract surgery, and about 5 months back it was diagnosed that the new lens that i had got a bit twisted. the doctor straightened it out with surgery. now, since the past one month, the outer corner of my left eye started turning dark and has now covered half of my left eye - i can only see partially from it. i will see my doctor next week, but if anyone has any idea what this could be,  i'd really appreciate it. 

thanks

Usually the replacement lens is good for life. So why this problem has occurred needs to be investigated by a proper medical professional. There's nothing in your post for even an eye surgeon to be able to answer the question you are asking. Only an ophthalmologist/surgeon can answer your queries after doing a physical examination and reviewing your full medical history. (Age, smoking history, diabetes status, previous history of major illnesses/surgeries, type of cataract, type of cataract surgery, surgical complications, complications in the recovery phase, family history, work/social history, etc. are just some of the factors that go into a proper assessment of what might be going on.)

There is an information page on cataract by the US National Eye Institute that can give you some background, but you're best off leaving such questions for the appropriate health professional.

https://www.nei.nih.gov/health/cataract/cataract_facts

Thank so much Deewan and Hameedeh.

No thanks for you Laith :p 

haha no, thank you too. and yeah i'll be seeing my doctor soon enough. will probably get a second opinion day after because my current doctor seems to be messing everything up.

I'm sorry. Was this detached retina due to a beating you received in the past? If so, you should document that with authorities. You need to have the surgery. Here in the US a surgeon would take a small down payment if you sign papers and promise to pay a small monthly payment until you pay it off. 

I'm looking into options sis. doctors in pakistan are money crazy, but im looking for a cheaper one.plus ill get a second opinion too because this is a huge surgery. 

no it wasn't cuz of a beating. i had cataract surgery before and the doctor says that something must have got messed up during it due to negligence by my previous surgeon. plus the chances of having a detachd retina are higher in people who have had eye surgery - and i have had 3 already. for now, i am not allowed to lie down at all or bend as he says these things will hasten the detachment and lead to complete vision loss much more quickly.

pray for me you guys.