Rate this topic

I once watched a Christian movie called Lady Fatima, ever since I have seen a few Churches named the Church of Lady Fatima.

Ever since, I have been fascinated to know why? and what does Lady Fatima mean to the Christians ?

I would be grateful if some of our Christian members can please explain this to me.

If I am incorrect, please correct me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Wa Salam

On 3/9/2015 at 3:05 AM, hameedeh said:

There is an old topic about this. You can look through it. 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235007815-fatima-of-portugal/?p=2498657

As always thanks for your help sister Hameedeh.

I read that topic however I do not understand why the Christians would have churches named after Lady Fatima ?The other topic talks about a village called Fatimah not really about Lady Fatima...  It would be great to get some more insight then the other topic.

Thanks and Salam.

Sorry, I disregarded that you wanted Christian members to reply to you. I'm sure they would tell you that Catholics use the name "Our Lady" to refer to Blessed Maryam AS. So the name of the church was not Lady Fatima but Our Lady of Fatima. Fatima is the name of the place in Portugal.

Lady of Rosary ! And Rosary of Fatima Zahra !!

It is really odd, Vatican covered many things.

A miracle happened.

The signs are very similar to Fatima Zahra (AS) daughter of Muhammad (PBUH).

The miracle is similar to the revelations of John chapter 12.

When I ask Christians about this part of new testaments, they say they are hallucinations !

Name of Hussain is explicitly mentioned in Aramaic Mathew Gospels, but they translate it wrongly to cover the truth.

Peace be upon Fatima, her father, her husband, her two sons and the secret which is hidden in Fatima.

http://www.al-islam.org/understanding-karbala-allamah-sayyid-saeed-akhtar-rizvi/prophecies-regarding-tragedy-karbala

There is another topic on Fatima and the vision to the three children at Fatima, Portugal.

Since this vision is related to the Catholic Church, I believe they used Fatima in the name of some of their Churches.

However, the name may have come from the daughter of Muhammad, from the 7th century, I don't know.

The topic, near the bottom of the page is "Our Lady of Fatima, Portugal."

There is another topic on Fatima and the vision to the three children at Fatima, Portugal.

Since this vision is related to the Catholic Church, I believe they used Fatima in the name of some of their Churches.

However, the name may have come from the daughter of Muhammad, from the 7th century, I don't know.

The topic, near the bottom of the page is "Our Lady of Fatima, Portugal."

It was named Fatima by the Moors when it was occupied by them in the 8/9th century.

Sorry, I disregarded that you wanted Christian members to reply to you. I'm sure they would tell you that Catholics use the name "Our Lady" to refer to Blessed Maryam AS. So the name of the church was not Lady Fatima but Our Lady of Fatima. Fatima is the name of the place in Portugal.

Yes in Islam you refer to her as 'Saydetna' Mariam which would translate to 'Our Lady' Mary

As a former Roman Catholic, I can say with certainty that Our Lady of Fatimah, refers to the Portuguese town of Fatimah where at the beginning of the twentieth century 3 children, siblings, reported being visited by the Virgin Mary. Fatimah became a place of pilgrimage for Roman Catholics and miraculous cures have been reported

Hello,

I believe the Vatican covered up the story how come the name of the city is such? They couldn't brainwash the people of the city but one thing they could do is change the account of the event in the media. If it was down to the Vatican they would change the name of the city as well but they were unable to do that since so many people saw the sun spinning like a disc. It was a miracle witnessed by thousands in the city!

On 3/8/2015 at 9:22 AM, Journey of Truth said:

I once watched a Christian movie called Lady Fatima, ever since I have seen a few Churches named the Church of Lady Fatima.

Ever since, I have been fascinated to know why? and what does Lady Fatima mean to the Christians ?

I would be grateful if some of our Christian members can please explain this to me.

Mary appeared several times to 3 shepard children in 1917 at Fatima, Portugal. She also told them when she returned in October there would be a miracle.  Approximately 80,000 people came and the sun began to change colors and dance in the sky and then began to move closer to the earth.  It had been raining and muddy and the dirt was dry.  This was recognized by the Catholic Church as an authentic miracle.  There were also several other things Mary told the children, messages and predictions.  Today many people travel there to the shrine.