Rate this topic

I once watched a Christian movie called Lady Fatima, ever since I have seen a few Churches named the Church of Lady Fatima.

Ever since, I have been fascinated to know why? and what does Lady Fatima mean to the Christians ?

I would be grateful if some of our Christian members can please explain this to me.

If I am incorrect, please correct me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Wa Salam

On 3/9/2015 at 3:05 AM, hameedeh said:

There is an old topic about this. You can look through it. 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235007815-fatima-of-portugal/?p=2498657

As always thanks for your help sister Hameedeh.

I read that topic however I do not understand why the Christians would have churches named after Lady Fatima ?The other topic talks about a village called Fatimah not really about Lady Fatima...  It would be great to get some more insight then the other topic.

Thanks and Salam.

Sorry, I disregarded that you wanted Christian members to reply to you. I'm sure they would tell you that Catholics use the name "Our Lady" to refer to Blessed Maryam AS. So the name of the church was not Lady Fatima but Our Lady of Fatima. Fatima is the name of the place in Portugal.

Lady of Rosary ! And Rosary of Fatima Zahra !!

It is really odd, Vatican covered many things.

A miracle happened.

The signs are very similar to Fatima Zahra (AS) daughter of Muhammad (PBUH).

The miracle is similar to the revelations of John chapter 12.

When I ask Christians about this part of new testaments, they say they are hallucinations !

Name of Hussain is explicitly mentioned in Aramaic Mathew Gospels, but they translate it wrongly to cover the truth.

Peace be upon Fatima, her father, her husband, her two sons and the secret which is hidden in Fatima.

http://www.al-islam.org/understanding-karbala-allamah-sayyid-saeed-akhtar-rizvi/prophecies-regarding-tragedy-karbala

There is another topic on Fatima and the vision to the three children at Fatima, Portugal.

Since this vision is related to the Catholic Church, I believe they used Fatima in the name of some of their Churches.

However, the name may have come from the daughter of Muhammad, from the 7th century, I don't know.

The topic, near the bottom of the page is "Our Lady of Fatima, Portugal."

There is another topic on Fatima and the vision to the three children at Fatima, Portugal.

Since this vision is related to the Catholic Church, I believe they used Fatima in the name of some of their Churches.

However, the name may have come from the daughter of Muhammad, from the 7th century, I don't know.

The topic, near the bottom of the page is "Our Lady of Fatima, Portugal."

It was named Fatima by the Moors when it was occupied by them in the 8/9th century.

Sorry, I disregarded that you wanted Christian members to reply to you. I'm sure they would tell you that Catholics use the name "Our Lady" to refer to Blessed Maryam AS. So the name of the church was not Lady Fatima but Our Lady of Fatima. Fatima is the name of the place in Portugal.

Yes in Islam you refer to her as 'Saydetna' Mariam which would translate to 'Our Lady' Mary

As a former Roman Catholic, I can say with certainty that Our Lady of Fatimah, refers to the Portuguese town of Fatimah where at the beginning of the twentieth century 3 children, siblings, reported being visited by the Virgin Mary. Fatimah became a place of pilgrimage for Roman Catholics and miraculous cures have been reported

Hello,

I believe the Vatican covered up the story how come the name of the city is such? They couldn't brainwash the people of the city but one thing they could do is change the account of the event in the media. If it was down to the Vatican they would change the name of the city as well but they were unable to do that since so many people saw the sun spinning like a disc. It was a miracle witnessed by thousands in the city!

On 3/8/2015 at 9:22 AM, Journey of Truth said:

I once watched a Christian movie called Lady Fatima, ever since I have seen a few Churches named the Church of Lady Fatima.

Ever since, I have been fascinated to know why? and what does Lady Fatima mean to the Christians ?

I would be grateful if some of our Christian members can please explain this to me.

Mary appeared several times to 3 shepard children in 1917 at Fatima, Portugal. She also told them when she returned in October there would be a miracle.  Approximately 80,000 people came and the sun began to change colors and dance in the sky and then began to move closer to the earth.  It had been raining and muddy and the dirt was dry.  This was recognized by the Catholic Church as an authentic miracle.  There were also several other things Mary told the children, messages and predictions.  Today many people travel there to the shrine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• Assalam-O-Alaikum !! May Allah Shower his Blessings upon you All.

I am not a Good English Speaker. So, Please understand my words.

After doing research on Shia Books, I came to know about Black Clothing which is Makrooh. But why and how? Prophet Muhammad(Peace Be Upon Him) wore Black if I am not wrong. Someone told me Imam Jafar Sadiq prohibited from wearing Black shoes and Black Clothes. Is it true?

Jazaak Allah Khair.
    • Guest WestSide Story
      Looking for testimonials of being married to someone with different level of practicing Islam (Shia Islam specifically). Moderate woman to not so moderate man. Scenerio: Individually both have compatibility. Looking at them their are no apparent differences. They are happy. Neither drink.  But only one eats halal. One comes from a moderate practicing family and one from a family that has little distinction from western lifestyle and some of the family members drink but live elsewhere. Both individuals have older kids. Can it be a succesful second marriage? 
    • https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjKjJuLttTXAhXNI1AKHbmwCnkQFghbMAk&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.slideshare.net%2Fhuseinmhanna%2Fthe-structure-of-the-universe&usg=AOvVaw1u9CB07-W2u5JxwR-e2HWP http://qfatima.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/tawheed.pdf
    • Feminists typically use terms like "male-dominated culture" so I just wanted to ask if you are a feminist. Also patriarchy is not inherently bad. No matter how you look at it Islam promotes a form of a patriarchal society. So just so you know. However I am not defending the patriarchy of Desi culture. Which is what we are talking about. I am advocating the patriarchy of an Ideal Shia Islamic social society (Yes these have existed historically to various extents).    Also I have seen housewives who can cook a mean paratta and clean well and still they are degraded by not only other women but by men, who tend to gravitate towards free-loving women. They are not appreciated by men as well. I am talking of the West, so I will let others respond on how accurate your statements are about the east. Something tells me you are still projecting and exaggerating.    Again, when you use the word "men" you are referring to a specific type of men. So don't generalize like the OP did. Also modesty is also a concern as well. I have seen this and I can give anecdotes as well to prove this. But let us not play the anecdote game. You would be surprised what western Muslim women, especially in college, get up to. So let us not pretend Muslim women are angels. Remember, for every Muslims man who fornicates there is often times another Muslim woman willing to do it with them. So don't think it is a "guy" issue, it is also a gal issue as well. Also there may be more reasons than the ones you and I listed too as to why an eastern man wants to marry a western woman, but it has everything to do with the guy trying to "make-up" for his guilty conscious and it may manifest in ways such as he thinking he can make it up by having his wife cook and clean (in a weird and twisted way, after all humans are psychologically complex creatures). But your cynical explanation makes it sound is as if Muslimah are dainty little flowers who earn money through a job and when they get married their hubby goes all Hollywood mustache twirling villain on them, or goes Ape on them out of nowhere. This is an incredibly naive and biased analysis and only ends up creating more questions rather than answering them.     Also you just answered your question. Replace men with "cultural Desi men". But you saying "men" is generalizing and I can also name "hundreds of examples" that run counter to yours. As can anyone here. No one here is defending Desi (primarily hindu influenced culture). But you seem to think we are.   On a tangential note Muslims nowadays are willing to blame Islam rather than Hindus for the defiencies that are present in Desi culture. Despite the fact that most of the deleterious behaviors of Desi culture had its origins in ancient Hindu culture that ancient Muslims picked up on. "Purdah" is a famous example of something that quite likely originated amongst  and was widely propagated  by Hindu culture and that Muslims adopted as well but tend to confuse with Islam in incorrect ways (the state of the prophets wives was not the same of a random Muslim woman back then and now,  most scholars agree on this).    Also you went on a tangent about working and being modest. Read my first post on the topic to know that Muslim women ALWAYS worked for 1400+ years in some job or another but had time for their family and household responsibilities. Even Umar Ibn al Khattab of all people hired a woman as "head of market operations ".  And above all else these Muslim women only thought of their job as a job and never let their job or income define them. I don't care if you earn money or not. You are not special or free or liberated or any other adjective you can name. And historically Muslim women used to be doctors way back even in the 1000s but never used to let their career define them. Except that they heal people. But modern day feminism does define a womans worth by her income and somehow she is "not tame" because she earns money. That is laughable. Sister "notme" did a good job of explaining the problem with people like you and your motivations to work. 
    • Sermon 1: Praise is due to Allah whose worth cannot be described…. In this sermon he recalls the creation of Earth and Sky and the creation of Adam and in it he mentions the Hajj Praise is due to Allah whose worth cannot be described by speakers, whose bounties cannot be counted by calculators and whose claim (to obedience) cannot be satisfied by those who attempt to do so, whom the height of intellectual courage cannot appreciate, and the divings of understanding cannot reach; He for whose description no limit has been laid down, no eulogy exists, no time is ordained and no duration is fixed. He brought forth creation through His Omnipotence, dispersed winds through His Compassion, and made firm the shaking earth with rocks. https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-1-praise-due-Allah-whose-worth-cannot-be-described#creation-universe