Mahdiyah

Your Username Or Avatar

Rate this topic

On 12/7/2012 at 1:18 PM, Darth Vader said:

This is my nick since 1997. I chose it out of no particular reason especially not because I enjoy snapping necks or choking insolent people. Back then I used to play a video game called Quake 2 with a bunch of other guys, and I had a particular set of gaming skills, skills that I acquired over a long period of time. Honor and fear was heaped upon my name. My team used to win tournaments. The chain gun, a very fast and deadly weapon was my weapon of choice, and "Vader" and his "chain gun" was since remembered. I just knew how to aim and predict movements so I was among the best. When we used to hang out in real life I was/am called "Vader". "So Vader, how do you like this pizza?", or "Vader, why are you so cool?!" and so on. Then my gang started falling apart. People was getting married and biting the dust dropping like flies left and right. I guess it seemed like a good idea to everyone at the time. I stuck it out for a while, I knew better but like death some things are ordained. One day I got married too and my life, as it had been, was over. Now I have heaps of real guns catching rust and what not but what I reload is milk bottles. -_-

:D:D

My first display pic was sunflowers.

sunflowers.jpg

Later I searched the Internet and chose this pic about Imam Mahdi AJ, but removed it very soon because I found out that a Moderator named Iman already had that avatar and I thought members might confuse the two of us:

infallible145.jpg

So next I had a display pic that was Arabic calligraphy that said Fatima Zahra AS. (My husband called me Fatima. I am a revert.)

fatima sc avatar.jpg

Then I saw the hijabi girl pic at english.tebyan.net and googled more hijab pics. I found the larger pic and made my hijabi girl avatar by cropping the larger image:

tumblr_static_hijab_poster__2_.jpg 

Sister ireallywannaknow surprised me by making a lot of avatars for me in different colors.

hameedeh blue3.jpg hameedeh print.jpg hameedeh reddish.jpg hameedeh purple.jpg 

Some people oppose my hijabi girl avatar, saying it is 'beautiful' which makes me embarrassed. :blush: 

My new display pic is a tree. What can I say. I love trees.

flower tree.jpg

I change it now and again. Who knows what might be next? :) 

That is the history of my avatar.

Edited by Hameedeh
Now I removed my display pic and ShiaChat website gave me the red letter H. Will stay that way for a while I guess.

The man you see in my Avatar is Toshiro Mifune as Sanjuro Tsubaki.

It is from the movie of Sanjuro and Yojimbo, awesome classic Japanese film by Akira Kurosawa.

The man in my profile picture reminds me of me but a samurai me lol :D

He is lazy and looks poorly and never bothers and he seems like a really sloppy samurai on the outside but on the inside he is gold and he walks through Japan as a ronin looking to help people with their troubles and he risks his life for the sake of other innocent people.

He does not appear good but his actions show his inner self, he is a character I aspire to be like someday. Helping people.

Here is a clip of him in some of his movies, slapping people and being awesome Ahahaha  :lol:

His beard also looks like mine :D

On 2/20/2015 at 6:02 AM, Khalilallah said:

The man you see in my Avatar is Toshiro Mifune as Sanjuro Tsubaki.

It is from the movie of Sanjuro and Yojimbo, awesome classic Japanese film by Akira Kurosawa.

The man in my profile picture reminds me of me but a samurai me lol :D

He is lazy and looks poorly and never bothers and he seems like a really sloppy samurai on the outside but on the inside he is gold and he walks through Japan as a ronin looking to help people with their troubles and he risks his life for the sake of other innocent people.

He does not appear good but his actions show his inner self, he is a character I aspire to be like someday. Helping people.

Here is a clip of him in some of his movies, slapping people and being awesome Ahahaha  :lol:

His beard also looks like mine :D

Salaam alaikum,

The funny thing about your avatar is that a friend of mine on another site used the same one forever.  I was like oh snaps it's Art!

Mine is from a painting of the Dutch landing at Tafelbaai in South Africa. I love SA very much although I have yet to get there, and I speak some Afrikaans, as well. My name is the Afrikaans word for "traveller." Anyway, the South Africa thing started by accident. My wife and I were going to the Netherlands and we wanted to learn a bit of the language and try to listen to some Dutch language radio and I accidentally stumbled on a song Ons vir Jou Suid-Afrika, and it was just amazing. It isn't quite martial music, but it's definitely not the sort of music one would listen to at a bar, club or anything haram.

Anyway, I started learning Afrikaans after that. The goal is to use that as a bridge to learning proper Dutch (95% of the words in Afrikaans are Dutch, but the grammar is a lot simpler) and inshAllah getting OUT of the US for good one day!

True story. :)

Cute topic!  ^_^

My display pic was a frog inside of a yellow flower for awhile. Frogs are cute. I liked that picture. 

Now my display pic are these yellow flowers. If you know me well, then you know that yellow is like my trademark color. And flowers are so pretty, and this picture seems so deep with the two flowers lying next to each other. 

A part of me thinks it's time for a change, but it's always a little disorienting when people change their pics on SC. And name changes too, ugh don't get me started. Still trying to figure out who 'King' and 'Ethics' and 'Ibn al-Hussain' and 'Abbas' are, among others.  -_-

Mine is a drawing of Sattar Khan, a hero of the Constitutional Revolution.

I put it up shortly after I became a member way back in the Year of our Lord two thousands and single digit number. Before this I think I had a generic red Ya Hussein banner thing.

But after I put this up, I became attached to it and kept it for all these years.

Without this picture, what's the point, really? I probably would stop posting on shiachat if I couldn't see the pretty picture each time I post.

The funny thing is, I no longer associate the picture with Sattar Khan (even though he's the focal point). The man has a cool Iranian hat, a sweet stache, and is riding his horse into the sunset. This man is FREEDOM. He is freedom personified.

^ Perhaps you kept it because you found it most appropriate? Its good. Looks like the admins took a portrait of Mr. Chips, the motorcycle cop, and turned it black and white.

As for my current avatar it is a modern artist's perception of a interesting character from the tales of king arthur called "the green knight". If you read those tales you will sometimes come across this weird and inhuman sort of character who usually made appearances to test or teach a lesson to other knights. In a way, he is to king arthur's knights what in Star Trek "the Q" is to Enterprise's crew albeit in much simpler and less chaotic way.