Sign in to follow this  
Ethics

Think Twice Before You Take Meds From Doctors!

***Warning Profanity and Non-Hijabis and Music ******

This is clearly obvious. It isnt surprising. Its all about money. Most of these medications are all rubbish, prescribed for you just so they gain money, while your body deteriorates. Think about it! Its insane! They were prescribing anti-psychotic pills to people who could not sleep. Or they were basically blind picking medicine, suggested by uneducated people to give to patients. Personally, I do not take any pain killers, let alone medicine unless I research about it. All these rubbish depressants and bi polar medicine I wonder how many people have been destroyed by them... :no:

Be careful people, RESEARCH your medicine, and dont just take what ever a "doctor" prescribes! Same goes for your families, warn them.

Edited by Ethics

Who puts anything into their or their children's bodies without knowing what it is anyway? Any reputable expert would be happy to share their expertise. Never trust anyone who claims to have knowledge but insists that you just blindly follow.

Who puts anything into their or their children's bodies without knowing what it is anyway? Any reputable expert would be happy to share their expertise. Never trust anyone who claims to have knowledge but insists that you just blindly follow.

Lots of people, not only to their children but to their own selves! Unfortunately many of whom are immigrants to this country who are uneducated, or think that doctors in are all honest and good, like any good human being would think.

...think that doctors in are all honest and good, like any good human being would think.

Even good and honest people can make mistakes!

I can understand an illiterate person taking medicine without knowing what it is. They go through life following without knowing why. But difference in language shouldn't be a barrier with the internet. Surely they can research in any language!

Even good and honest people can make mistakes!

I can understand an illiterate person taking medicine without knowing what it is. They go through life following without knowing why. But difference in language shouldn't be a barrier with the internet. Surely they can research in any language!

I dont think you seem to understand, these people cant even use the internet for they were not raised in this country. For example they came from war torn countries. Whats even sad, is doctors, who can speak their language and are from their country, end up doing the same injustice to them, while the patient has even more trust just because they have a common background. I dont think you understand the good intentions people from the middle east generally (muslims) have, considering you are western born. Their countries, doctors had moral and ethical conscious. Growing up, I can see how must trust and good intention, my family members had with everyone here in the west. My dad unfortunately is too nice to people for example. I always warn him people take advantage of you... :no:

Edited by Ethics

I would HIGHLY reccommend watching "Hungry for Change" It's available on Netflix.

A very eye opening documentary about the [Edited Out] foods we eat and how our bodies weren't designed to consume such. Rather, we should be consuming natural stuff.

Use this website to check what payments have been made to a doctor https://openpaymentsdata.cms.gov/

But for the most part, it is very common for pharm rep. to visit a doctor and pitch info about the latest drugs. Doesn't mean doctors will actually use the drug. Don't be worried, you can trust your doctor lol. 

From that ^ website, it looks like Dr. Sanjay Gupta has been traveling around and getting free meals and lodging. If he is teaching a seminar or speaking, what is wrong with that? Doctors also travel to meet with organizations for educational awareness meetings. There are always a few doctors who are unethical, as in any profession. If you find your doctor is not the right kind of doctor for you, please get a second opinion. Find a new doctor. 

،السلام عليكم

Thanks for sharing. :)

I watch a youtube channel called "Healthcare Triage", where the host Dr. Aaron Carroll speaks about certain issues in medicine, medical research, and healthcare. I really like his videos, if you're interested. The video you posted reminded me of a video he did on doctors and conflicts of interest:

This was the article he wrote on the topic with links to the studies he references in the video above:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/09/upshot/doctors-magical-thinking-about-conflicts-of-interest.html?abt=0002&abg=1&_r=0

While there are definitely problems in healthcare that need reform, having a skeptical attitude towards medicine as a whole can lead your health to perdition. It's important to be well-informed and to ask your doctor pertinent questions, but not to be overly critical at the expense of your own health.

Please remember that there are physicians who keep high ethical standards and are not willing to enter a conflict-of-interest scenario. For example, the second major hospital where I'm from prevents physicians from meeting with pharmaceutical representatives.

Edited by estoc