Ali Mahdi

Hadith Of The Day

Rate this topic

343 posts in this topic

May Allaah make deaf his ears as he has blinded his eyes if he did not hear Abaa Ja`far (عليه السلام) say so-and-so called us a name. He said: 'And what is this name?' He said: 'He calls us RaafiDah.' So Aboo Ja`far (عليه السلام) put his hand on his chest and said three times: ‘I am from the RaafiDah and he is from me’.

Source:

1. Al-Barqi, Al-MaHaasin, vol. 1, ch. 24, pg. 157, hadeeth # 91

2. Al-Majlisi, BiHaar Al-Anwaar, vol. 65, ch. 17, pg. 97, hadeeth # 2

Al Kafi 163–5. Muhammad ibn Yahyã (–) Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isã (–) al-Hasan ibn Mahbũb (–) Mu‘ãwiyah ibn Wahb as saying: "I have heard Abu ‘Abdillãh (p. b. u. h.) saying that

The Messenger of Allãh (p.b.u.h.a.h.p.) said:'For each and every innovation (in Islam) which deceives the very faith, there will be after my death, a sentinel and a guide (Imãm) from my progeny, being in charge of the belief to challenge it, to defend it. He will speak under divine inspiration from Allãh, will declared and enlighten the truth, will negate the wiles of the cunning and will speak on behalf of the feeble (truthful). Take heed you who have eyes, and have full faith in Allãh.'

Saheeh  - Graded by Alama Majlisi

Edited by Tawheed313
peace seeker II likes this

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "Train your children in three things: the love of your Prophet, the love of his progeny, i.e. Ahlul Bayt, and recitation of the Qur'an."

Al-Jami'-ul-Saghir, vol. 1, p. 14

http://www.al-islam.org/a-bundle-of-flowers-sayyid-faqih-imani/love-ahlul-bayt

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "Love Allah (swt) because of his countless bounties, love me because of Allah (swt) and because of me love my Ahlul Bayt (a.s.)

Reference: Ain Al Hayat 

RASHIDA SHABBIR likes this

Imam Al-Sadiq (AS) said, "Knowledge is not achieved through learning, rather it is a light that falls into the heart of one whom Allah Almighty wishes to guide".  Bihar al Anwar volume 1 p 225, no 17

May Allah (swt) enlighten our hearts and grants us with blessing of walking on the footsteps of Ahlul Bayt (AS) because Prophet (S) referred to them as the Ark of salvation for his Ummah. 

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".

Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance
Nahajul Balagaha

الإمامُ الباقرُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): سِلاحُ اللِّئامِ قَبيحُ الكلامِ

Imam al-Baqir  (as) said,
‘The weapon of the wicked is foul language.’
[bihar al-Anwar, v. 78, p. 185, no. 14]

SlaveOfAllah14 and Hameedeh like this

Do not talk about your riches in front of the poor. 

Do not talk about your good health in front of the sick. 

Do not talk about your power in front of the weak. 

Do not talk about the joys of your life in front of the sad ones. 

Do not talk about your freedom in front of the captivated. 

Do not talk about your children in front of those who cannot have any. 

Do not talk about your parents in front of the orphans, for their wounds cannot withstand more pain.

-Imam Ali (AS)
Hameedeh and SlaveOfAllah14 like this

محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن الحسين بن سعيد، عن النضر ابن سويد، عن يحيى الحلبي، عن بريد بن معاوية، عن محمد بن مسلم قال: قال أبو عبد الله (عليه السلام): لا يسأل في القبر إلا من محض الايمان محضا أو محض الكفر محضا

Muhammad b. Yahya, from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Isa, from al Hussain b. Saeed, from al Nudr b. Suwaid, from Yahya al Halabi, from Buraid b. Muawiyah, from Muhammad b. Muslim, who said: Abu Abdillah (as) said: "No one is questioned in the grave except for the extremely pure believer or the complete out and out kafir (disbeliever)."

Grading: Sahih

H 3615, CH 7, h 1 ; Al Kafi Vol. 2
Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from al-Nawfali from al-Sakuni from abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:

“The Messenger of Allah has said, ‘Offering the greeting of peace is voluntary, but answering it is obligatory.’”

kamyar likes this

Nahjul Balaqa, Part of Sermon 83

فَاتَّقُوا اللهَ تَقِيَّةَ مَنْ سَمِعَ فَخَشَعَ، وَاقْتَرَفَ فَاعْتَرَفَ، وَوَجِلَ فَعَمِلَ، وَحَاذَرَ فَبَادَرَ وَأَيْقَنَ فَأَحْسَنَ، وَعُبِّرَ فَاعْتَبَرَ وَحُذِّرَ فَحَذِرَ، وَزُجِرَ فَازْدَجَرَ‌، وَأَجَابَ فأَنَابَ وَرَاجَعَ فَتَابَ، وَاقْتَدَى فَاحْتَذَى وَأُرِيَ فَرَأَى

Fear Allah like him who listened (good advice) and bowed before it,

when he committed sin he admitted it,

when he felt fear he acted virtuously,

when he apprehended he hastened (towards good acts),

when he believed he performed virtuous acts,

when he was asked to take lesson (from the happenings of this world) he did take the lesson,

when he was warned he became caution,

when he was asked to desist he abstained (from evil),

when he responded to the call (of Allah) he leaned (towards him),

when he turned back (to evil) he repented,

when he followed he almost imitated and

when he was shown (the right path) he saw it ...

When you are in need, here is what the Imams a.s teach us what to say:

H 3255, CH 44, h 1
Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from
Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from Ayyub ibn al-Hurr brother of ‘Udaym from abu ‘Abd
Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:
“Whoever says ten times, ‘O Lord.’ It will be said to him,
“Your call for help is well heard and noted. What kind of help
do you need?’”

Saheeh - graded by Alama Majlisi

H 3125, CH 16, h 2

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from

ibn Faddal from ibn Bukayr from Muhammad ibn Muslim who has said the
following:

“Abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, has
said, ‘It is in the book of Amir al-Mu’minin, Ali ibn abu Talib,
recipient of divine supreme covenant, “praise comes before
asking for favors. Whenever you like to pray and plead before
Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, for help, speak of His
glory.” The narrator has said that I asked the Imam, ‘How
should we speak of His glory?’ The Imam said, ‘Say, O You
Who are closer to me than my jugular veins, O the One Who
does without fail as He wishes, O the One Who stands between a
man and his heart, O the One Who is on a high position and the
One like Whom is no creature.’”

Muwathaq Kal Saheeh - Alama Majlisi

H 3047, CH 1, h 1
Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from Hammad ibn ‘Isa from Hariz
from Zurara from abu Ja’far, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said
the following:

“Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, has said, ‘Those
who consider themselves above the need to worship Me will
soon go to hell in disgrace.’ (40:60)

“The Imam said, ‘This is a reference to prayer. The best form
of worship is prayer (pleading before Allah for help).’ I (the
narrator) then asked, ‘What is meant by: Ibrahim is la awwahu,
prayerful and forbearing?’ The Imam said, ‘It means pleading
for help before Allah.’”

Hasan Kal Saheeh- Alama Majlisi

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد البرقي، عن أبيه، عن النضر بن سويد، عن يحيى الحلبي، عن ابن مسكان، عن زرارة بن أعين قال: سمعت أبا عبدالله (عليه السلام) يقول: إن الله خلو من خلقه وخلقه خلو منه، وكل ما وقع عليه اسم شئ ما خلا الله فهو مخلوق والله خالق كل شئ، تبارك الذي ليس كمثلهشئ وهو السميع البصير.

A number of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Khalid al-Barqi from his father from an-Nadr b. Suwayd from Yahya al-Halabi from Ibn Muskan from Zurara b. A`yan.

He said: I heard Abu `Abdillah عليه السلامsaying: Verily Allah is devoid of His creation and His creation is devoid of Him. And all upon which the name of “thing” befalls – apart from Allah – it is created. And Allah is the creator of everything. Blessed be the one who nothing is like unto Him. And He is the All-hearing, the All-seeing. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 220)

(sahih) (صحيح)

He said: A man came to Abu’l Hasan ar-Rida عليه السلام from beyond the Balkh river and said: I will ask you a question, if your answer to me is the same as that which is with me [i will accept your cause]. So Abu’l Hasan عليه السلام said: Ask whatever you wish. So he said: Inform me about your Lord, when did He come into being? And how is His state? And upon what thing does He rely? So Abu’l Hasan عليه السلام said: Allah تبارك وتعالى was there before there was a “there”, and He was being before there was a “how”, and His reliance is upon His power. So the man rose to him and kissed his head, and said: I bear witness that there is no god except Allah, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and that `Ali is the deputy of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله and the succeeding upholder of what the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله established, and that you are the righteous Imams and the successors after them. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 233) Graded SAHIH by Alama Majlisi

جاء في كتاب رجال "الكشي ص 225 " قول جعفر بن محمد الصادق : ( فو الله ما نحن إلا عبيد الذي خلقنا واصطفانا ، وما نقدر على ضر ولا نفع ، وإن رُحمنا فبرحمته ، وإن عُذبنا فبذنوبنا ، والله مالنا على الله حجة ولا معنا من براءة ، وإنا لميتون ومقبورون ومنشورون ومبعوثون وموقوفون ومسؤولون ، ويلهم مالهم لعنهم الله فقد آذوا الله وآذوا رسوله في قبره وأمير المؤمنين وفاطمة والحسن والحسين وعلي بن الحسين ومحمد بن علي صلوات الله   أشهدكم أني امرؤ ولدني رسول الله وما معي براءة من الله إن أطعته رحمني وإن عصيته عذبني عذابا شديدا

It has been reported in Rijal Kashi (Page 225) that Imam Ja'far al Sadiq  (as) said: "By Allah! We are not but slaves of the one who created us and chose us, and we do not have control over (any) harm or benefit, and if we are shown mercy so it is by His rahmah (mercy/grace), and if we are punished then it is due to our own sins, by Allah we do not have a hujjah (overwhelming argument) upon Allah (to hold Him obliged) and no means of prevention from His turning (His mercy) away, and indeed we will definitely die, be buried, be gathered/spread out (on qiyamah), resurrected, raised and questioned. Torment/disaster be for them! What is wrong with them?! Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì's la'nah (damnation) be on them! (i.e. on those who claim otherwise) They have certainly hurt (angered) Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, His prophet  (pbuh) in his grave, Ali, Fatima, Hasan, Hussain, Zainul Abideen and al Baqir. Be witness you people that I have ordered my progeny of the prophet(pbuh), and none is with me (to protect) from bar'ah (dissociation) of Allah. If I obey Him then He will bless me and if I disobey Him then He will severely punish me."

From Aboo Khaalid Al-Kaabulee (Kankar) from Abee Ja`far (عليه السلام): He said: (asked about the words) «God tells a parable in which there is a company of quarrelsome people and only one of them is well disciplined. Can they be considered as equal? » (39:39).

He (عليه السلام) said: «The quarrelsome ones» are because the first ones gather the different ones in his leadership and they did la`nah (curse) and did bara’a (disassociate) from each other. «The well disciplined man» is the first in the matters of his right as well as his Shee`ahs (followers).

Then He (عليه السلام) said: “The Jews after Moosa (عليه السلام) separated into 71 sects of which one is in Jannah (i.e. Heaven) and the (remaining) 70 sects are in the fire (i.e. Hell).
And the Christians after `Eesa (عليه السلام) separated into 72 sects of which one sect is in Jannah and the (remaining) 71 (sects) are in the fire.
And this Ummah after the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) separated into 73 sects and 72 sects are in the fire and one sect is in Jannah and from the 73 sects, 13 of the sects plagiarize/impersonate friendship and wilayah of us (the Imaams), and 12 sects from it are in the fire, and one sect is in Jannah, and the (remaining) 60 sects from the rest of the people are in the fire”
Source:
1.     Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 8, pg. 224, hadeeth # 283
Grading:
1.     Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is Hasan (Good) à Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 26, pg. 153
2.     Al-Haadee Al-Najafee said this hadeeth has a Mu`tabar (Valid/Esteemed) Isnaad
à Mawsoo`ah aHaadeeth, vol. 8, pg. 399

Edited by al-Ibrahimi

حدثنا محمد بن موسى بن المتوكل قال حدثنا عبد الله بن جعفر الحميري عن أحمد و عبد الله ابني محمد بن عيسى عن الحسن بن محبوب عن العلاء بن رزين عن محمد بن مسلم عن أبي جعفر ع قال كان علي بن الحسين ع يقول أيما مؤمن دمعت عيناه لقتل الحسين ع حتى تسيل على خده بوأه الله تعالى بها في الجنة غرفا يسكنها أحقابا و أيما مؤمن دمعت عيناه حتى تسيل على خديه فيما مسنا من الأذى من عدونا في الدنيا بوأه الله منزل صدق و أيما مؤمن مسه أذى فينا فدمعت عيناه حتى تسيل على خده من مضاضة أو أذى فينا صرف الله من وجهه الأذى و آمنه يوم القيامة من سخط النار

“Any believer who cries his eyes for the killing of Al-Husayn (عليه السلام) until it (tears) flows upon his cheeks,

Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى) will install a room inhabited (for) ages. And any believer who cries his eyes until it flows

upon his cheeks about the harm that has happened to us from our enemies in the world, Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى)

will install sincerity/truth (in him). And any believer who feels hurt about us, Then cries his eyes until it flows

upon his cheeks from suffering what hurt us, Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى) will deter from his face hurt, and assure on

the day of judgment from His (سبحانه و تعالىDispleasure and the fire.”

Source:

1.     Al-Sadooq, Thawaab Al-`Amaal wa `Iqaab Al-`Amaal, pg. 83

Grading: Sahih 

Imam al-Qaim (atfs) in one of his letters says the following:

في ابنة رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله لي أسوة حسنة

"And in the daughter of the Prophet (saww) is an great/beautiful example for me"

[source: al-Ghaibah – Shaikh Toosi, Pg. 172 & Al-Ehtejaaj, Vol. 2, Pg. 467]

(Part of a long narration, only a small part is quoted here)

1855–6. ‘Alī ibn Ibrãhīm (–) his father (–) Ibn Abī ‘Umayr (–) ‘Umar ibn ‘Udhaynah (–) Zurãrah that Abū Ja‘far (‘a.s.) said:

The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said: 'Indeed, when gentleness is placed on a thing beutifies it, and when removed from anything it makes it ugly.' "

Hasan like Saheeh Graded by Alama Majlisi

peace seeker II and muhibb-ali like this

علي، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن ابن اذينة، عن زرارة، عن أبي جعفر عليه السلام قال: نزل جبرئيل عليه السلام على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله برمانتين من الجنة فأعطاه إياهما فأكل واحدة وكسر الاخرى بنصفين فأعطى عليا عليه السلام نصفها فأكلها، فقال يا علي أما الرمانة الاولى التي أكلتها فالنبوة ليس لك فيها شئ، وأما الاخرى فهو العلم فأنت شريكي فيه.

`Ali from his father from ibn Abi `Umayr from ibn Udhayna from Zurara from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام.

He said: Jibra’il عليه السلام descended upon the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله with two pomegranates from Paradise. So he (i.e. the Prophet) took one and ate it; then he broke the other into two halves. He then gave `Ali عليه السلام one half, and he ate it. So he said: O `Ali, the first pomegranate which I had eaten was prophethood; for you there is no share in it. And as for the second [pomegranate], it is knowledge, and you are my partner in it. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 679)

(hasan) (حسن)

http://www.imamiyya.com/hadith/usul-kafi/book-4/chapter-49

Imam ‘Ali ibne al-Husain (peace be upon him) has said:

“The verses of the Qur’an are treasures, and every time a treasure is opened up, it is desirable that you look at what is inside it.

Usulul al Kafi, Volume 2, Page 609

I like this.

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "Train your children in three things: the love of your Prophet, the love of his progeny, i.e. Ahlul Bayt, and recitation of the Qur'an."

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن أبي عبد الله، عن محمد بن عيسى، عن يونس ابن عبد الرحمن، عن الحسن بن السرى، عن جابر بن يزيد الجعفي قال: سألت أبا جعفر عليه السلام عن شئ من التوحيد، فقال: إن الله تباركت أسماؤه التي يدعا بها وتعالى في علو كنهه واحد توحد بالتوحيد في توحده (5)، ثم أجراه على خلقه فهو واحد، صمد، قدوس، يعبده كل شئ ويصمد إليه كل شئ ووسع كل شئ علما.

Several of our companions from Ahmad b. Abi `Abdillah from Muhammad b. `Isa from Yunus b. `Abd ar-Rahman from al-Hasan b. as-Sari from Jabir b. Yazeed al-Ju`fi.

He said: I asked Abu Ja`far عليه السلام something about monotheism (tawhid), so he said: Allah, whose names are holy and by them He is called, is exalted by His being. He is one; united solitarily in His oneness. He then made His creatures and thus He is one, self-sufficient (samad), and holy. He is worshiped by all things, and all things depend on Him. His knowledge expands over all things. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 320)

(majhool kal-sahih) (مجهول كالصحيح)