Rate this topic

It is narrated in the book, Dala’il al-Imamah of al-Tabari from Zakariyyah b. Adam who narrated the following incident.

One day, I was in the presence of Imām Ali al-Rida (alayhi salām) when his son, Imam Muhammad al-Jawad  (alayhi salām), who was less than four years old, was brought to him. When he was brought in, he struck his palms upon the ground and raised his head towards the heavens and remained engrossed in deep thought for a long time.

Seeing this, Imam al-Rida (alayhi salām) asked him, “May I be your ransom! What are you thinking about?

Imam al-Jawad (alayhi salām) replied, “I am engrossed in thought regarding the sufferings that befell my mother, Fātimah (Salam ulAllāh alayha). By Allāh! I will bring out those two men ('Umar and Abu Bakr) from their graves and burn them and then scatter their ashes into the seas.

Hearing this,  Imām Ali ibn Musa al-Rida (alayhi salām)  asked his son to be brought closer to him and then he kissed him on his forehead and said, “May my parents be your ransom! You are worthy for this affair (Imāmat).”

[Reference: House of Sorrows,  page 161]

:bismillah:

A man once asked Imam Ja’far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq (peace be upon both of them) how he should send his salutations upon Imam al-Qa’im (may Allah hasten his advent) and the Imam replied:

تَقُولُ: السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ يَا بَقِيَّةَ اللٌّهِ.

”Say: Greetings be upon you, O’ Remnants of Allah [As-Salamu ‘Alaykum Ya Baqiyatullah]!”

-Biharul Anwar, Volume 52, Page 373, Tafsir Furat ibn Ibrahim

"Had all people agreed to love Ali (as), than Allah would have never created hell." - Prophet Muhammad (s)

(1) روى العلامة الخطيب الخوارزمي بإسناده عن ابن عبّاس قال: قال رسول الله(صلى الله عليه وآله): لو اجتمعَ النّاس على حبّ عليّ بن أبي طالب لَما خلَقَ الله عزّ وجلّ النار(1). «لو أنّ أهل الأرض يُحبّون عليّاً كما تحبّه أهل السماء لما خلق اللهُ النّار» (2) روى الحافظ ابن أبي الفوارس في «الأربعين»(2) قال: الحديث الثالث والثلاثون ـ أخبرنا أبو عبد الله محمّد بن أبي بكر القرواني في مشهد عليّ بن جعفر بن محمّد، عن الحسين بن عليّ بن أبي طالب(عليهم السلام)، يرفعون الحديث إلى سعد بن عبادة قال: قال رسول الله(صلى الله عليه وآله): لمّا عرج بي الى السماء فكنتُ من رَبّي كقاب قوسين أو أدنى إذ سمعت النداء من قبل الله تعالى يقول: يا محمّد مَن تحبّ أنْ يكون مَعَك في الأرض؟ فقلتُ: اُحبُّ من يحبّ العزيز الجبّار ويأمر بمحبّته، فسمعت النداء من قبل الله تعالى يقول: يا محمّد أحبّ عليّاً فإنّي أُحبّه وأُحبّ مَن يُحبّه، قال فبكى جبرئيل(عليه السلام) حتى علا نحيبه وقال: والذي بعثَك بالحقّ نبيّاً لو أنّ أهلَ الأرضِ يحبُّون عليّاً كما تحبّه أهل السماء ما خلقَ الله النّار يعذّب بها أحَداً مِنْ عباده والسلام(3).(1) السيوطي الشافعي في «ذيل اللئالي»(ص 62 ط لكهنو).(2) احقاق الحق: ج 7 ب 191 ص 152 عن الاربعين ص 44. (3) ورواه المجلسي في البحار: ج 39 ص 248 ح 11. وفي الروضة: ص 39 و 40.

“Abu Ja’far, [as], has said that the Messenger of Allah [saw] has said, ‘I will be the first to arrive before the Majestic, the Almighty on the Day of Judgment, His book and my family, then my followers whom I will ask about what they have done to the book of Allah and my family.’”
محمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى ، عن محمد بن سنان ، عن أبي الجارود قال قال أبو جعفر عليه‌السلام قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله أنا أول وافد على العزيز الجبار ـ يوم القيامة وكتابه وأهل بيتي ثم أمتي ثم أسألهم ما فعلتم بكتاب الله وبأهل بيتي.
[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading:ضعيف. Mirat Al Uqul]

١٣- فلاح السائل: باسناده عن هارون بن موسى التلعكبري، عن محمد بن همام عن حميد بن زياد، عن الحسن بن محمد بن سماعة، عن المحسن بن معاوية بن وهب عن أبيه قال: دخلت على أبي عبد الله عليه السلام وقت المغرب فإذا هو قد أذن وجلس، فسمعته يدعو بدعاء ما سمعت بمثله، فسكت حتى فرغ من صلاته ثم قلت: يا سيدي لقد سمعت منك دعاء ما سمعت بمثله قط قال: هذا دعاء أمير المؤمنين ليلة بات على فراش رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم وهو " يامن ليس معه رب يدعى، يامن ليس فوقه خالق يخشى، يا من ليس دونه إله يتقى، يا من ليس له وزير يغشى، يامن ليس له بواب ينادى، يامن لا يزداد على كثرة السؤال إلا كرما وجودا، يامن لا يزداد على عظم الجرم إلا رحمة وعفوا، صل على محمد وآل محمد وافعل بي ما أنت أهله فإنك أهل التقوى و أهل المغفرة وأنت أهل الجود والخير والكرم "

13 - Falah al-Sa'il: by his isnad from Harun bin Musa al-Tala'kbari, from Muhammad bin Hamam, from Hamid bin Ziyad, from al-Hasan bin Muhammad bin Sama'a, from al-Muhsin bin Mu'awiyya bin Wahab, from his father, he said: I entered upon Abi 'Abd Allah, peace be upon him, at the time of Maghrib, and he had called out the adhan and sat. I heard him supplicating by a supplication the like of which I had never heard, so I remained silent until he finished his prayer, then I said: O master, I heard from you a supplication the like of which I have never heard. He said: this is the supplication of the Commander of the Faithful the night he slept in the bed of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his family, and it is: O He, with Whom no other lord is called, O He, above Whom there is no feared creator, O He, Whom there is no god above Him to be conscious of, O He, Who has no vizier to call, O He, Whom has has no gate keeper to call, O He, to Whom the asking of much is not but an increase in generosity and subsidence, O He, Who does not increase the magnitude of sins except with mercy and pardon, send blessings on Muhammad and the family of Muhammad and do to me what is worthy, indeed you are the worthiest of being feared and of granting forgiveness, and the Lord of generosity and goodness and nobility.

* I found this in Jawahir al-Kalam by shaykh al-Jawahiri, volume 9, page 107

Edited by Ali_Hussain

يقال : بأن زكريا كان يمنع ابنه يحيى من أن يحضر مجالسه لأنه لم يكن يحتمل مواعظ والده ، ولكن يحيى جاء و اختبأ تحت المنبر ، فصعد زكريا و أخذ يخوف الناس نار جهنم، و اذا به يجد يحيى يخرج من تحت المنبر باكيا ، و يهيم على وجهه في الصحراء ، فأخذ الناس يبحثون عنه في كل مكان ، فلم يجدوه الا بعد فترة جالسا على ماء ، يبكى بكاء مرا ، و يناجي ربه ، و يدعوه أن ينجيه من نار جهنم ، و قد ورد في حديث شريف ، عن أبي بعير قال: قلت لأبي عبد الله (ع) عن قوله في كتابه " حنانا من لدنا " قال :

" انه كان يحيى اذ قال في دعائه يا رب يا الله ! ناداه الله من السماء لبيك يا يحيى سل حاجتك

It is said that Zakariyya used to forbid his son Yahya from attending his gatherings because he would be unable to bear the preaching of his father. However Yahya went and hid under the pulpit, so Zakariyya rose and began to make the people fear the fire of hell, at which point Yahya was found coming out from beneath the pulpit crying and in bewilderment he headed out to the desert.

The people searched everywhere for him eventually finding him sitting on a puddle crying profusely whispering to his Lord, supplicating Him to be saved from the fire of hell.

And it has been reported in a noble narration, from Abi Ba'ir, from Abi 'Abd Allah (peace be upon him) regarding His saying in his book: and a compassion from Us (19:13), he said that it was Yahya when he said in his supplication: O Lord, O Allah! Allah called out to him from the sky: I am at your service O Yahya, so ask for (what) you need.

Noor al-Thaqalayn

تفسير علي بن إبراهيم: " يا أيها الذين آمنوا إذا ضربتم في سبيل الله فتبينوا ولا تقولوا لمن ألقى إليكم السلم لست مؤمنا تبتغون عرض الحياة الدنيا " فإنها نزلت لما رجع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله من غزوة خيبر، وبعث أسامة بن زيد في خيل إلى بعض قرى اليهود في ناحية فدك ليدعوهم إلى الاسلام، وكان رجل من اليهود يقال له: مرداس ابن نهيك الفدكي في بعض القرى، فلما أحس بخيل رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله جمع أهله وماله وصار في ناحية الجبل فأقبل يقول: أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله، وأن محمدا رسول الله، فمر به أسامة بن زيد فطعنه وقتله، فلما رجع إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله أخبره بذلك فقال له رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله: قتلت رجلا شهد أن لا إله إلا الله، وأني رسول الله؟ " فقال: يا رسول الله إنما قالها تعوذا من القتل، فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله: " فلا شققت الغطاء عن قلبه، لا ما قال بلسانه قبلت، ولا ما كان في نفسه علمت " فحلف أسامة بعد ذلك أنه لا يقاتل أحدا " شهد أن لا إله إلا الله، وأن محمدا رسول الله

O you who have faith! When you issue forth in the way of Allah, try to ascertain: do not say to someone who offers you peace, ‘You are not a believer,’ seeking the transitory wares of the life of this world (4:94)

It was revealed when the Prophet, peace be upon him and his family, returned from the Battle of Khaybar, and he sent Usama bin Zayd by horse to some of the Jewish villages around Fadak in order to invite them to Islam.

There was a Jewish man called Muras bin Nahik al-Fadaki in one of the villages and when he heard the sound of the horse of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his family, he gathered his family and his wealth and went to the vicinity of the mountain, and met him saying "I testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah", so Usama passed by him, stabbed him and killed him.

When he returned to the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his family, he informed him of that, so the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon and his family said: You killed a man who testified that there is no god but Allah and that I am the messenger of Allah?

So he replied: O Messenger of Allah, he only said that in order to save himself from being killed.

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon and his family then replied: (But) you did not uncover that which his heart concealed, nor did you accept that which his tongue uttered, nor did you know that what was in his soul.

After that, Usama took an oath that he would not fight against anyone who testified that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Tafsir al-Qummi

Edited by Ali_Hussain

أبي رحمه الله قال حدثني عبد الله بن الحسن المؤدب عن أحمد بن علي الأصبهاني عن إبراهيم بن محمد الثقفي عن محمد بن يحيى عن محمد بن إسحاق عن أبي هارون العبدي عن أبي سعيد الخدري قال كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله ذات يوم جالسا وعنده نفر من أصحابه فيهم علي بن أبي طالب عليه السلام إذ قال من قال لا إله إلا الله دخل الجنة فقال رجلان من أصحابه فنحن نقول لا إله إلا الله فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله إنما تقبل شهادة ان لا إله إلا الله من هذا ومن شيعته الذين أخذ ربنا ميثاقهم فقال الرجلان فنحن نقول لا إله إلا الله فوضع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله يده على رأس علي عليه السلام ثم قال: علامة ذلك أن لا تحلا عقده ولا تجلسا مجلسه ولا تكذبا حديثه

...from Abi Sa'id al-Khudri, he said: One day the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his family, was sitting and with him were a group of the companions, among whom was 'Ali bin Abi Talib, peace be upon him. When he (the Prophet) said: "he who proclaims that 'there is no deity but Allah' will enter paradise". Two of the companions then said: "we proclaim that 'there is no deity but Allah'" to which the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his family, replied that "the testimony that 'there is no deity other than Allah' is only accepted from this (person) and his followers, those with whom our Lord has taken a covenant." So the two men replied: "We say that 'there is no deity but Allah'." So the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his family, placed his hand upon the head of 'Ali, peace be upon him, and then said: "the sign of that is that you don't renege on your pact with him and (that) you don't sit in a disrespectful manner during his gatherings and (that) you don't deny his words"

Amali al-Saduq

أبي (ره) قال حدثني سعد بن عبد الله عن أحمد بن هلال عن محمد ابن عيسى الأرمني عن أبي عمران الخراط عن بشر الأوزاعي عن جعفر ابن محمد عن أبيه عليهما السلام قال من شهد أن لا إله إلا الله ولم يشهد أن محمدا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله كتب له عشر حسنات فان شهد أن محمدا رسول الله كتب له ألفي ألف حسنة

...from Bishr al-Awza'i, from Ja'far Ibn Muhammad, from his father, peace be upon them, he said: "He who testifies that 'there is no deity but Allah' without testifying that 'Muhammad is the messenger of Allah', peace be upon him and his family, ten good deeds are written for him. And if he testifies that 'Muhammad is the messenger of Allah' one million good deeds are written for him."

Amali al-Saduq

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Its reported that Imam #Moosa #Kazim (as) while in prison used to say the following in His prayers:

O'Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, You know that I used to ask You to give me free time to worship You. O'Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, You have done that. To You be Praise"

(al-Irshad, Shaikh Mufeed)

Imam #Moosa #Kaazim (as)

The Wrongly oppressed, buried (Trapped) unjustly, tortured in the bottom of the prisons and darkness of the prisons (dug inside the ground)

The one whose leg was bruised/broken/crushed by rings of the chains

المضطهد بالظلم، والمقبور بالجور، والمعذب في قعر السجون وظلم المطامير، ذي الساق المرضوض بحلق القيود

https://telegram.me/KnowTheAhlulbayt

"People of ma’arifat (recognition) see that the worldly people are more concerned about physical death. While more serious is the death of their hearts within their living bodies."
— Imam Ali [as], Nahj al-Balagha, Sermon 259

Muhammad ibn Ya’qub al-Kulayni (R) from Muhammad ibn Yahya, from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa, from, al-Hasan ibn Mahbub, from Mu’awiyah ibn Wahab, who said: 

“I heard Abu ‘Abd Allah Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã say: ‘When a servant turns to God with sincere repentance (tawbatan nasuhan), God loves him and covers him (i.e. his sins) in the world and the Hereafter.’ I said, ‘And how does He cover him? ‘The Imam Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã replied, “He makes the two angels (assigned to write his deeds) forget that which they have written of his sins. Then He inspires his bodily members (saying), “Do conceal his sins,” and He inspires the earth’s places (saying), “Conceal the sins that he used to commit over you.” Then he meets God, at the time that he meets Him, in such a manner that there is nothing to give witness against him regarding any sin.”

-Al-Kulayni, Usul al-Kafi, kitab al-’iman wa al-kufr, bab al-tawbah, hadith No. 1.

From the Messenger of Allah (saw), he said: "The Imams after me are twelve. The first one is 'Ali b. Abi Taleb (as) and the last of them is the Qa'im (as). The one who seeks nearness to them is a believer. And the one who rejects them is a disbeliever". [Kamal Aldeen, Hadith 4, Page 248]

https://ia801708.us.archive.org/18/items/348783478349/kmal-aldin.pdf

Imam Ali (as) said: "The best of deeds is that in which you have to urge yourself to perform it."  -Qassar al-Jamal Vol 2, p 74

He (as) also said: "A good deed becomes more valuable if it is done immediately; the doer regards it as something small (and as such he does not become proud of it), and does it quietly without expecting anything in return."  -Qassar al-Jamal Vol 2, p 30.

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله - في قولِهِ تعالى‏ : (لَهُمُ الْبُشْرَى‏ فِى الْحَيَوةِ الدُّنْيَا ...)۱ - : هي الرُّؤيا الحَسَنَةُ يَرَى المُؤمنُ فَيُبشَّرُ بها في دُنياهُ 

The Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå,

with regard to Allah's verse in the Qur'an "for them are glad tidings in the life of this world", said, 'This is in reference to the good dream which a believer has and which gives him good news in this world.'

'The world is of two types: that which causes one to attain [success in the Hereafter] and that which is cursed.' 

Imam Ali ibn Hussain Zayn al-'Abidin [as]
al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 317, no. 8

ـ الإمامُ الباقرُ أو الإمامُ الصّادقُ (عَلَيهِم الّسَلامُ): أثقَلُ ما يُوضَعُ في المِيزانِ يَومَ القِيامَةِ الصَّلاةُ على محمّدٍ وعَلى أهلِ بَيتِهِ . 

Imam al-Baqir and Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, ‘The heaviest thing to be placed on the scales on the Day of Resurrection is the invocation of blessings on Muhammad and his household (AS).’[Bihar al-Anwar, v. 94, p. 49, no. 9]

Prophet Mohammed (saww) said:

"The excellence of Imam Ali (as) over this Ummah (community) is like the excellence of the Month of Ramadan over the rest of the months"

"The excellence of Imam Ali (as) over this Ummah (community) is like the excellence of the night of Qadr over all of the other nights."

"The excellence of Imam Ali (as) over this Ummah (community) is like the excellence of Friday night over the other nights (of the week)."

"So Tooba (tree in heaven) is for the one who believes in Him and accepts His Wilayah. And affliction complete affiliction is for the one who rejects Him and rejects His rights. It is appropriate for Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì to deprive such a person the intercession of Mohammed (saww)"

(Bihar al Anwar, Vol.38, Pg.14)

قال رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله) :

فضل عليّ بن أبي طالب على هذه الأمة كفضل شهر رمضان على سائر الشهور.

وفضل عليّ على هذه الأمة كفضل ليلة القدر على سائر الليالي.

وفضل عليّ على هذه الأمة كفضل ليلة الجمعة على سائر الليالي، فطوبى لمن آمن به،

وصدّق بولايته،

والويل كل الويل لمن جحده وجحد حقه،

حقاً على الله أن يحرمه يوم القيامة شفاعة محمّد (صلى الله عليه وآله) .

بحار الأنوار ج38 ص14 ح21

https://t.me/KnowTheAhlulbayt

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله :  اِلْقَ أخاكَ بِوَجْهٍ مُنْبَسِطٍ . الكافي : 2 / 103 / 3 .

The Prophet SA said:

'Meet your brother with a cheerful face.' al-Kafi, no. 3

Trust in Allah

إيّاكَ والثِّقَةَ بنَفسِكَ ؛ فإنَّ ذلكَ مِن أكبَرِ مَصائدِ الشَّيطانِ . ح: 2678

Beware of being completely self-reliant, for that is one of the greatest snares of Satan. H: 2678 ~ Imam Ali AS in Ghurar al-Hikam

Salamon Alaikom, hadith from mizan.hadith.net

رسول اللّه صلى الله عليه و آله في بَيانِ عَلامَةِ الغافِلِ: أمّا عَلامَةُ الغافِلِ فَأَربَعَةٌ: العَمى، وَالسَّهوُ، وَاللَّهوُ، وَالنِّسيانُ

پيامبر خدا صلى الله عليه و آله در بيان نشانه غافل: امّا نشانه غافل، چهار چيز است: نابينايى، اشتباه، بازى و فراموشى

Edited by Ali.Isa

This topic is for hadith. If you want to discuss a certain hadith, please find a topic discussing that hadith or start a new topic. Off-topic posts without any hadith will be removed. Thanks for your cooperation.

The example of my household (Hazrat Zehra (SA) & the twelve imams) is like that of the Hazrat Nuh's (AS) ship. Who so ever boards it will get rescued (salvation) & the one who opposes the boarding of it, gets drowned. (JAMIASAGHIR VOL 2, P533 Hadith, 8162)

When the dooms day will come about, man will not move one step from his place till he is questioned about four things.
a. The way how he spent his life?
b. As to how did he wear out his youth?
c. About the wealth, as to where he got it from & in what way he spent it?
d. And about the love of us the household of prophet.
(TUHFUL AQOOL, P56)

.لقمان به پسرش گفت: اى پسرم! دانشمند يا دانش آموز، يا شنونده [ى دانش]، يا دوستدار [دانش] باش، و پنجمى نباش، و گرنه، نابود می شوى
عيون الأخبار لابن قتيبة: ج ۲ ص ۱۱۹ / حکمت نامه لقمان، ص70

Luqman said to His son: "O my son! Be a scholar or learner of knowledge [student], or the one who hears knowledge, or one who loves knowledge, and do not be the fifth otherwise you will perish."

I did receive this hadith when i was on date: 2017 July چهارشنبه 14 تير 1396       10 شوال 1438       5 from hadith.net