Hameedeh

Al-Islam.org Website

Rate this topic

Big news at my favorite website! I just went there and the site is down for maintenance. There was this message:

Site under maintenance

Al-Islam.org is currently under maintenance for adding some new features such as viewing audio/video content and making the site 'Wikipedia' like. We should be back shortly. Thank you for your patience.

http://www.al-islam.org/

On 12/30/2014 at 2:35 AM, hameedeh said:

Big news at my favorite website! I just went there and the site is down for maintenance. There was this message:

Site under maintenance

Al-Islam.org is currently under maintenance for adding some new features such as viewing audio/video content and making the site 'Wikipedia' like. We should be back shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Al-Islam.org is such a great site.  I can't wait to explore more!  BTW, if you don't mind my asking, is your name in honor of the wife of Imam as-Sadiq (as) ?  I just happened to listen to a lecture about him.  Anyway, looking forward to exploring more and inshallah learning more!

(wasalam)

On 12/30/2014 at 11:31 AM, reisiger said:

Al-Islam.org is such a great site.  I can't wait to explore more!  BTW, if you don't mind my asking, is your name in honor of the wife of Imam as-Sadiq (as) ?  I just happened to listen to a lecture about him.  Anyway, looking forward to exploring more and inshallah learning more!

(wasalam)

Salam. Actually I am a revert and I wanted a Muslim name. I love the name Muhammad so I wanted my name to be Muhammadah but my husband said no such name exists. He said Hamidah is the closest name I could have because Muhammad and Hamidah both have hamd in it. I chose my user name Hameedeh so I think people can pronounce it. InshaAllah.

On 12/30/2014 at 2:05 PM, hameedeh said:

Salam. Actually I am a revert and I wanted a Muslim name. I love the name Muhammad so I wanted my name to be Muhammadah but my husband said no such name exists. He said Hamidah is the closest name I could have because Muhammad and Hamidah both have hamd in it. I chose my user name Hameedeh so I think people can pronounce it. InshaAllah.

Wa alaikum salaam!  I'm a revert as well, but I never made the jump to changing my birth name.  There's nothing in it that would be problematic from a doctrinal point of view.  I'm not sure if I ever will.  That is a great story.  If I'm not mistaken, that root means "one who praises."  Cool fact, though, Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq's (as) wife was named Hamidah, so maybe a little bonus inshallah!

(wasalam)

R

On 12/30/2014 at 3:08 PM, reisiger said:

Wa alaikum salaam!  I'm a revert as well, but I never made the jump to changing my birth name.  There's nothing in it that would be problematic from a doctrinal point of view.  I'm not sure if I ever will.  That is a great story.  If I'm not mistaken, that root means "one who praises."  Cool fact, though, Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq's (as) wife was named Hamidah, so maybe a little bonus inshallah!

(wasalam)

R

(wasalam)

Yes, having the name of Hamidah is a great blessing since it is the name of a wife of an Imam AS and she is the mother of an Imam AS! My Christian family members still call me by my given name. My Muslim family and friends call me by my Muslim name. I haven't paid huge sums of money to a lawyer to change it. I'm sure I can use my money more wisely. 

Good news! al-Islam.org is open today! 

On 12/30/2014 at 4:45 PM, hameedeh said:

(wasalam)

Yes, having the name of Hamidah is a great blessing since it is the name of a wife of an Imam AS and she is the mother of an Imam AS! My Christian family members still call me by my given name. My Muslim family and friends call me by my Muslim name. I haven't paid huge sums of money to a lawyer to change it. I'm sure I can use my money more wisely. 

Good news! al-Islam.org is open today! 

(salam)

That is a great blessing indeed!  I need to learn more about the Imams (AS).  Wallahi I need to learn more in general! :)

Anyway, I wish I had Muslim family.  I'm working it; trying to make dawah to my family, but sadly they are either so jaded by a belief that religion is nonsense, or in the case of my mom, she's just comfortable with it because it's familiar.  In the first case, I think it's because I come from a Roman Catholic family, and many of us in our own way and time came to feel that it was man made and full of idolatry and lies.  Even though I didn't believe there was truth in the religion in which I was raised, I didn't disbelieve in Allah (s.w.t.), and subhanallah, He (s.w.t.) guided me to the Deen and it seems that He has continued to guide me toward the proper path in Islam.  That makes me so grateful, but I would be lying if I said I've never cried over fear for my family being in a loss on the Last Day. 

Anyway, so yeah, I wish I had more Deen in my family.  My wife has softened her stance on the issue; she has progressed from being an athiest to an agnostic and often says that Islam is undoubtedly the most reasonable and best of faiths, but she can't make that jump.  I make du'a every day, and I've asked her to just make that first step.  Mashallah.  I will continue making du'a though.  I know that Allah (s.w.t.) knows all and will answer it in His (s.w.t) own way and time.  So I don't despair of that, but yeah, it'd be great to not be the lone ranger out here. lol

Anyway, I agree on the name thing.  I wasn't trying to pay to change it, and thankfully nothing in my birth name is Christian.  So that was fortunate. 

Al-Islam is great!  May Allah (s.w.t.) reward all who work on that site for the amazing work they do.  It just might help a revert like me who has a whole lot still to learn!

(wasalam)

People who revert (or think about reverting) need to know that from that moment their parents have good deed(s) written in their book. Your ethical manners might attract them and inshaAllah even affect them for the better. Your prayers for them, as well as for your wife, are valuable. Be positive. :)

People who revert (or think about reverting) need to know that from that moment their parents have good deed(s) written in their book. Your ethical manners might attract them and inshaAllah even affect them for the better. Your prayers for them, as well as for your wife, are valuable. Be positive. :)

Thank you for the kind words, sister.  It never fails to amaze me how Allah (s.w.t.) gives us so many ways to have good deeds recorded.  I know that no du'a goes unanswered, and I trust that Allah (s.w.t.) will answer it how He will and when He will.  And everything that befalls us benefits us in this life or the hereafter.  Allahu Alim. :)

On 1/7/2015 at 8:05 AM, reisiger said:

(salam)

That is a great blessing indeed!  I need to learn more about the Imams (AS).  Wallahi I need to learn more in general! :)

Al-Islam is great!  May Allah (s.w.t.) reward all who work on that site for the amazing work they do.  It just might help a revert like me who has a whole lot still to learn!

(wasalam)

:) Brother it does not matter to be a revert or not ! I am learning always and I am thirsty to know more. It is an infinite path, since God is infinite.

:) Brother it does not matter to be a revert or not ! I am learning always and I am thirsty to know more. It is an infinite path, since God is infinite.

Agreed, my Brother!  I have a friend who asks me often about Islam, and I feel like I never know enough to give an answer.  Or the more I learn, the more I realize that I do not know.  But inshAllah, I will keep learning this Deen.  But I agree that the path is infinite. 

The Shia website Al-Islam.org sent me an email today. They have been a great website and they have big plans for the future and want our help, with feedback and/or donations. Thanks for considering this.

Salamun alaykum

We have big plans for Al-Islam.org to share with you.

But before we tell you more, here's what the Digital Islamic Library Project [DILP] team has been able to accomplish in promoting the teachings of the Ahl al-Bayt (a).

Accomplishments

Ever since the site began in 1995, Al-Islam.org has been one of the foremost destinations on the internet to learn about Islam. It consistently ranks on the first page of Google for the keyword "Islam", receiving more than half a million unique visitors every month from almost every country in the world.

We've digitized and hosted 1400+ quality Islamic full length texts, each carefully curated by our team, as well as hundreds of other high quality resources.

The topics covered range from spirituality & philosophy to history & family ethics. These are read by the young and old alike, and the information from the site is also referenced by the likes of politicians, academics and scholars.

During the past 3 years we've undertaken a significant effort to upgrade the underlying information and technology architecture of the site. We have also successfully launched Phase 1 from the high level strategic vision that can be seen here: http://www.al-islam.org/2.0/

Where Are We Headed Next?

We are excited to continue building on our success and implementing subsequent phases from this plan. Some the key projects that we will work on are:

• Provide an automated cross-linking between Qur'an & text resources
  • Design a better User Interface, to make it easier for visitors to find the right content
  • Create a Question & Answer Q&A section for visitors to interact with scholars
  • Improve collaboration features, to make content available in more languages
  • Improved infrastructure to secure from hacking attempts
  • Upgrade server infrastructure to serve larger number of users
  • Release a Mobile App for users to access content while on the move

How You Can Help

Our team primarily consists of volunteers around the world, and the finances are taken care of by donations from individuals like yourself.

As we continue to implement new phases and operate a more complex site serving an increasing number of users worldwide, we will be delighted to have more individuals come forward to financially support this noble cause.

We thought you may be interested to be one of such people. If you are, then please do donate generously so that you can have a share in our efforts to get the teachings of the Prophet (s) and Ahl al-Bayt (a) out to an even wider audience!

Our organization Ahlul Bayt DILP is registered in the US as a non-profit. We accept donations from the US and other countries. You can donate by clicking on the link below:

Click Here to Donate to Al-Islam.org

We pray to the Almighty to reward you for your contribution to this cause.

With salaams & our regards
Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project
http://al-islam.org

Good news! We can financially support al-islam.org website by listing them as our favorite charity before making a purchase at smile.amazon.com

Each purchase we make will automatically give part of the purchase price as a donation to al-islam.org 

Just be sure that you go to smile.amazon.com before you put the item in your cart. You can look at the browser at the top of your shopping page to make sure you are at smile.amazon.com 

Choose Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project as your charity! 

Support Al-Islam.org through the Amazon Smile Program

Fri, 05/27/2016 - 03:42

We are pleased to announce that you can also support us financially through the Amazon Smile program, at no cost to you. Here are the details:

1. How do we do it ?

Through Amazon Smile program, a simple and automatic way for you to support Al-Islam.org every time you shop, at no cost to you.

When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

2. How do I register for the Smile Program ?

We refer you to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/41-1971730 to register

3. How much is my Contribution to Amazon Smile Al-Islam.org project ?

The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases

3. I have more questions related to the Program

Please refer to this Web page for more detailed information http://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/ch/about

27 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

2. How do I register for the Smile Program ?

We refer you to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/41-1971730 to register

I was already registered with another charity, so when I clicked on the link it asked me, Would you like to change your charity to Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project? :) 

nothing but good things to say about al-islam.org, absolutely brilliant website and content MashaAllah. their "nutshell" leaflets, "ghadeer" section and multilingual quran are my personal favourites. I will donate myself InshaAllah and I urge everyone to donate even if its a small amount - theres very few shia websites like it in the world

Great news! al-islam.org just announced their Android app! This is it:

Salaamun Alaykum & Greetings!

We're pleased to share with you the release of the official Al-Islam.org Android app.

With the Al-Islam.org app, you can:

• Access topic wise over 1700+ books, journals & articles
  • Watch 2000+ media resources on various topics
  • Search the library on topics that interest you
  • Download any text to read offline

New books are added to the library every week which you can access from the app.

Our team is also working on releasing an iOS version of the app very soon. 

Make sure you choose the AhlulBayt DILP app. Look for this logo:

AhlulBayt DILP.jpg

Good news on how you can help al-islam.org website. You can apply to become a Volunteer. Do you have skills to help the website grow ? They need workers to fill these roles:

SEO Expert

Blogger

Time Line Creator

Software Tester

Site Search Optimizer

Podcast

Apply here: http://blog.al-islam.org/volunteer/?__s=fmcrods95xo3uhrasffn