Sign in to follow this  
LadyNadine

Eczema

bismilah alrahman alraheem,

salam alaikum,

i think i had eczema in its early stages twice, and tried all kinds of stuff. of course the honey/cinnamon/olive oil/coconut oil mix did help (can be used as a mask on the effected area .. spread it then wash it off 20 minutes later with lukewarm water .. and i'd add lots of cream afterwards), but only one thing really made it clear completely .. which is also linked to the reason i got it in first place:

stopped taking showers multiple times a day .. and cut it down to bare minimum .. meaning that it's at least once a week for jumah prayer, and when i did shower .. and still do .. i keep it short, use coldish water, and do the following .. add normal cream from pharmacy (without paraben and perfume in cream) to the affected area AT LEAST like 5 times a day!!!!! (more often than 5 is even better and if spread over more areas it's better too) .. and especially after shower or washing .. while ideally one should add it all over the body. Then there is of course oils that help. 

I think the reason for eczema in my case was being a water and shower addict ( = DRY SKIN ). Partly it was a punishment from Allah for wasting water and standing under the shower for hours .. what i also recommend is rather taking baths if one really wants to spend time in water .. as one can also put bath oils etc .. better for skin + one saves water.

anyway, the trick is simple .. minimize exposure to water & add cream as much as possible .. that's it!  (also avoid sun that also dries skin .. and if you must go into sun, add oils creams before and after sun )

hope it goes well and fi aman ilah

wasalam

peace

Edited by peace seeker II

Treatment will depend on cause. I get allergic eczema on my hands from time to time and it is quite painful and embarrassing. I used to treat it with hydrocortisone cream, but developed an allergy to the cream. I now use neospirin eczema essentials lotion and also try to avoid exposure to allergens. Applying coconut oil helps too, but is messy. Coconut oil also protects when I can't avoid exposure to allergens - in my case chlorine causes a breakout, so I apply coconut oil to my hands before going to a swimming pool. So far this is helping a lot.

Mainly, you need to figure out what is causing your eczema, and work from there.

Treatment will depend on cause. I get allergic eczema on my hands from time to time and it is quite painful and embarrassing. I used to treat it with hydrocortisone cream, but developed an allergy to the cream. I now use neospirin eczema essentials lotion and also try to avoid exposure to allergens. Applying coconut oil helps too, but is messy. Coconut oil also protects when I can't avoid exposure to allergens - in my case chlorine causes a breakout, so I apply coconut oil to my hands before going to a swimming pool. So far this is helping a lot.

Mainly, you need to figure out what is causing your eczema, and work from there.

You seriously got allergic to hydrocortisone? What happened when you applied it? Itch? Redness? Swelling?

You seriously got allergic to hydrocortisone? What happened when you applied it? Itch? Redness? Swelling?

Increased cracking, blistering, and redness, along with swelling and tingling. I'm also allergic to beeswax, so most likely it is a reaction to an inactive ingredient, not to the medicine.

Having Eczema can be too irritating and disgusting it is also very dry. You need to hydrate your skin and use a moisturizing soap that is mild or natural. There are also natural remedies for eczema and I like to try it. Have any of you tried natural remedy on Eczema?

Don't listen to unknown people.

Go to your local hospital and tell them this.

They will probably give you a creme or something

Worst advice I have ever taken in my life. I've had eczema since childhood and now it is all over my body. I've went to several doctors, tried many medications (cortisone was the worst) and none cured them. And when we spoke to the doctor he said, "There is really no cure to eczema."

I have seen and heard people who completely got rid of eczema by doing  Qi Gong. Others got rid of it by nutrition.

There's a book called "The Eczema Diet", I recommend it but it is extremely limiting and you can't eat certain things in each stage.

Honey is good as well as coconut oil.The oil has to be used on wet skin,then it's not messy and the skin gets hydrated,too.Reducing stress and strengthen the immune system by eating very healthy food.

Fruits like papaya and pomegranate are very helpful against skin problems.

Allah knows best.

Your muscle isn't coming out -_- 

It depends on the type of eczema and also what are your triggers for the breakout.

Find a good moisturizer and always use a mild soap. Some people think using agents to dry the skin will help, but it actually makes it worse. You need to conserve the natural oils of your skin. Bacteria is also a culprit for eczema breakout's; it doesn't indicate you are (in fact) not clean, it's just that bacteria do dwell on the normal flora of the skin, and depending on the moisture level's (for you) they can cause a flare-up.

If it's from an allergen, then you will have to find out what those causative agents are: Laundry detergent, soap, heat, dust, food, etc...

Stress is also a contributing factor.

If you haven't already, go to your primary healthcare provider and have it looked into for diagnostic purposes. There are many holistic (alternative methods) that can be used to help eczema, which it seems member's have posted for you :)

There is no cure for this dermatological condition; however, if you find out the cause, it will reduce the flare-up's and decrease the outbreaks.

Don't scratch! B)

Yes, this is an older post, but I hope you got this taken care of, Insha'Allah.

Edited by AhlulBayt_313

Worst advice I have ever taken in my life. I've had eczema since childhood and now it is all over my body. I've went to several doctors, tried many medications (cortisone was the worst) and none cured them. And when we spoke to the doctor he said, "There is really no cure to eczema."

I have seen and heard people who completely got rid of eczema by doing Qi Gong. Others got rid of it by nutrition.

There's a book called "The Eczema Diet", I recommend it but it is extremely limiting and you can't eat certain things in each stage.

Cortison is pretty weak, ask them for something stronger.

When you go to the doctor show them u are serious, that it affects u socially etc. That you need something strong. And tell them what you done urself.

Eventually they will feel sorry and try to help u little more.

Btw does exczem make u scratch ur body? Idk if I use correct word (scratch)

Yes, it can cause pruritus (itching), especially when the skin is trying to heal and/or from an infection.

You have to be very careful using stronger ointments and creams. Not everyone can tolerate the dosages, and it can even make it worse and more bothersome.

If you have pruritus and/or your skin is irritating from an outbreak, it's helpful to put a cool compress over the site. Take a washcloth or towel (dampened with cool water) and place over the area to calm the skin.

Edited by AhlulBayt_313

Cortison is pretty weak, ask them for something stronger.

When you go to the doctor show them u are serious, that it affects u socially etc. That you need something strong. And tell them what you done urself.

Eventually they will feel sorry and try to help u little more.

Btw does exczem make u scratch ur body? Idk if I use correct word (scratch)

Cortison used to burn my scalp once applied. It would go away for a week then return.

I showed how serious it was, unfortunately they all gave the same thing or something else that never even worked.

It depends. Since I am in the UK right now it doesn't really itch as much. But when I start to sweat I scratch like crazy. Sometime when I go from a cold area to a hot area my whole body starts to itch and I pretty much have to scratch anywhere that has eczema on it.

I usually wear a hat because there are flakes of it that come out of my hear and it's annoying when it's pointed out. When I shave or trim my hair it usually leaves my scalp but appears somewhere else (beard or arm mostly).

I know that it has something to do with my liver, it's weak most likely and my immunity isn't that strong either.

Eczema can be pretty tricky to treat. Take lukewarm baths with some added emulsifying oil and use moisturisers -petroleum jelly- and keep the skin hydrated always. Keep it clean, because cracked skin is an easy entry for bacteria. Please see a dermatologist, because there are drugs other than topical steroids that can be taken. They are called immunomdulators. Maybe your dermatologist can prescribe them if you don't benefit from topical hydrocortisone. Also, you should make note of your diet and stay away from foods that cause your eczema to flare up.

I have personally seen dermatologists apply cod-liver oil on just about anything, from burns to skin cancer and they say it's really good. It's an emollient and helps hydrate the skin. It is rich in vitamin A and omega3 and very good. You can use colloidal oatmeal as a remedy for itchiness and dryness. 

Over all, atopic dermatitis or eczema is hard to treat in some people. I really hope your condition gets better. I hope yo find a good dermatologist who is serious about finding a suitable treatment and actually listens to you. 

I hope this helps. 

Edited by Neptuncurse

I have seen and heard people who completely got rid of eczema by doing  Qi Gong. Others got rid of it by nutrition.

S/A

Have you looked into Red Skin Syndrome / Topical Steroid Addiction??

Corticosteroids are potent and can cause addiction very quickly.. it seems like you may have TSA since you used them and now have a widespread rash.. 

I'd really recommend looking at www.itsan.org (international topical steroid addiction network)

S/A LadyNadine, 

You might want to try an elimination diet, removing dairy, wheat (even gluten), soy, and corn.. 

I think eczema is more of a symptom of something wrong in your body, not really a 'disease' in itself. 

I'd suggest going to a naturopathic doctor and/or getting tested for any micronutrient deficiencies. 

I used to have eczema too, Alhamdulillah it's gone (I completely overhauled my diet :)

A woman that I know had a rash on the back of her hands and forearms and when she asked her doctor about it he asked if anyone in her family had asthma. She said yes, her father had asthma. Then he said, You are lucky that you only have eczema and not asthma. I hope that doesn't sound off-topic. I think the doctor might be saying that eczema and asthma are genetic?

A woman that I know had a rash on the back of her hands and forearms and when she asked her doctor about it he asked if anyone in her family had asthma. She said yes, her father had asthma. Then he said, You are lucky that you only have eczema and not asthma. I hope that doesn't sound off-topic. I think the doctor might be saying that eczema and asthma are genetic?

Asthma and atopic dermatitis (eczema) are both atopic -allergic- reactions and they often come hand in hand. Some people have genetic predisposition for atopy which is the reason why you see these condition run in families. They result from an overactive immune system that reacts too strongly to allergens. They are very common hypersensitivities. People who have asthma and eczema often have food allergies as well. 

I and my sister both have eczema, and my son and my sister's daughter both had asthma, though my son has outgrown it. Most of my family have pollen allergies.

On the bright side, people in my family rarely get sick, and when we do, we recover quicker than most people.

salam alaikum, i think my case turned out to be rosacea, and because of my eye for detail, i started noticing how soooo many people have it. especially among whiter folks .. anyway, what helps me the most now is diet. when i eat certain foods it makes my face kind of reddish, as if i have a tan .. so i avoid them. will go make allergy tests eventually, but i found that wheat related foods are the worst for me. so it could be gluten related, and God knows .. maybe GMO's are to be blamed. in any case, i read about this .. and i'm sure it's the same with eczema ..with the right food, and avoiding the wrong food, the matter heals totally .. one thing that helped a lot i think is apple cider vinegar .. diet turns out to be important here. hope that zuhur is soon, so the pharma companies can stop fooling us to make an extra buck ..

I saw an article on a newsight today...pretty sure it was the Mail Online...about a girl who had dreadful eczema. I skip-read it but it seemed she cured it by applying oatmeal to her skin. Just Google 'eczema daily mail'.

(salam) 

Honey is known to be one of the powerful treatments for all remedies. 

Allah swt has given honey a special factor.

"70 prophets had supplicated for Honey and it gets rid of many illnesses."

​Imam Ali ibn Musa al-Riḍa (as) states:

"There is shifa in three things, Honey, Milk and Quran'.

It is found that mixture of Honey and Cinnamon cures many diseases,Eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections are cured by applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts.

May Allah s.w.t cure and heal all skin diseases and infections insha'Allah

(wasalam)