Sign in to follow this  
greenisabelle

Coconut Oil For Skin

Coconut oil can be used in many ways it can be used in cooking, baking and also for our skin. Coconut oil has its repairing factor that can repair our skin from damage it has also Vitamin E that is good for our skin. I am fond of using beauty products with coconut oil because of its benefit and I found a natural facial mask with coconut oil few months ago. This product really works on my skin and it leaves my skin, smooth, soft and brighter.

en → af
sy

^I recently read on a beauty blog that I read regularly that coconut oil is quite good for hair, especially for growing long hair and repairing damaged hair. 

I cant stand the smell of coconut oil, I have noticed that onces you stop using it your skin get dry patchs. Maybe,my skin did not react will with the oil. Same thing with the hair.

I can say that argon oil is very good for the hair and you can even use it on the skin,it turely makes the skin super soft.

I cant stand the smell of coconut oil, I have noticed that onces you stop using it your skin get dry patchs. Maybe,my skin did not react will with the oil. Same thing with the hair.

I can say that argon oil is very good for the hair and you can even use it on the skin,it turely makes the skin super soft.

Ahh, but argan oil is sooo expensive, you know?  I have never used it because of that.  

Ahh, but argan oil is sooo expensive, you know?  I have never used it because of that.

Salam,

You can try amazon or ebay,they have good prices. You just need a tiny bit. I brought this conditioner that has argan oil for like £10.00 from tk max, the bottle is big, I been using it for a while and it still not finished.

Hi greenisabelle,

Thanks for sharing! Can it be used for our hair too?

Yes, coconut oil can be used for hair as a hair conditioner it will leave your hair smooth, shiny and soft. By the way, I am using a natural Japanese silk facial treatment mask at least twice a month to hydrate and treat my skin. I really love this product because it doesn't cause me breakouts or irritations.

^I recently read on a beauty blog that I read regularly that coconut oil is quite good for hair, especially for growing long hair and repairing damaged hair. 

I have never used coconut oil on my skin, but sounds good.

& yeah i have used coconut & castor oil for my hair (eyebrow hair) because when i was a little kid, i plugged my eyebrows trying to copy my mum & i ruined them, so then i found out coconut is good for your hair, i used it with castor oil on my eyebrows & now they're gone perfect.

Edited by Rosiee

I have never used coconut oil on my skin, but sounds good.

& yeah i have used coconut & castor oil for my hair (eyebrow hair) because when i was a little kid, i plugged my eyebrows trying to copy my mum & i ruined them, so then i found out coconut is good for your hair, i used it with castor oil on my eyebrows & now they're gone perfect.

(salam)

When you use coconut oil a lot on the skin, it seems good, but when you stop using it, it leaves your skin really dry.

Recently, someone introduced me to (organic) Musk Rose Oil, and I must say, it really is amazing, you apply it to your face and neck before bed, and your skin absorbs it. If you are used to using cream, and have been using it for years, it takes a bit of getting used to for a few days (not applying cream), but after that, there is no looking back.

I was told that to conserve it, it should be kept in the fridge, and because of that, I would only use it 3 or 4 times a week (if I'm upstairs, I'm too lazy to go back down) - it's been two weeks since I've used it, and it is only today that I can feel a bit of dryness in my skin.

(Mind you, it was a bit awkward when I went into the pharmacy to look for some, I asked the guy behind the till if they sold it, and then he smiled and winked at me and said "You know, I use that" ....(word edited by mod, next time you will be banned)

(salam)

When you use coconut oil a lot on the skin, it seems good, but when you stop using it, it leaves your skin really dry.

Recently, someone introduced me to (organic) Musk Rose Oil, and I must say, it really is amazing, you apply it to your face and neck before bed, and your skin absorbs it. If you are used to using cream, and have been using it for years, it takes a bit of getting used to for a few days (not applying cream), but after that, there is no looking back.

I was told that to conserve it, it should be kept in the fridge, and because of that, I would only use it 3 or 4 times a week (if I'm upstairs, I'm too lazy to go back down) - it's been two weeks since I've used it, and it is only today that I can feel a bit of dryness in my skin.

(Mind you, it was a bit awkward when I went into the pharmacy to look for some, I asked the guy behind the till if they sold it, and then he smiled and winked at me and said "You know, I use that" ....(word edited by mod, next time you will be banned)

Ah, thanks for letting me know!

Oils should be used on wet skin otherwise the skin gets dry after a while. As for the face one needs to use a good cream but with no glycerine.Glycerine is a very cheap filling product in almost all creams.It makes your skin dry and it longs for more cream and the cream industry gets happy because we buy more and more cream.

I would recommend rose or argan-oil for the night but a glycerine free cream for the day.

Now have fun with googling for glycerine free creams. I use creams from this organic small company which get applied on wet skin...dunno if available where you are.http://www.martina-gebhardt-naturkosmetik.de/en/home/

I have super dry skin and I'm very proud. Better than oily pimple skin.

Is there anything you are not proud of about yourself...lol. Edited by mina313

I have super dry skin and I'm very proud. Better than oily pimple skin.

but having super dry skin isn't good, your skin will look rough & it can cause allot of bad things to your skin. Also they do say that people with dry skin tend to have wrinkles appear sooner in their life, not all the time, but it happens. 

It's been brought to my attention that there might be some confusion about this, it was a (bad) joke, when mods edit a comment, they write in black writing that seems super imposed.

When my skin gets really dry, or in winters, i used coconut oil or Shea butter, but otherwise just general face creams (natural if i purchase them myself). I use Arga oil for my son, it works really well and smells amazing. 

I'm interested in trying the Musk Rose Oil Ali mentioned. 

In the summers, i try and keep a rosewater and lemon spray - works really well and keeps you refreshed. 

Anyone tried olive oil? My friend used to and it really did his face well. 

Good to know i'm not the only guy who uses this stuff or keeps an interest in it lol

Olive oil is very good.The human skin's oil-structure similiar to it but you need a good one.

I don't like to use it because its smell reminds me of food...whereas rose oil on rosewater wet skin feels and smells sooo much better. It's much more expensive than olive oil but it's worth it.

Organic rose oil is boss.

Rose oil is desinfective and very rich in lots of other effective agents.Rose oil or essence is also used in Aroma-therapies because its smell strenghtens the heart and soothes the mind.So it's very good for body and soul.

I use it at night because I need a cream with UV protection and therefore I use a sheabutter cream which has a little natural sun-protector. But oil on wet skin can be sufficient for men because you have a thicker skin and it won't get too dry by using oil.

It really depends on the skin and one has to try but keep in mind that oil is only effective on wet skin to give the skin hydratation.

Other oils that I can recommend are Jojoba,Sweet Almond,Apricot-Kernel,Pomegranate-Seed and Lemon oil.

btw the prophet (pbuh)recommended to use oil for body and hair,so we all should be at least a bit interested in it,I think.

Edited by mina313

What is a good oil for the hair? Right now, I only use shampoo once a week, then I'll put some coconut oil in it, then the rest of the week, I'll use almond oil (just because I heard nuts are good for keeping hair strong)

* About coconut oil on the skin, I've been told by people that you have to use the organic one to get good effects, I was using the same one that I use to cook, so perhaps that is the reason that I didn't get good results from it. (Although, I have been told that the smell of coconut oil on the skin can be a bit unpleasant for certain people, especially if they are in the car with you - that is also one of the reasons that I stopped using it.)

5097c6b7c672d.jpg

We have this brand as well, you can tell the difference in quality, from smell to feel (but it is still a bit greasy if you ask me)

vitacocojar.jpg

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Almond oil is good for hair, i used to use it a long while back at night times before i slept, but i stopped because i dislike the smell. 

With olive oil, which is also good, you have to make sure you get the right one - i.e. don't use olive oil for cooking as a hair or skin oil. 

If you get really dry skin, black seed oil is amazing. I remember buying it once and not using it, which really annoyed my mother since it was so expensive. 

Coconut oil keeps the skin nice and firm and holds in moisture very well. 

Jojoba and Pomegranate seed as sr. Mina mentioned are also very good. I'd also add egg products (or a real egg), ceder, garlic and other fruit based shampoos (lol reminds me of the meme that a white mans shampoo has more fruit in it than family in Africa's weekly diet, or something like that). Some of the weirdest shampoos have the best effects.

Females can also apply henna, which also works wonders (depending on the hair). For males, if you can get away with it, henna is good for the skin too, especially the soles of the feet.  

For hair the best oil is castor oil. Mix a few drops with a bit jojoba oil and massage it on your scalp and a bit on your hair,then wait half an hour and wash your hair.

About the coconut oil...well you can smell the ppl before you see them..lol.But it's still a good oil.

All oils should be organic,they are the most effective because they still contain all the agents.Same with rosewater.

For the face you just a need a little bit of oil and coconut oil is more greasy than other oils but on wet skin it shouldn't be to greasy.

If you get really dry skin, black seed oil is amazing. I remember buying it once and not using it, which really annoyed my mother since it was so expensive.

Is black seed oil habb al-baraka?

The oil which is recommened by the prophet (pbuh) as a remedy against almost everything?

Edited by mina313

Yes,you can find it it there. You need to make sure that what you’re buying is 100% first-pressed expeller-pressed (or “cold pressed”) organic jojoba oil. This is often labeled ‘unrefined’. See if you can get one in a dark glass bottle if not keep it away from daylight.

It lasts very long and you can use it for the body too.If you have dry skin mix it with Olive oil.

I found this one https://www.lovelula.com/products/balm-balm-base-oil-jojoba-100ml

Edited by mina313