syeduddin

Post Various Pics Here

Rate this topic

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ 

In loving memory of that wonderful thread that Ali-F started but then was mistakenly merged with another one, but it is all fine mistakes happen and we can move on from that  :angel: .

So therefore i would like to continue it on as it was a wondrous thread where users posted various pics which was inquisitive, fun or even sad to look at and start this off by posting some pics.

Glacier Perito Moreno, Argentina

glacier-perito-moreno-argentine.jpg

Desert in Yemen

camel-desert_298.jpg

Beautiful Masjid in Iran

stunning-architecture.jpg

Edited by syeduddin

That definitely breaks some stereotypes and mental images.

But why?

How much of Pakistan is actually covered by the mountains?

I once read in a picture book about Iran (published in Iran), that Iran is divided into one third mountainous areas, one third forested areas, and one third desert areas. And that is such c.rap I don't even know where to start. Yes, a third of Iran is mountainous, and perhaps a lot of the mountainous parts are also forested... but the other two thirds (excepting the northern subtropic which constitutes maybe 5 percent of the country) are all desert. And yes, it's true that it doesn't mean that the people there are just swimming in sand. Desert areas can have seasons, different types of precipitation, etc...

But if we are honest with ourselves, then we wouldn't say that Iran is one third desert. It is two thirds desert. That's just fact. There is nothing we can do about that.

Why have we come to believe that our climates are something to be ashamed of?

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know how much of Pakistan is covered by the Himilayas.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know how much of Pakistan is covered by the Himilayas.

pk_zps959df650.jpg

The snow-peaked mountains in post #9, and many others of the same type that Pakis post, come from the big red circle in the north. That's Himalayan and other mountain ranges and there are the world's second highest peak and other highest peaks.

The two blue circles are where there are mountains and considerable greenery. [i have missed some mountainous green spots in Sindh which are very small]

The rest of the mountains that you see in the map are - mostly - grey and lifeless, quite like Iranian Sistan-Baluchistan.

The cool thing is that we have every type of landscape a person can possibly imagine. From the likes of mountains you often see to massive desert streches, and from dry mountains to green agricultural plains. From -45 Celsius in the north to +52 Celsius in the central plains.

The part of the country where I come from is borderline between rich arable plains and a lonely desert segueing into India.

pk_zps959df650.jpg

The snow-peaked mountains in post #9, and many others of the same type that Pakis post, come from the big red circle in the north. That's Himalayan and other mountain ranges and there are the world's second highest peak and other highest peaks.

The two blue circles are where there are mountains and considerable greenery. [i have missed some mountainous green spots in Sindh which are very small]

The rest of the mountains that you see in the map are - mostly - grey and lifeless, quite like Iranian Sistan-Baluchistan.

The cool thing is that we have every type of landscape a person can possibly imagine. From the likes of mountains you often see to massive desert streches, and from dry mountains to green agricultural plains. From -45 Celsius in the north to +52 Celsius in the central plains.

The part of the country where I come from is borderline between rich arable plains and a lonely desert segueing into India.

Thanks for the info.

I don't know if Pakistan has the equivalent of our Persian Pridists.

I remember seeing on youtube comments right before the start of the World Cup, when some stupid Arab was arguing with some stupid Iranian. The Arab said he hoped a record is broken at Iran's expense and that Iran wouldn't score a single goal or earn a single point in their group. The Iranian called the Arab's country "sandy." Then the Arab said: well according to this video, YOUR country is the sandy country. (The video mentioned that Iran has an arid climate). And the Iranian said: well I grew up in Mazandaran and everything there is lush and green and the only sand I saw was on the coast of the Caspian sea.

Mazandaran is, of course, not representative of all of Iran. Mazandaran is green and lush because the Alborz mountains block in all the moisture from the sea. That's why the rest of the country is mostly dry.

But some people are deluded. They want to think that their country has a European climate. I can't stand them.

Meanwhile, in the US, barren wastelands like California are hailed as paradise. The world has been turned on its head.

Edited by baradar_jackson

But some people are deluded. They want to think that their country has a European climate. I can't stand them.

People can have their personal preferences for climes and weathers but it is nonsense to take their home city clime and stretch it to generalise over the whole country. They are those who can't see beyond the tips of their nose. There's no reason why we should have European climes. That's no criteria for natural beauty. Sillies.

Personally I love the natural, bare beauty of my desert - Cholistan desert. I function better in heat than in cold. Could be just my genetic make up. Those beautiful, tall, majestic, snow-peaked summits in Pakistan are as much alien to me as English vales and Scottish Highlands.

PS: I forgot. Some parts of the KP and FATA tribal region also have green mountains. Pity they are under the grip of the terrorists and the war is ongoing as we speak.

Some pics from Cholistan and other places - see the contrast with mountainous north.

Derawar Fort

derawarfortcover2.jpg

Cholistan_Jeep_Rally_Event.jpg

5074964553_844ab4a6fa.jpg

Thar desert - Sindh

000076.jpg

This is from Balochistan - the train en route to Pak-Iran border. I have travelled this route as a teen several times. Takes almost 3 days from Quetta to Taftan-Mirjaveh border.

pakistan12.jpg

This man was arrested at Dubai Airport, claming that he is a descendant of Satan!

القبض على وافد فجر اليوم في مطار دبي زاعما انه من سلالة ابليس !

10492507_811335782219925_273023864016815

10486215_811335812219922_157538104724911

But why?

How much of Pakistan is actually covered by the mountains?

I once read in a picture book about Iran (published in Iran), that Iran is divided into one third mountainous areas, one third forested areas, and one third desert areas. And that is such c.rap I don't even know where to start. Yes, a third of Iran is mountainous, and perhaps a lot of the mountainous parts are also forested... but the other two thirds (excepting the northern subtropic which constitutes maybe 5 percent of the country) are all desert. And yes, it's true that it doesn't mean that the people there are just swimming in sand. Desert areas can have seasons, different types of precipitation, etc...

But if we are honest with ourselves, then we wouldn't say that Iran is one third desert. It is two thirds desert. That's just fact. There is nothing we can do about that.

Why have we come to believe that our climates are something to be ashamed of?

That's hardly what I was getting at. For me, someone living in the west, I'm not really going to pay much attention to a country like pakistan. What is around me and what enters my mind is that it's just a muslim india, meaning that I won't see much of it unless it's what they show on the major/interesting media outlets. Personally, i don't give a hoot about either country. So yea, i have not really gone out of my way to google some pretty pics of pakistan. I hope you understand what im trying to say. It's just not that interesting to me, seeing the above pic mentioned was surprising to me, which is totally not what I expected of it.

I think you went a bit off the far end. You assumed too much.

That's hardly what I was getting at. For me, someone living in the west, I'm not really going to pay much attention to a country like pakistan. What is around me and what enters my mind is that it's just a muslim india, meaning that I won't see much of it unless it's what they show on the major/interesting media outlets. Personally, i don't give a hoot about either country. So yea, i have not really gone out of my way to google some pretty pics of pakistan. I hope you understand what im trying to say. It's just not that interesting to me, seeing the above pic mentioned was surprising to me, which is totally not what I expected of it.

I think you went a bit off the far end. You assumed too much.

Actually no, at least i don't understand what you're trying to stay. To claim ignorance of the world, esp of places where your genes come from, and then to boast about it and then bask in that lack of knowledge isn't something to be proud of, or to be said aloud; it's something one doesn't say and listen to others who know better.

If you are happy to become another ignorant American with brown skin and a Muslim name, so be it, your choice, but unless you travel the world, read about it, get to know it, you are in no position to make any judgements.