Abu Hadi

Reverts to Islam [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

143 posts in this topic

[ADMIN NOTE]: This is a thread devoted to sharing stories and issues pertaining to all reverts to Islam, particularly Shia Islam. Allah bless you.

Salam Alekum, I am writing an article regarding women reverts to Islam. The common belief amoung researchers is that the vast majority of revert women between 17 to 35 are married to non revert men (arab, persian, indo/pak, etc).

So I would like as many revert sisters as possible to participate in order to get some good information regarding this subject. Please do not vote unless you are a revert to Islam, a women, (not born into a muslim family and currently identify your religion as Islam) and between the ages of 17 to 35.

Some definitions. Non revert muslim man. A man who was born into a muslim family and currently identifies his religion as Islam

revert muslim man. A man who was not born into a muslim family and currently identifies his religion as Islam.

I am 20 years. I reverted to Islam when I was 18, at 18 1/2 I met and married a man from Iraq. :)

Salams,

Well, i am a revert, born into what you would call 'culturally christian' family (more athiest leaning actually). My husband was born into sunni leaning family and he reverted to Shia Ithna ashari in his mid-twenties. He calls himself a 'revert', but according to your def he's not, so i guess im ticking 'non-revert man' :donno:

wonderer likes this

I'm a married revert married to non revert muslim BUT I converted FIRST and met my husband about 6 mths later which I feel is worth noting that he had zero influence .

I hear a lot if ppl talking about/asking if I changed my religion for him and it really bothers me!!! I would never EVER change any religion for a man. And that's what most ppl assume with converts in my area.

Hameedeh and UmmAhmad like this

I'm a married revert married to non revert muslim BUT I converted FIRST and met my husband about 6 mths later which I feel is worth noting that he had zero influence .

I hear a lot if ppl talking about/asking if I changed my religion for him and it really bothers me!!! I would never EVER change any religion for a man. And that's what most ppl assume with converts in my area.

Salam sister

I approved your post. Could u please vote. Thx

This is the same for me as well, except for me, it was 5 months after my reversion. :) Now that I am married everyone assumes I became Muslim because of him! I say no! I knew and accepted Islam before I knew any Muslims.

Hameedeh likes this

It's still saying I dont have permission !!

And no one ever changed the thing where my messages have to be approved OR replied to my original message where I asked if there was a way I could find out my user name I've had an acct 2-3 years but forgot it and I can't PM so there's no one to help!!

Salam

I reverted to Islam after learning about the beauty of the religion that was initially introduced to me by a girlfriend in university, alhamdulillah. My exposure was initially the Sunni way of Islam, I attended lessons and halaqas following the Quran, Sunnah, and four scholars. After some time I met my husband who is a born Shia Muslim. He accepted my beliefs but tried to convince me of the true Islam. Following extensive reading and an eureka moment, that resulted from a Sunni jumu'ha khtuba that was illogical regarding wills subhanAllah, I realized the unadulterated Islam. Also, I have always been attracted to the spirituality aspect of Shia. The rest is history :D

Hameedeh likes this

MashAllah, what a great guy. He was a bit shy during the interview ^_^, but none the less, may Allah grant him and his family a long life. inshAllah his dreams come true.

http://youtu.be/KnYt99W6mAI

Edited by PureEthics

There is a South Korean brother here named Hassan, I wonder if he and the brother in the video are the same person. Anyway, it's nice to learn about other people's conversion stories. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: The brother said he would like to introduce Shia Islam to South Korea, there is apparently a center in Inchon.

Ali Mola Org

pupyung ku,Shipjung 2 dong 578-7

Inchon City, Inchon, S. Korea

Phone Number: 82-011-417-5319

Contact E-Mail: alishahbaba@yahoo.com

Edited by Gotham
Ethics likes this

There is a South Korean brother here named Hassan, I wonder if he and the brother in the video are the same person. Anyway, it's nice to learn about other people's conversion stories. Thanks for sharing.

Oh my God you are right!!! Maybe!

salam alikum

i couldn't watch the video may i have the youtube link to watch it? but as i understood from the comments i may say i'm sooooooooo happy for him and may god help him to introduce the shia islam to the south korean people insha'Allah.i hope you success brother. 화이팅 오빠!

OMG i found a video in youtube now it was about a korean man who coverted to shia islam but sadly he talked about that ahmad al hasan!!! i wonder this person you introduced is not that one ha? :wacko:

i think  i'd posted this but as i couldn't see it in above so i decided to post it again ^_^

i've just watched a video in you tube about a shia korean man(converted) and sadly he was talking about hassan al ahmad i was wondering this person is not that one ha?please please send the video link i cannot watch it don'n know why :cry:

i think  i'd posted this but as i couldn't see it in above so i decided to post it again ^_^

i've just watched a video in you tube about a shia korean man(converted) and sadly he was talking about hassan al ahmad i was wondering this person is not that one ha?please please send the video link i cannot watch it don'n know why :cry:

Here is the link. It is weird that you cannot view it:

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnYt99W6mAI]

Sorry, I posted the link too late.

(wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics

thanks for the link i've just watched it but i have some questions if not mind my asking

who is the director of this video?

do you have any relations with this imam hussain channel or are you fallowing sadiq hussaini shirazi? you your self been shia or converted to shia islam?

and last one do you know hassan rezza in person?

sorry for the questions just have been curious! 

thanks

thanks for the link i've just watched it but i have some questions if not mind my asking

who is the director of this video?

do you have any relations with this imam hussain channel or are you fallowing sadiq hussaini shirazi? you your self been shia or converted to shia islam?

and last one do you know hassan rezza in person?

sorry for the questions just have been curious! 

thanks

Its alright, ask away ^_^

I do not know but it is connected with a Shia Satellite Tv Channel whose website is this: http://www.imamhussein3.tv/

Another great UK/Iraq based TV channel is Ahlulbayt TV, whose in connection with Sayed Mahdi Moderrasi, whom also interviews converts. The website can be found: http://ahlulbayt.tv/

No I dont have relations with the channel, I am a follower of Sistani H.A but I respect all our marja. I am a shia by birth, but I questioned my faith a few

years ago and have understood the meaning of this religion.

No I do not know who hassan is.

(wasalam)

Its alright, ask away ^_^

I do not know but it is connected with a Shia Satellite Tv Channel whose website is this: http://www.imamhussein3.tv/

Another great UK/Iraq based TV channel is Ahlulbayt TV, whose in connection with Sayed Mahdi Moderrasi, whom also interviews converts. The website can be found: http://ahlulbayt.tv/

No I dont have relations with the channel, I am a follower of Sistani H.A but I respect all our marja. I am a shia by birth, but I questioned my faith a few

years ago and have understood the meaning of this religion.

No I do not know who hassan is.

(wasalam)

i'm so appreciated you replied all the questions kindly =) i believe both of these two channels and the similar ones are not really good channels the real shia is not what they introduce,however, i am a follower of ayatollah sistani too ^_^

again i should say i'm so glad for this korean brother may god help him insha'Allah in every seconds of his life :angel:

(wasalam)

Few days ago i found out that Gotham is probably, right in a topic i asked for any shia in south korea and a brother named hassan reza was there too and now i think this hassan reza is that person... Oh my god this is realy good...

MashAllah. Beautiful story. However very saddening about the incident with the catholic priest.

(wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics