Pearl178

"selfies"

Rate this topic

Tired of choosing between eating or posting? Relax. Have your cake and eat it, but make sure you are armed with a new Selfie Spoon.

The stick, which extends over 30 inches, has a spot on one end to hold your phone, and a spoon on the other. “Gone are the days of eating a delicious breakfast and all your friends not knowing about it,” the video describing the device, introduced by Cinnamon Toast Crunch, says.

Just turn on the Bluetooth feature on your smartphone, take a photo and post each mouth-watering bite you eat for others to feel jealous.

55fd3ab2c4618813408b45c1.jpg

Tired of choosing between eating or posting? Relax. Have your cake and eat it, but make sure you are armed with a new Selfie Spoon.

The stick, which extends over 30 inches, has a spot on one end to hold your phone, and a spoon on the other. “Gone are the days of eating a delicious breakfast and all your friends not knowing about it,” the video describing the device, introduced by Cinnamon Toast Crunch, says.

Arrghh, that's sick.. Positively sick, morbid Edited by starlight

Actually you are right as Erdogan has rejected taking the selfie and had the editor of Nokta briefly arrested

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/erdogan-says-hes-never-taken-a-selfie-slams-magazine-over-photomontage.aspx?pageID=238&nID=88618&NewsCatID=338

On 9/19/2015 at 9:51 AM, Ali_Hussain said:

Just turn on the Bluetooth feature on your smartphone, take a photo and post each mouth-watering bite you eat for others to feel jealous.

55fd3ab2c4618813408b45c1.jpg

Lakh lanat. Lowlifes.

The selfie nabs one more victim. A Japanese tourist has died after attempting to take a self-portrait at the Taj Mahal’s Royal Gate. The 66-year-old man fell down the stairs and suffered head injuries, losing consciousness and leading to his death. One of his friends also fractured a leg in the fall.

^ I really hope that isn't real!

It is ....

'It’s gotten so bad in Russia, where kids have been electrocuted while trying to take selfies on top of train cars, the government has launched a public-service campaign to warn young people about locations where it might not be so smart to take a photo (including on top of houses, next to oncoming trains, and in the company of wild animals).'

More people have died while trying to taking a ‘selfie’ than from shark attacks this year.

So far, 12 people have lost their life while trying to take a photo of themselves. But the number of people who have died as a result of a shark attack was only eight, according to the Huffington Post.

A 66-year-old tourist from Japan recently died after falling down some stairs while trying to take a photo at the Taj Mahal in India.

In July, a woman from Mississippi was gored to death by a bison while visiting Yellowstone National Park. She had been trying to take a selfie in close proximity to the animals, the Telegraph reported.

Earlier this year the Russian government distributed an illustrated booklet to warn people of dangerous scenarios involved in taking such pictures as part of its Safe Selfie campaign.

In a statement, Yelena Alekseyeva, an official, said: “Our booklet reminds you of how to take a safe selfie, so it is not the last one you will ever take.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/photography/selfies-are-killing-more-people-than-shark-attacks-10512449.html

I'm glad to see that there is some justice in the world

^ I really hope that isn't real!

The poster is real. I saw it on thesun and chicagotribune websites. One day after I posted that image, I heard on my local radio station a news story about the safety poster and it was mentioned that it was designed for tourists in Russia. The reporter adlibbed, "I wonder if they have the poster in different languages, because the tourists can't read Russian." :wacko:

Two teenagers have died while taking selfies on railway tracks in the Indian capital, Delhi.

A group of teenagers went to the railway tracks in the east of the city on Saturday to take pictures in front of oncoming trains.

But two of them failed to move away in time and a train ran over them, police said.

A study last year reported that India records more selfie-related deaths than any other country.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-38647814

On 7/11/2014 at 10:53 AM, Pearl178 said:

Whats with people all over social media becoming so obsessed with taking pics of themselves i.e. 'selfies', its gone out of hand and its only become popular recently. how vain!  I understand taking one or two nice pics and uploading them, but these days it seems like this is all people ever do, take vain selfies every 5 mins, upload them and just and wait for people to compliment them. I came across an article on university of chicago saying people who are obsessed with taking selfies are mentally unstable. I wouldnt go to that extent since it seems like mostly everyone is into this new trend, but they defo lack a lot of confidence in themselves.

what do ya;ll think?

My first ever selfie was in 2003/4 with a siemens phone. Those were the days .... :grin:

I don't think we were trying to make up for the lost confidence. It was more about the 'revolutionary tech' back then ....