Ruq

Favourite Word Of The Day

Rate this topic

On 8/15/2017 at 1:29 PM, realizm said:

11th august. It is still there : https://mobile.twitter.com/DPRK_News

It's a parody account, not run by North Korea!

This tweet from 15th Aug is a dead giveaway.

"Marshal Kim Jong-Un to blot out sun over skies of United States on August 21, 2017, in awesome display of DPRK space power."

And this:

"Marshal Kim Jong-Un bests all competitors in annual Pyongyang Chili Cook-Off, consuming 820 quarts of chili and over 100 crackers." Aug 13

Edited by Marbles

3 hours ago, Marbles said:

It's a parody account, not run by North Korea!

This tweet from 15th Aug is a dead giveaway.

"Marshal Kim Jong-Un to blot out sun over skies of United States on August 21, 2017, in awesome display of DPRK space power."

And this:

"Marshal Kim Jong-Un bests all competitors in annual Pyongyang Chili Cook-Off, consuming 820 quarts of chili and over 100 crackers." Aug 13

How gullible of me. Some tweets sounded true though.

Edited by realizm

1 hour ago, realizm said:

For a while I also believed it was real and laughed in utter amusement at the language of the tweets - until I saw those lol.

10 hours ago, realizm said:

9 hours ago, Marbles said:

For a while I also believed it was real and laughed in utter amusement at the language of the tweets - until I saw those lol.

Same here.

lf l thought faster, l would remember it is KCNA and also there is a KCNAwatch, both of which l have been reading.

Scam- 1.

a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.

to cheat or defraud with a scam.

A person who enjoys doing the definitions above, often repeats false information with an ulterior motive to unsuspecting people in order to cheat them and give him/herself a confidence boost or a "high". They are addicted to themselves. Usually insecure about themselves in the first place, they lie to get their high.

Anyone who promotes a false, half-baked ideology/belief/idea/product, based on a fraudulent scheme or false purpose. Not necessarily the same as  the person in the third definition of scam.