Sign in to follow this  
ThisGirlIr

Farsi Word Help

Salam brothers and sisters

Please can someone who speaks farsi help me. I needed to know the correct English to Farsi translations and also transliterations.

What is the correct actual farsi word for Strength? Not as in physical strength, but inner strength or strength in Faith?

Also what is the correct farsi word for Faith as in spiritual faith? Is it bavar or eteghad? What is difference between the two words?

An explanation for each would be very helpful and also the correct word in Farsi with the correct text. Also if there is more than one word for the same meaning please list them.

Thank you very much

Salam brothers and sisters

Please can someone who speaks farsi help me. I needed to know the correct English to Farsi translations and also transliterations.

What is the correct actual farsi word for Strength? Not as in physical strength, but inner strength or strength in Faith?

Also what is the correct farsi word for Faith as in spiritual faith? Is it bavar or eteghad? What is difference between the two words?

An explanation for each would be very helpful and also the correct word in Farsi with the correct text. Also if there is more than one word for the same meaning please list them.

Thank you very much

Salam, Farsi, like Arabic depends on the context.

Bavar can rarely means faith but mostly means believe/belief

Examples:

Man be to bavar daram/I belive in you

However in this case it can also be translated into I have faith in you

Man bavaram nemishe/I don't belive it

Eteghad often means faith but sometimes belief/believe

Man be khoda eteghad daram/I believe in God

Ghavi means strong. So if you say Eteghade ghavi daram/I have strong faith.

But then again, it's all about the sentence you want to say. 

thank you for your response

I do see what you mean. That has definitely cleared up the bavar/eteghad difference.

When I say strong I mean inner strength. Not a 'strong' feeling for something. Something like Telling someone who is down or upset to 'have strength'.

Does this make sense?

Also for both bavar and eteghad do you know the actual farsi spelling for both of these in Farsi text?

Thank you once again

Also would Nirou apply to any of this??

Eteghad: اعتقاد

Bavar: باور

Niroo also works yes. 

"have strength" is a tricky one. We often hear "Tavakkoll be khoda kon" which basically means "have Tawakul in Allah". 

Ok I see what you are saying. So having 'inner strength' doesn't have a specific type of word? What would the sentence then be for - 'have strength in you' or 'be strong in yourself'

Is Nirou for physical strength? How would it be used in a sentence ?

Thank you again, I really appreciate the help

I get very confused with the various uses/words

Ok I see what you are saying. So having 'inner strength' doesn't have a specific type of word? What would the sentence then be for - 'have strength in you' or 'be strong in yourself'

Is Nirou for physical strength? How would it be used in a sentence ?

Thank you again, I really appreciate the help

I get very confused with the various uses/words

Niroo is often used as "force" as in physics for example. 

You may also say

"Iman dashte bash', literally means have faith (spiritual), non literally can mean keep strong.

"Mohkam bash" can literally mean be strong/firm

"Khoda ghodrat bede behet", is a wish that God will grant you strength/power to cope

Salam

Thank you for your response. Would you be translating Bash literally in to strong/strength?

Also could Nirou ever be applied in a way to say 'strong faith' or to relate to inner strength?

نيرو

توانايي

What do these translate in to? Does one refer to inner non-physical strength?

قدرت

قوی/ قدرتمند / نیرومند

Salam,

No, bash does not mean strong it is the verb that is telling you to "be" or "have" something, it comes from the verb bashad (باشد) = to be

ايمان = faith

محكم= strong/firm

قدرت = power but can be used to refer to an inner strength when someone wishes that God grants you قدرت

توانايي = ability/capability

قوي = strong, usually in the physical sense but can be used to tell someone to be spiritually strong

So you could encourage someone to remain strong or capable in the face of adversity in many ways,

محكم باش

قدرتمند باش

قوي باش

توانمند باش

I have not heard نيرو or نيرومد be used in the context of telling someone to have inner strength or to describe their faith.

ايمان is the word u would use to tell someone to have belief or keep faith that something will happen.

So if you want to specifically tell someone to "have strength in u" or "be strong in yourself" you could say any if the above or the following translates a bit closer to the intended meaning but without using the word strength/strong.

"به خدت ايمان داشته باش" = literally have faith in yourself

"به خدت اعتماد كن" = literally trust yourself (that u can do something)

Edited by keys2paradise

Thank you so much for your extensive explanation of the various meanings. It really does help.

However could you please write the transliterations for the above words too as I unfortunately can not read Farsi text.

Sorry, I realise this may be a bit long winded for you to write out. I don't necessarily need phrases but rather the specific words on their own

Thank you once again

and yes I do mean the 'inner strength' to be able to face adversities. The word for that kind of strength

A wr wb

imaan - faith

Qudrat - power

Tawanai - ability

Qawi - strong.

I have given above eng trans. with meaning for few words,but can't mention their adequacy in mentioning them with the kind of faith you mentioned.

I can just you know --- Rooh al Imaan would mean the spirit of faith or the essence of faith would also mean something deep in faith and important.Similarly Imaan e rooh would mean faith of the spirit would mean like something more than what is obvious,that is deep faith or spiritual faith something like that you get it?

However could you please write the transliterations for the above words too as I unfortunately can not read Farsi text.

be khodet imaan dashteh baash: have faith in yourself

be khodet etemaad kon: trust yourself

Ghavi baash: be strong

Mohkam baash: be strong

Edited by shadow_of_light