Rate this topic

Hi, I live in the UK and I study Law and sociology at university. Can anyone tell me a link to a website or any information on how to get entry to Qom Hawza, I am looking to start full time education at Qom hawza after I finish my Law degree. Also can you tell me if the education and accommodation is free or do I have to pay. I heard it was free and they give you accommodation as well as spending money.

the qomicis.org website isn't working for me I don't know why, if you could tell me why I would be grateful.

Thanks everyone.

(salam)

If you are an Iranian with an Iranian passport then you don't need to worry about much - you can even study azaad or you can choose to go to an Iranian hawzah. Some Iranians even prefer going to Jamiatul Mustafa (hawzah where foreigners go to) for different reasons. I know of an Iranian from Sweden who has been studying in the hawzah for a few years. You don't need to graduate from college.

I've done some blog posts as well regarding life here. Alternatively this is also another website that may have some decent information: http://journeytoqum.com/

Please message me privately if you need specific information, there are also tons of brothers here from England.

Wassalam

Edited by Ibn al-Hussain

thank you. I am not an Iranian but I am from Afghanistan and my mother language is farsi/dari. should I still apply as a foreign student or try the Iranian way?

I would apply as foreign student, but then try to transfer to the Iranian school. 

Salamu A'laikum,

Brother Ibn al-Hussain, I have been reading through your blog, and I realise that you are student of the Hawza. Firstly, I would like to commend you on the work you are doing. Many people lack an insight into the Hawza and I believe that your blog does an excellent job in giving us this insight.

I really don't spend much time posting on ShiaChat, so I haven't reached the 50 post mark for me to send you a PM. Having said that, I have a couple of questions regarding the Hawza. Is there a way for me to contact you to discuss them? I feel it is inappropriate to discuss it publicly and I don't want to post my personal email up here too.

can i study in the hawza in qom, i am from Ghana and i dont have a secondary school qualification. what do i require if yes? any infermation on any hawza i can study in? maybe iran lebanon or any one in kuwait? will be very greatful to any assist

(salam)

Wassalam

they need your help, the 2 people above.

can i study in the hawza in qom, i am from Ghana and i dont have a secondary school qualification. what do i require if yes? any infermation on any hawza i can study in? maybe iran lebanon or any one in kuwait? will be very greatful to any assist

The twelve: Qom would be more than happy to have you, they are trying to reach the furthest places to find students, and they are looking for people from all over the world, especially African nations. If you apply and go to Qom, they will treat you better than most students because you are a rarity coming all the way from Ghana, they will accept you with open arms, and will hope that you can become their link to Ghana in the future.

Please please apply and go to Qom, they will give you accommodation, money, food, everything you need and more, you have no idea how much you are worth to us.

Edited by SF Taha

(salam)

I believe there are a few students from Ghana here already - if I'm not mistaken. Your best and fastest bet would be to either get in touch with one of them if you know anyone, or a local scholar who has been to the Hawzah and he might still have some connections.

Otherwise, the normal (long) process is to apply at Jamiatul Mustafa with their application form: http://en.miu.ac.ir/

Admission information: http://miu.ac.ir/index.aspx?siteid=4&fkeyid=&siteid=4&pageid=36997

Actual application website: http://sampa.miu.ac.ir/Registration/Home.aspx (if you do this in Farsi, I heard your form is processed faster).

They usually say you need a high school diploma minimum, but I have seen a lot of students who don't have one and are studying (really young guys). They probably get in by applying within Iran directly or getting someone to do it for them.

Wassalam

Edited by Ibn al-Hussain

Here, try this:

http://www.studyinqum.com/

If you are Iranian you should take another route though. 

Thank you sooooooo much! May Allah bless youuu. I so want to go too. Really wanted from the last ten years! I LOVE QUM :wub:

The links for the sister's schools don't work though. :cry: ..

Edited by 786repenting

:bismillah:

On 9/30/2017 at 3:18 PM, PistolAnnies said:

Salam...I want to study in iran qom is there any age limit

Alaikom as Salam

Yes, with high school finished; allowed!