In the name of Allah. Salam. I was wondering, if any of the brethren here would join such a project? Let's say, we pick a movie, for example, "Gold and Copper" and translate it into the languages we know. (P.s. It is already translated into Arabic, Spanish and Turkish)

I am focusing on this because I made sure, islamic cinema serves the cause a lot. So, if you are willing to join please let me know, so I upload the .srt subtitle files and once we share and translate it together, I can encode it and upload for you. Thanks in advance.

It is great. May Allah reward you. If you are willing to translate "Tala va Mes" (Gold and Copper) into Italian and French..

Here you can watch the movie, and if you want, you can download it, using softwares such as internet download manager;

http://www.yenikaynak.com/s/yenikaynak/izle/59/iran/hd-altin-ve-bakir-gold-and-copper-tal-va-mes-2011/

And I am attaching the English subtitle file below, you can edit it and save it as different files in French and Italian. When it is finised, you can upload the subtitles here. Then I can encode and upload the movie in both languages on youtube and other sites.

Please take your time in translating. I know it needs some time. And if you have any questions on editing please feel free to ask them here. ma salam

Tala va Mes - Gold and Copper - English Subs.zip

Edited by HamzaTR

The type of the file does not matter as long as the timing is still there and the translated text. However using softwares (such as Subtitle Workshop) to edit subtitles would help you more.  Again the type of the file does not matter, I can save them as .srt files. Thanks a lot, I am sure it really will help reach muslim and non-muslim masses speaking the target languages. And in the credits part you can share the websites for islam in Italian and French. ma salam

wa salam. I already did. In the second post here, there is an attached file, the english subtitle for the movie "Tala va Mes". You can download it there. But make sure you check if the movie is already translated into French and Italian or not. If they are not translated, inshaAllah you can do this good work. And, when you finish translating, you can attach and post the files here. And then inshaAllah I can encode the subtitles into the movie and upload them on streaming sites. May Allah bless you. ma salam

Cinema is an affective tool which sadly is usually used for propaganda of the wrong beliefs, "morals" etc. But, if it is used for good purposes, it can be the best means in teaching islam. Yes, it is such an affective means. And I agree with the famous Director, Majid Majidi, when he says, "If the Prophet Muhammad were here today, he would be preaching faith through cinema". And, alhamdolellah, him and people like him made amazing movies which teach shiite islamic faith, ethics, morals and everything in the language of cinema. And I want them reach people, especially non-muslim masses. That is why I want to start this Project. Please give this specific movie mentioned a try in the above link or here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVu_Uzoc7-o

You'll probably agree. ma salam

3 hours ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

We must translate Marmoulak. It is the best movie.

Ah, I remember that movie! I think it's already been translated to English, but not sure if it's been translated into any other languages.

Edited by Zarla

8 hours ago, Zarla said:

Ah, I remember that movie! I think it's already been translated to English, but not sure if it's been translated into any other languages.

I know it has been translated into Turkish, I saw it before, but never English.

I should add subtitles En Français.