Sign in to follow this  
Abu'l Khattab

Method Of Performing Ziyarat Al-Hussain From Far

Rate this topic

(salam) (bismillah)

It is Ziyarat al-Arba'een season again this year, and while some of us are blessed with the physical visitation to the grave of Aba Abdillah (as) in Karbala, not all of us were given a chance this year.

Al-Hamdulillah, the Imams (as) have already taken this into account and have narrated to us how to perform the Ziyarah of Imam al-Hussain (as) from a far distance. The narrations say it will be registered as an actual visitation to Imam al-Hussain (as), which equals a Hajj and an Umrah (at least for when it is done from far).

So enjoy and keep us all in your du'as.

The best method of performing a Ziyarah to Aba Abdillah (as) from a far distance, extracting it from a narration in Kamil al-Ziyarat. 

1. On a Friday, or any day you wish, perform Ghusl (with the niyyah of Ziyarat al-Hussain (as)), and wear the best of your clothes.

2. Ascend to the highest point of your house, or in a desert, facing the Qibla (and the grave itself) and say:

السلام عليك يا مولاي وابن مولاي، وسيدي وابن سيدي،
Salam to you, O' my master and the son of my master and O my leader and son of my leader. 

السلام عليك يا مولاي يا قتيل بن القتيل، الشهيد بن الشهيد، السلام عليك ورحمة الله وبركاته.
Salam to you, O my master, the Martyr and son of the Martyr, the Slain and son of the Slain. Salam to you and Allah's mercy and blessings be upon you.

انا زائرك يا بن رسول الله بقلبي ولساني وجوارحي، وان لم أزرك بنفسي والمشاهدة لقبتك.
I am performing your Ziyarah, O son of RasulAllah with my heart, my tongue, and my organs although I have not come to your Ziyarah physically where I can view your dome.

فعليك السلام يا وارث ادم صفوة الله
So Salam to you, O heir of Adam, the Chosen Slave of Allah.

، ووارث نوح نبي الله،
And the heir of Nuh, the Prophet of Allah. 

ووارث إبراهيم خليل الله، 
And the heir of Ibrahim, the friend of Allah. 

ووارث موسى كليم الله، 
And the heir of Musa, the (one) addressed by Allah. 

ووارث عيسى روح الله،
And the heir of Isa, the spirit of Allah.

ووارث محمد حبيب الله ونبيه ورسوله، 
And the heir of Muhammad, the love of Allah, and His Prophet and Messenger.

ووارث علي أمير المؤمنين وصي رسول الله وخليفته، 
And the heir of Ali, the commander of the believers, the successor of RasulAllah and his Caliph.

ووارث الحسن بن علي وصي أمير المؤمنين،
And the heir of al-Hasan b. Ali, the successor of the Commander of the believers. 

لعن الله قاتليك وجدد عليهم العذاب في هذه الساعة وفي كل ساعة.
May the curse of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì be upon those who killed ou and may He renew their suffering/torment in this hour and in every hour.

انا يا سيدي متقرب إلى الله جل وعز والى جدك رسول الله، والى أبيك أمير المؤمنين، والى أخيك الحسن، واليك يا مولاي، فعليك السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته بزيارتي لك بقلبي ولساني وجميع جوارحي.
O' my Master, I seek nearness to Allah, the Almighty, and to your grandfather RasulAllah, and to your father Amir al-Mu'mineen, and to your brother al-Hasan, and to you my Master, so Salam to you and Allah's mercy and blessings be upon you through performing your Ziyarah 
with my heart, my tongue, and all my organs. 

فكن يا سيدي شفيعي لقبول ذلك مني، وانا بالبراءة من أعدائك واللعنة لهم وعليهم أتقرب بذلك إلى الله واليكم أجمعين، فعليك صلوات الله ورضوانه ورحمته.
So intercede for me O' my Master so that it is accepted from me, and by disassociating from your enemies, and by cursing them, I seek nearness to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì and to you all, so may His blessings, His pleasure, and His mercy be upon you.

3. Then move a little to your left to the grave of Ali b. al-Hussain (as) and send him Salam in the same manner as above, and ask Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì for your religious/dunya needs. 

4. Then you pray 8 rak'ahs for Salatul Ziyarah, which is the most virtuous, although it's allowed to pray 6,4, or even 2 rak'ahs. 

5. Then you face the Qibla towards the grave of Aba Abdillah (as) and say:

انا مودعك يا مولاي وابن مولاي، ويا سيدي وابن سيدي،،
I bid farewell to you my Master and the son of my Master, and my leader and the son of my leader. 

ومودعك يا سيدي وابن سيدي يا علي بن الحسين، 
And I bid farewell to you my leader and the son of my leader, O' Ali b. al-Hussain. 

ومودعكم يا ساداتي يا معاشر الشهداء
And I bid farewell to you, O my leaders, O' nation of Martyrs.

فعليكم سلام الله ورحمته ورضوانه وبركاته
So may the Salam, mercy, pleasure, and blessings of Allah be upon you all.

6. And InshaAllah it will be rewarded for a Ziyarah to Aba Abdillah (as).

NOTE 1: The issues with facing the graves are less relevant for those living in far distances, and it is enough to face the Qibla 

because all the graves are in that direction, as I confirmed myself from scholars like Syed Muhammad Rizvi.

NOTE 2: Please check with your Marja' to see whether or not they believe that a Mustahab Ghusl suffices for Wudhu (like Syed al-Shirazi for example does NOT believe it suffices). In that case, do Wudhu along with the Ghusl mentioned above, and precaution is the path to success.

(wasalam)

Edited by Al-Afasy

(bismillah)

(salam)

Shukran.

Is it permissible to perform this Ziyarat in the middle of the night other than Friday? For example, on the day of Arbaeen I wish to perform this Ziyarat, however, Arbaeen is not on a Friday. Also, I will be in a place where I cannot openly practice Islam (very hostile environment) so if it is possible, I would like to perform the Ziyarat at the time I go to bed so that I will have some privacy inshallah. Is this allowed?

(wasalam)

*** A Note of Caution ***

This year the traditional Arbaeen (based on the 1st Arbaeen of Imam) is falling on the 20th of Safar. But the real Arbaeen day, the 40th day after the 10 of Muharram is falling a day late.

So please do read the Ziarat Arbaeen, but try reading it on both 20th and 21st of the month of Safar for this year.

*** A Note of Caution ***

This year the traditional Arbaeen (based on the 1st Arbaeen of Imam) is falling on the 20th of Safar. But the real Arbaeen day, the 40th day after the 10 of Muharram is falling a day late.

So please do read the Ziarat Arbaeen, but try reading it on both 20th and 21st of the month of Safar for this year.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Please be careful of making such absolute statements as this. According to the most widely followed Shia marja`, Sayed Ali al-Sistani, the 1st of Safar, 1435 fell on the 5th of December, 2013; the day after the 30th of Muharram. Therefore the 20th of Safar, 1435 (24th of December, 2013) will indeed be the 40th day after Yawm al-Ashura.

I have synced my calendar to that of Sayed Ali al-Sistani. Here is an image for your viewing pleasure. It shows the end of Muharram, the beginning of Safar, and the date that Arbaeen will fall on.

http://i.imgur.com/2vaEsKG.png

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Shukran.

Is it permissible to perform this Ziyarat in the middle of the night other than Friday? For example, on the day of Arbaeen I wish to perform this Ziyarat, however, Arbaeen is not on a Friday. Also, I will be in a place where I cannot openly practice Islam (very hostile environment) so if it is possible, I would like to perform the Ziyarat at the time I go to bed so that I will have some privacy inshallah. Is this allowed?

(wasalam)

The narration says do it on a Friday or any day you wish. So it seems that Friday is the preferred day but is not absolute. As for night or day, the narration does not specify either or. It allows it at any time. 

I should make a note here that this Ziyarah is a general one and not restricted to Ziyarat al-Arba'een. If you want to do this Ziyarah on Arba'een anyways but are not sure which day it is, do it on both, it's only double the reward  :D . 

Edited by Al-Afasy

(bismillah)

(salam)

Please be careful of making such absolute statements as this. According to the most widely followed Shia marja`, Sayed Ali al-Sistani, the 1st of Safar, 1435 fell on the 5th of December, 2013; the day after the 30th of Muharram. Therefore the 20th of Safar, 1435 (24th of December, 2013) will indeed be the 40th day after Yawm al-Ashura.

I have synced my calendar to that of Sayed Ali al-Sistani. Here is an image for your viewing pleasure. It shows the end of Muharram, the beginning of Safar, and the date that Arbaeen will fall on.

http://i.imgur.com/2vaEsKG.png

(wasalam)

Alsalam alaykom

How did you do that?

WS