Sign in to follow this  
AlAbd AlThaleel

Pro-Tatbir

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Before I make this post, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

- This is not a discussion on the permissibility or impermissibility of tatbir, or whether it is a bid'ah or not

- This is not a discussion on what those who are for or against it think about tatbir, nor is it a topic for those with opposing opinions to ridicule those who disagree with them

- This topic is ONLY aimed at those who are pro-tatbir [preferably those who have done it themselves]

I ask mods to consider such posts that fall into the above-mentioned criteria as spam, as we really don't need another 20 page thread of people fighting each other. The purpose of this thread is merely to get the opinions of those who have experienced this act.

I was wondering, to those who have done tatbir, or know those who do, or know the opinions of pro-tatbir scholars, what exactly do those doing it believe the purpose behind it to be? What is one's intention for doing it supposed to be? What is it like experiencing such a different kind of blood-shed that one likely had not normally felt? And finally, what is there about it that makes it such an important ritual for the sake of Imam al-Hussein (as) as opposed to other forms of azadari?

Please and thank you.

Wasalam

The Shirazis are very pro tatbir

Its like when shimr la hit the head of our Mowla as with his knife.

Like when Zaynab as hit her head.

Like when the childrens bodies were cut and whipped.

It depends on the person and how they want to express mourning.

The Shirazis are very pro tatbir

Its like when shimr la hit the head of our Mowla as with his knife.

Like when Zaynab as hit her head.

Like when the childrens bodies were cut and whipped.

It depends on the person and how they want to express mourning.

Hadeeths differ. Some hadith dont say that sayeda zeinab hit her head.

Hadeeths differ. Some hadith dont say that sayeda zeinab hit her head.

I know what the OP said but if you see a falsehood it is important to challenge it otherwise you become a party to the falsehood.

The oft quoted hadith says Hz Bibi Zainab struck her head to such an extent that blood flowed from under her veil.

However we are told that the veils were forceably removed from the honourable ladies.

Can't have it both ways. Perhaps AliAliMowla can address these questions  .

Edited by A true Sunni

I know what the OP said but if you see a falsehood it is important to challenge it otherwise you become a party to the falsehood.

The oft quoted hadith says Hz Bibi Zainab struck her head to such an extent that blood flowed from under her veil.

However we are told that the veils were forceably removed from the honourable ladies.

Can't have it both ways. Perhaps AliAliMowla can address these questions .

How do you know the veils were removed instantly?

Could be that she hit herself and then they removed the veils.

How do you know the veils were removed instantly?

Could be that she hit herself and then they removed the veils.

because of the narrated sequence of events!!. Cant pick and choose and rearrange sequences to suit yourself.

However I see from your reply that you are possibly a 'customary Shia'. One that is a Shia because he was born one. If you were a Shia who had studied and pondered the messages of Karbala you wouldnt have posted such a reply

Edited by A true Sunni

because of the narrated sequence of events!!. Cant pick and choose and rearrange sequences to suit yourself.

However I see from your reply that you are possibly a 'customary Shia'. One that is a Shia because he was born one. If you were a Shia who had studied and pondered the messages of Karbala you wouldnt have posted such a reply

Not all ahaadeth say that. Look at this:

http://shiaaqeedah.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/syyeda-masooma-zainab-al-kubra-sa-binte.html?m=1

There are a few versions of the events.

Lets leave the judging to Allah swt.

And for the record my family are anti tatbir.

Edited by AliAliMowla

Not all ahaadeth say that. Look at this:

http://shiaaqeedah.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/syyeda-masooma-zainab-al-kubra-sa-binte.html?m=1

There are a few versions of the events.

Lets leave the judging to Allah swt.

And for the record my family are anti tatbir.

For the record I said the oft quoted narration . The self harming as an intentional act prior to Martyrdom is very rarely spoken about.

With tatbir you cannot sit on the fence. you come on here 'justifying' it yet claim to anti. As I said very little thought given to your Mazhab

Edited by A true Sunni

For the record I said the oft quoted narration . The self harming as an intentional act prior to Martyrdom is very rarely spoken about.

With tatbir you cannot sit on the fence. you come on here 'justifying' it yet claim to anti. As I said very little thought given to your Mazhab

Ok. there are other versions of the story though.

You accused me of not thinking it through for myself. My family are anti tatbir whereas i am not.

I think you may have misunderstood.

Ok. there are other versions of the story though.

You accused me of not thinking it through for myself. My family are anti tatbir whereas i am not.

I think you may have misunderstood.

I understood. Why did you state your families opinion when I didnt ask it but not state your own. Seems like you are deliberately trying to be obtuse

I understood. Why did you state your families opinion when I didnt ask it but not state your own. Seems like you are deliberately trying to be obtuse

You said that i only believe what i do as i was born in a shia family and that i havent done any research. I was explaining that infact i differ with my family.

You said that i only believe what i do as i was born in a shia family and that i havent done any research. I was explaining that infact i differ with my family.

More fool you in that case.

However having said that being born into anti-tatbir family doesnt mean that they had researched and become anti-Tatbir. Most Anti-Tatbiris are instinctively anti-Tatbir because it is an act that causes revulsion.

Doesnt mean that you arent a 'customary shia' . You can are influenced as much by your environment as your family

More fool you in that case.

However having said that being born into anti-tatbir family doesnt mean that they had researched and become anti-Tatbir. Most Anti-Tatbiris are instinctively anti-Tatbir because it is an act that causes revulsion.

Doesnt mean that you arent a 'customary shia' . You can are influenced as much by your environment as your family

Seriously? I have done my research.

No one in my communtiy practices tatbir.

WS