Sign in to follow this  
Anisa Bandeh Khoda

I Vant To Learn Farsi.

(bismillah) 

As- Salam o Alaikom 

If you'd like to learn farsi, post sentences you'd like to learn. 

Insha Allah a farsi/dari speaker, such as myself or another respected bro/sis may be able to help you out.

Peace, love and Unity!

~ Anisa B.K

salaam,

actually i want to study farsi, many people said that if you know arabic, it will be easier to understand farsi. my motivation to study farsi not because i want to talk with iranian/afghani only. I want to analyse persian poetry like Omar Khayyam, Sa'di, Hafez and any legendary iranian poets so that i can apply my critique when I study literature and enrich my cultural awareness especially that related to eastern literature.

so first question, does farsi sentences syntax and arabic sentence syntax are similar?

i.e. if u say in english "his name is ridwan" in arabic it's : "ismuhu ridwan" where ismu" means 'name', 'hu' is possesive noun which means 'him'....so if we render it to english it become : "name his ridwan"

I hope u understand my post

Sami 2:

depends on your dialect/accent, actually - it's es-top .. i.e. es-top kon machino == stop the car.  

Murteza:

His name is ridhwan                                                    

Ismi oo ridhwan ast == name his ridhwan is 

or

ismi oo ridhwan e 

Note: oo pronounced same as oo as in food. 

Edited by Anisa Bandeh Khoda

Salam,

why do you say stop... as-top ?

Because most of the time, if not all the time, in Farsi a consonant is followed by a vowel. If it does not, then a vowel precedes it. In the case of two consonants in a row, a vowel has to precede or follow. But there are no words that start with two consonants, that's why native speakers throw in a vowel preceding simply because of their spoken reflex ie. accent.

It's the nature of the Farsi language.

Edited by The Canuck

Salam,

Because most of the time, if not all the time, in Farsi a consonant is followed by a vowel. If it does not, then a vowel precedes it. In the case of two consonants in a row, a vowel has to precede or follow. But there are no words that start with two consonants, that's why native speakers throw in a vowel preceding simply because of their spoken reflex ie. accent.

exactly, lolz

was waiting for someone to say that, i didn't have time to expand. 

Sami 2:

depends on your dialect/accent, actually - it's es-top .. i.e. es-top kon machino == stop the car.  

Murteza:

His name is ridhwan                                                    

Ismi oo ridhwan ast == name his ridhwan is 

or

ismi oo ridhwan e 

Note: oo pronounced same as oo as in food. 

merci 

Salam,

kheili mamnoon

what does 'nekonam' mean? i heard a lot when someone speak farsi?

mikonam? means == i'm doing

never heard nekonam before lolz  :shifty:

nakon == don't 

konam == should do

Edited by Anisa Bandeh Khoda

nakon == don't 

konam == should do

Do you think I'll be able to speak and understand spoken Farsi within a month if I make a concerted effort to learn at least 10 words a day? I'll obviously learn all the essential prepositions first which won't take me too long.

Why do Farsi speakers switch the letter ق with غ? I especially don't like it when hearing some Iranians read the Qur'an, it changes the entire meaning of the word in the Qur'an sometimes. Also, I find it hard believing they are 'unable' to say the letter (like some people say they are unable to say ع from the throat), because they can just change ق to ك like in most non-Arabic languages that change letters to closer sounding letters because they can't say the original one (like ع to ا).

My point is that switching the letter ق with غ is a really odd way to go about it.

LOL, i must misheard of it...anyway i try myself as good as possible...correct me if im wrong.

ism man morteza ast, man indonisi hastam, wa man zandeghi dar jakarta.

Do you think I'll be able to speak and understand spoken Farsi within a month if I make a concerted effort to learn at least 10 words a day? I'll obviously learn all the essential prepositions first which won't take me too long.

i think the most effective way to learn other language is by make yourself familiar with the language first. it would be done if you live in particular country whereas they use the language in the first place.

LOL, i must misheard of it...anyway i try myself as good as possible...correct me if im wrong.

ism man morteza ast, man indonisi hastam, wa man zandeghi dar jakarta.

EDITED: ism e man morteza ast, va man indoneziayi hastam, va alan tu jakarta zendegi mikonam..

gd effort : )

Guys, learn Urdu ... Then learning Farsi will be easy.

And don't learn Dari, none of my Farsi friends consider Dari a pure Farsi. Sort of Spaniards don't consider South American Spanish as Puritan. Or British make fun of American English while sipping on their tea.

If you are really interested in any new language, this really helps www.rosettastone.com ...

I can bet you, SC is totally wrong place for learning the language. Unless you wanna learn bad words of any language with so may sparks flaming all over the SC forums.

:) :) :)

Edited by Waiting for HIM

wa alaykom salam haram police.. 

lolz i just tried to do something nice to help people for free.. and this is the critique i get. Ajabaaaaaaa  :Hijabi:  

nekoonam=a good trusted person with good reputation (if this is what u meant by nekonam) :)

oh yah, nek o nam right fatima? 

And don't learn Dari, none of my Farsi friends consider Dari a pure Farsi. Sort of Spaniards don't consider South American Spanish as Puritan. Or British make fun of American English while sipping on their tea.

Thats highly inaccurate. Dari and Farsi are one and the same. Those with that view probably base their opinion on accent. Then again get out of Tehran and you have as many different accents as places with Afghanistan being one of them.

Thats highly inaccurate. Dari and Farsi are one and the same. Those with that view probably base their opinion on accent. Then again get out of Tehran and you have as many different accents as places with Afghanistan being one of them.

Tell this to a superiority complexed Iranian...

For me being an outsider to both, I personally like Dari more than Farsi. Precisely for reason being that Dari has kept lots of original Arabic lingo intact unlike Farsi.

Why in the world Persians had to:

Translate Salat into Namaz.

Translate Rabb into Parwardegar.

Translate Ilaha into Khoda.

Sound of Qaaf (like Qur'an) has permanently turned into the sound of Ghaaf (like Ghur'an).

..... and so on.

They have limited the universality of Arabic words into their Farsi translation. Dari for most part doesn't do it, so for me its more Islamic version of Farsi than Farsi itself.

Now Farsi culture is definitely more sophisticated and is evident in the Shia Centers I go to where both kinds of crowds show up. 

But again, this is a limited appraise, because I see Afghans (like Pakistanis) are more connected to their way of dressing than Iranians are. Iranians seem to have lost their own way of dressing all together in favor of Western shirt and pants, both for men and women.  

Edited by Waiting for HIM

Guys, learn Urdu ... Then learning Farsi will be easy.

If you are really interested in any new language, this really helps www.rosettastone.com ...

I can bet you, SC is totally wrong place for learning the language. Unless you wanna learn bad words of any language with so may sparks flaming all over the SC forums.

:) :) :)

Alas it is true for me. may be I have lost my mental sharpness or whatever but my try to learn farsi this way failed miserably.

I believe the only way to learn is to take a course followed by finding a farsi chatter box. Allah help me learn farsi. i really want to learn

it. and with every passing day ii feel the need to learn arabic too. Poor me, mind already occupied by three languages, all totally different

from one another.