Sign in to follow this  
Mommin

Sayed Ammar Nakshawani's New Image...

Rate this topic

post-13758-0-96408500-1383336881_thumb.j

Salaam Everybody

The above picture is a recent one of Sayed Ammar Nakshawani standing in front of a well known painting....what are your thoughts about this pic?

Do you think its necessary for him to pose in that specific way?

Do you think this is Islamic?

What are your thoughts about him always wearing tight jeans and leather jackets?

Do you think with his great knowledge of religion he should dress more smartly and professionally than just wearing jeans..?

Ws

Edited by Mommin

The jeans aren't exactly tight.

Wearing leather isn't haraam even if it's najis leather.

The pose isn't sexually suggestive or immature. He just has his hands in his pocket and a stern look on his face.

The painting looks to be a work of Banksy, who is known to be very anti-imperialist and one of the few non-degenerate, non-commercial artists in the West today.

So, this is a non-issue.

Is it haram to wear " tight" clothes for men? Because, according to shia figh ( maybe also in sunni figh), Strictly speaking even  the thigh is not part of the awrah. The absolute minimum for a man is to to cover the private parts. 

Of course, it is recommended to cover more..

Edited by Nima

I think the OP kinda meant like .. imagine if you see your grand Ayatollah with a hoodie standing near the bus station ?.

Personally, my spirituality wouldnt feel comfortable doing this, but each of his own. No one should be judged according to what they wear or how they look like.  The love of Allah is inside the heart .

No one is judging anybody and were all free to do what we want in life but someone like sayed Ammar is regarded as a role model for many youths, so don't you think dressing in a smarter way will be more professional than just wearing jeans..?

Have you ever seen Doctors, engineers and lawyers dressed in jeans? Its part of their job to always dress smartly with suits as it's regarded as being professional, if they dress with just jeans and a top than they are fired from their jobs...image is important and says a lot about someone.

People generally respect professionals who are dressed smartly, that is the truth and many jobs expect this...

With all respect to SAN I have seen him on TV programmes and on conferences and he always wears the same...eg jeans.

Sometimes he lets himself down and I don't know if that is the right image to show to the world?

Especially as he has good degree's and a PhD....it's a shame

Edited by Mommin

Yes the hard truth is that attire does define intellect, if you see someone dressed scruffy and another person with a smart suit who would you really trust?

Look at most professionals nowadays in the working world and you will see that this is the truth...

Is it haram to wear " tight" clothes for men? Because, according to shia figh ( maybe also in sunni figh), Strictly speaking even  the thigh is not part of the awrah. The absolute minimum for a man is to to cover the private parts. 

Of course, it is recommended to cover more..

they are not tight.

I think this is completely fine. he is not standing in an inappropriate way and as for the jacket it nit haram to wear leather halal or haram slaughtered but only haram to wear if it is in prayer.

As for his culture this is normal. I think he will attract the youth by showing them he's "normal"

All the power to him really!

as for the pic I dont know this pic sadly as maybe I am the only one that doesn't. :S

994067_10151662774417587_990276457_n1.jpg

Salaam Everybody

The above picture is a recent one of Sayed Ammar Nakshawani standing in front of a well known painting....what are your thoughts about this pic?

What are your thoughts about him always wearing tight jeans and leather jackets?

Do you think with his great knowledge of religion he should dress more smartly and professionally than just wearing jeans..?

Ws

article-1390610-0C4341A000000578-860_468

Says it all.

Btw most of my old Senior management bosses, took home over 250k a year. Guess what? they wore jeans and fancy shirts too work. Anyways, ammar could have been out on a stroll ( on his day off ), and happened to pass by that graffiti and some invisible guy took a picture. Heck even if he came in PJ's and gave lectures, it would not matter. Its all about the words.

I just changed into my suit to use the W.C. I showed my intellect to all the germs, and they all approved. Now my life is complete.

Edited by D3v1L

No one is judging anybody and were all free to do what we want in life but someone like sayed Ammar is regarded as a role model for many youths, so don't you think dressing in a smarter way will be more professional than just wearing jeans..?

Have you ever seen Doctors, engineers and lawyers dressed in jeans? Its part of their job to always dress smartly with suits as it's regarded as being professional, if they dress with just jeans and a top than they are fired from their jobs...image is important and says a lot about someone.

People generally respect professionals who are dressed smartly, that is the truth and many jobs expect this...

With all respect to SAN I have seen him on TV programmes and on conferences and he always wears the same...eg jeans.

Sometimes he lets himself down and I don't know if that is the right image to show to the world?

Especially as he has good degree's and a PhD....it's a shame

In the Holy & Precious Qura'an it is mentioned that the Prophet (pbuh) was impressed by the appearance of the monafiqoun. Let us forget the fact that it was speaking about the mounafiqeen and focus on the fact that it has told us that the Prophet (pbuh) is impressed by how you project your appearance. 

"And when you see them, their forms please you, and if they speak, you listen to their speech."

63:4

In order for the youth to listen you would need to be on one of their levels. If you walk around with Hawza clothes no youth will stop and listen because they're expecting your knowledge in Islam. But if you take them by surprise they will see that you do not have to grow a lengthy beard or wear traditional clothes to be a good Muslim.

Do the tafseer agree with it being to the holy Prophet (as) ^

Read the previous ayahs. It is calling the Prophet (pbuh)

When the hypocrites come to you, [O Muhammad], they say, "We testify that you are the Messenger of Allah ." And Allah knows that you are His Messenger, and Allah testifies that the hypocrites are liars.

63:1

If I'm wrong then I do apologise but that is what's apparent from the Surah.

Edited by itinerary

I think the OP kinda meant like .. imagine if you see your grand Ayatollah with a hoodie standing near the bus station ?.

But, Sayyed Ammar isn't a grand ayatollah.

Moreover, I am sure all of us have seen the pictures of Seyyed Ahmad Khomeini in his youth, wearing a Western-style suit. And he was not just a regular mu'ammam. He was a brilliant scholar; above his peers.

Yes the hard truth is that attire does define intellect, if you see someone dressed scruffy and another person with a smart suit who would you really trust?

Look at most professionals nowadays in the working world and you will see that this is the truth...

That is a very superficial outlook.

It's nice that you lend so much trust to someone who simply possessed 100 dollars and the willingness to wear a suit.

I am not saying that dress is not important. But it is certainly not important in the way you are suggesting. It is important as a reflection of culture and lifestyle. Not as a reflection of money/status/soosooliness/etc...

You should really listen to yourself. The man isn't dressed in rags; he is simply dressed in casual clothes. Is that a crime? When you look at pictures of top ulama in their homes, or any less formal environment, you do not see them in their full regalia. They are just wearing a simple long shirt and sometimes a kufi. Would you call that unprofessional?

The hoodie is a form of clothing taken up by many people of many different backgrounds. It is warm, it is comfortable, it conceals, it is inexpensive, and it is more or less culturally universal. In spite of all the forms of clothing imposed forcefully upon Eastern peoples, the hoodie was never imposed in this manner. In this way, it is similar to the t-shirt; it is a type of clothing born purely out utility. There is no cultural imposition involved. Culturally, it is a blank slate. People adopt it for its practicality.

I am assuming this picture was taken in Britain. Thus, the hoodie is a perfectly reasonable choice for casual clothing fitting with the climate he is in.

Edited by baradar_jackson

There is a decorum for everything.

Let me give you a couple of examples.

While it is perfectly ok for a woman to wear her satin gown in front of her father, but basic decorum of a father and adult daughter relationship suggests otherwise.

Another one is, you can use your new underpants to clean your face instead of a towel but you won't do it. Again basic decorum.

Another one is, what if Ay. Seestani shows up in front of you wrapped in a towel after a shower? He won't because it's a basic decorum.

Ammar is not showing the correct judgement here with his attempt to look HIP. Again he needs a lecture in basic decorum.

(bismillah)

(salam)

attachicon.gif994067_10151662774417587_990276457_n1.jpg

Salaam Everybody

Ws

Like other posters above have mentioned, the way you dress plays a big role in the society which we live in and how people come to view us. Being Muslims, we should work on improving our image, not just to society in general, but also to those in our own communities. The image the OP posted, does not have anything to do with being Halal or Haram but everything to do with the image of Muslims. How often do we see Christian pastors in photos dressed up like ghetto trash? How often do we see Jewish rabbis dressed up like thugs standing next to graffiti? Why is it only people from the Muslim community, who give their 100% approval and deem these actions acceptable such as some of the above deranged posters have done? Please do tell me because I do not understand. 

A man who goes to a Mosque or Church or Synagogue well dressed, wearing a coat and tie and good looking is way more likely to be treated with respect than a wannabe thug wearing a hoodie and jeans. It is truly a shame that such people in the OP's pic are treated as respected scholars who some people believe we desperately need, in order to cater to our young Muslim youth. I have never in my life seen pastors or priests or rabbis dressing up in hoodies as trash as a way to get their younger ones more involved. But with Muslims we have people defending those actions. Very very sad.

(wasalam)     

Edited by Little_Socrates

this thread is useless bro, just because hes a religious figure you cant expect him to wear a green turban and walk around with a stick,its 2013

please delete this thread anyone.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Like other posters above have mentioned, the way you dress plays a big role in the society which we live in and how people come to view us. Being Muslims, we should work on improving our image, not just to society in general, but also to those in our own communities. The image the OP posted, does not have anything to do with being Halal or Haram but everything to do with the image of Muslims. How often do we see Christian pastors in photos dressed up like ghetto trash? How often do we see Jewish rabbis dressed up like thugs standing next to graffiti? Why is it only people from the Muslim community, who give their 100% approval and deem these actions acceptable such as some of the above deranged posters have done? Please do tell me because I do not understand. 

A man who goes to a Mosque or Church or Synagogue well dressed, wearing a coat and tie and good looking is way more likely to be treated with respect than a wannabe thug wearing a hoodie and jeans. It is truly a shame that such people in the OP's pic are treated as respected scholars who some people believe we desperately need, in order to cater to our young Muslim youth. I have never in my life seen pastors or priests or rabbis dressing up in hoodies as trash as a way to get their younger ones more involved. But with Muslims we have people defending those actions. Very very sad.

(wasalam)     

So... wearing a hoodie = being a wannabe thug?